Surgery/Botox Update !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery/Botox Update !

Postby pinky » 09 Sep 2008, 06:07

how are you feeling today tabby?is the pain any better?u may feel the stinging from the injection.hope botox works for u.
Val-im in the UK and botox is available here but not everywhere and not every CRS does it.botox is a new treatment and i think more research is needed for its efficacy and dose required.
corsica-did u get manometry after botox?u will get false pressure readings if u r on botox as the sphincter will be weak according to my CRS.botox didnt work for me.it reduced the pain slightly but still crippling pain.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Jo » 09 Sep 2008, 08:44

Hi Dear Tabby,
Hoping you are feeling well today and you are not having any pain.
Have been thinking of you and wishing you the best.
Take care and Be well!
:sprinkleheart:
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby juney » 09 Sep 2008, 13:56

how are you doing tabby?? have you had your first bm yet??
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2008, 14:37

Pinky :truebud: Jen :truebud: Kim :truebud: Val :truebud: Lecia :truebud: Fissy :truebud: Happy :truebud: Corsi :truebud: Jo :truebud: Cheryl :truebud: Juney :truebud:
Thank you all for your words of support....
I am really osshed to be honest ! I woke this morning feeling no pain atall until I had to go toilet which was painful and set things off, I took valuim, had breakie and then had to go again as I always do :roll: the second time was very painful too, no blood i could see but very sore even to run the shower head on my toosh…
I had an inspection after this and have noticed some swelling in the 1 ’0 clock position very painful to touch, I got into the bath took some painkillers and was ordered to go back to bed , slept some more and felt a little better but still very uncomfortable :(
I was so scared to pass wind lastnight that I kept it in and at 2am this morning woke with very bad trapped wind Image I had a windy belly when I woke from the G/A too just like you said Val !
During this afternoon on several occasions I have patted my toosh with toilet paper to see some red/brownish residue – not poop !! only a spot or two but it freaks me something else is going on…do you guys think this is normal ? my MIL thinks this is old blood from the investigations yesterday.....
I am not interested in phoning the surgeon to ask if dilation was done I am sure if he had he would have mentioned it surely - the joys of the NHS is no one tells you anything unless you ask !
I have read through some posts and was pleased Jen and Fiss came home with positive news, I cannot find news about yours Lecia and hope all is well…
Cinderella I am sorry you are having problems Image I hope you feel better soon....
And Juney Image I am sorry today has been so rough for you Image you have been in my thoughts…
I don’t have the energy to reply on each thread… I am sorry I am just so wacked and grumpy :(
I will pray for you all this evening especially those in pain just now…
Take care my friends !
With love Image
Tabby Image
xxx

Postby val » 09 Sep 2008, 14:52

I'm glad you checked in, I was getting worried about you!

Isn't the wind pain awful, mine was in the middle of the night too! Image

Its good you've got some valium to relax you and things aren't too bad.

I didnt have botox so couldn't say for sure, but it does sound like your MIL is right about the red/brown stuff, it does sound like blood.

Hope you feel better very very soon
Image :thinkofyou: Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Sep 2008, 15:04

Don't lay too much worry on that "stain," Tabby, does sound like residue from yesterday!
If you keep your windy belly, you could be quite useful on a sailboat! J/K!!!!
I am sure you are grumpy and feel weird with the GA wearing off, and whatever other drugs were in your system yesterday.
Yes, too hope tomorrow is a great improvement over today...hang in there because you have taken the first step, now let your body heal and get over the trauma of the past 48 hours!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2008, 15:11

Val Image Kim Image
That means so much Image My worried head just takes over and i tend to think the worse scenario....Yip time for more valium ! :alien:
Kim there is a whirlwind here this evening Image

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Sep 2008, 15:24

Hey my "Tubby " Image Image Image Image Image
How nice to see you today Image Image Image Image I ma so sorry that your BM was so painful Image - I think it is some swelling due to needle poking for Botox and exam they did Image Some specks of blood also could be a remnants of all of that - yes, just take those pain pills and valium and go through those first 2-3 days until Botox takes a hold ! Corsi had a lot of discomfort too after day or two due to those nasty needles - take some nice soaks :bathtub: sweetie and relax as much as you can !
Love you buddy :thinkofyou: and praying for you Image Image Image !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2008, 16:41

Hey Tabby,
Yeah, like the others said I am sure it is just old blood or mucous drainage which is normal during trauma. Does the pain feel like fissure pain or is it different. I've been thinking of you and glad you got a chance to check in and let us know how you are doing. Things are going to get better, you can count on it!

Postby Jen » 09 Sep 2008, 16:59

Tabby -

Sorry about the pain sweetie - I am sure it hurts to have needles poked in your bum! OUCH!!! Image

Do you feel much looser? Did you ever find out if they did A/D????

I am positive the blood was left over residue from yesterday.

I am still praying for you! Image Keep up with the soaks girlfriend! :bathtub:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39