Surgery/Botox Update !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery/Botox Update !

Postby val » 10 Sep 2008, 15:02

Tabby, if you really need an appointment then stay on that phone and ask to speak to the people in charge and INSIST you're seen if you really need to be - it really is the only way of getting anywhere with the nhs but it does work, i've done it twice now!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Sep 2008, 15:48

Oh my poor "Tubby"- Image Image Image :sprinkleheart: Image !!! I wish I can take that stupid pain away Image in an instant !!!
I can completely relate buddy , as you can see from my posts and yes, please take those pain meds - we have to keep our "marbles" to be able to make strategies and plans for further care and exams :krusty: !
Everybody who had Botox here complained of very bad pain in the place of the injection and swelling sweetie - it is side effect and MANY more were listed on my discloser paper that I got before one of CRSs tried to give me one - so I ran away as fast as I could LOL and found LIS less scary - believe it or not LOL. That is why I never tried Botox before - those needles just must hurt like hell !!!! Image Image Image Do soaks help at all ???
I am sure it will get better in day or two as swelling goes down :( , but if pain does not improve in 5-6 days - call them my Tabby - they will have to see you. Don't wait those 3 months - oh NO !!! Some fissure pain is OK , since it is there and needs to heal, but other kind of pain would not be OK. But, for some reason I am also relieved somewhat that he did not do dilation, I still would rather you have the LIS, just because I had it 2 times and it really did not give me any trouble what so ever - if nothing, I wish they did MORE !
So, maybe this really is for the best buddy Image Image - just try to relax - take some extra Valium ; ), just to survive those 2-3 more days Image Image Image !!! I wish I am as crafty as our baby-Lecia and can insert some kitty picks for you - that photo is just priceless : ))) !!! So, you are now like that poor kitty, but you know that they have 9 lives - right ??!!! Image So,you will be bouncing around soon again too, just stay away from mice LOL- they are stinky little creatures Image.
I will have my tea soon - I wish I can give you some of my "catnip" he he, no wonder it brings me back to life Image !
We will get over this buddy - we just have to be patient as ...as... I don't know :roll: - who is the symbol of patience LOL - maybe there is none Image - maybe nobody was patient enough - ha ha - you seeeee- we are fantastic actually in our patience !!!!!! Once in future history there will be a saying : " BE PATIENT AS A FISSURE PATIENT" _ ta-raaaaaaaa !!!!
LOVE YOU SWEETIE - I just am trying to make you smile - I know it is hard now, but it must get better - it just must !!!
XOXOXOXOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo......... :arwen:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Sep 2008, 16:39

Tabby dearest - just one more thing - DON'T use paper towel at all when at home. Just dab ONCE if you must - noooooo sweeping motions -OK ! And than go in a tub and use a shower head with very gentle pressure - if needed use your hand to brake the spray. Also when drying - use towel just to dry legs and all and outside of butt, than get out of tub, take looooong peace of a paper towel, put it between the cheeks - again - NO movement - just let it soak the droplets. Than some use drier to dry it all up - I do not.
There is great cleansing lotion called BALNEOL that you can put on the paper and use for cleaning. It makes paper literary gliiiiiide and it collects all the junk wonderfully. I use it when I go out - which is a miracle that I can do it now - prize the LORD - ALELUA !!!!!! Anyways - my laser dude told me to use it after surgery and I was reluctant but it works like a charm. If you do not have it in UK - please send me your address in PM - I will be more than happy to send you some Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 10 Sep 2008, 16:46

Fiss and Tabby,
That Balneol does work great. I used it for months and months and then overused, I think, because it started to irritate me, but for short periods of time I should be just fine.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 18:59

Let us know what you find out. We love you!

Cheryl-how is your IBS management coming?

Postby Corsi » 11 Sep 2008, 02:11

T Image bby Image
I think you have to be patient, I had a sore bum for a week after my first Botox, and the BMs was painfull as hell - so Fissy is right about that. Remember they have irritated your fissure and the rest of the area.
About Botox as a remedy to get rid of fissures, I too think it is needed more than once, and also I do believe it is so important how it is given. As I have said before, my CRS (and the expert he discussed my buttproblems with), stressed that it should be given without local anaesthetic when using an ultrasound so it could "hit" the sphincter precisely. And yes, even though it was painful with the needles up my butt, and even if I don't know if this second shot will heal me - I would do it again. I actually will do as many shots as my CRS recommends me before I even consider surgery! I know for sure that Botox can work, I am looser even to the point that I have been incontinent some mornings. How many shots I will have to have, I don't know...maybe I will join the LISers, but I will try this as much as needed first...
Fissulyna wrote:Everybody who had Botox here complained of very bad pain in the place of the injection and swelling sweetie - it is side effect and MANY more were listed on my discloser paper that I got before one of CRSs tried to give me one - so I ran away as fast as I could LOL and found LIS less scary - believe it or not LOL. That is why I never tried Botox before - those needles just must hurt like hell !!!! Image Image Image

Please don't touch the area...why should we touch it? I never do, I take a sitz bath and then shower off....I even use a hair dryer after I have dried it gently with a towel.
I really do understand you are frustrated and down, buttpain is unbearable! It must be frustrating to go in for something that you hope will get rid of your pain, and then come home and something else has been done. As Fissy say, I'm glad too that you didn't do AD as I've read it is an outdated method.
:truebud: Corsica Image Image
Who has no medical training whatsoever!
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2008, 07:36

Val Image
You are right ! I am not taking the back seat here anymore Image and if needs be and I need to be seen before 3 months….. I am going to kick off bigtime !
Fissy Image
Did I tell you how much I love you?????…Ok well … I DO I DO I DO !!!!!!!……You are the best and you always make me smile Image
I have read every botox thread on this board and I can see why you got freaked out, atleast you got a disclaimer , I didn’t ! Image Lets not talk about freak outs ! Image
It’s the simple little tips you give me like the shower head and hand tip Image that helped this morning on my sensitive area, I did everything you said this morning…
And Yip that repeated dabbing really is a No No …What was I playing at !!!
Somebody shake me really hard I need it !!!
BE PATIENT AS A FISSURE PATIENT…That’s got to be the tip of the day Image
The pain is much better today………Thank the lord !!! Image Image Image
What a difference a day makes hey, toilet time was ok-ish, no real pain, no glass pain ! just a dull achey feeling after… dare I say it- definite improvement from the last 2 days…I NEED SOME CODE STUFF HERE $Ј^^&*((($%***&^””))*”!!*))….that should do the trick !
Balneol is something I have looked for before in the UK, I remember Cheryl mentioning this to me ….Thanks Cheryl, but as per usual we so behind the times here and don’t have any…that’s a very kind thought Fissy…Thank you Image
Dear Corsi Image
Thank you so much for your reply, I think we have all had a little medical training that’s for sure!! Image
Of course it makes sense Corsi I knew I shouldn’t be touching/dabbing it and I thought of your wise words you gave to Fiss that day.....
Thank you for telling me how long your soreness lasted that helps so much !
I feel so much more positive today Image I think I maybe had meltdown Corsi what do you think ! Image
I love you all and am so thankful for all of your support; it really does mean the world to me Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Sep 2008, 20:30

Hey Tabster!! How is day four going, is the botox kicking in?
Man, I would have thought you knew all about botox after being here so long!! But I understand you got it at the last moment and didn't have time to consider it more thoroughly.
But now you have got this handy-dandy toxin up your hiney, so let's give it a shot ( pun intended) and see how it goes! I am delighted your pain was better today, let's see how friday goes and take it day by day for a week and see!!
I'm thinking positive thoughts and I'll play an entire Radiohead album in your honor when you have a rub of several good days! I'm a creep like that, you know!! :) Image
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 12 Sep 2008, 03:22

You could try playing Westlife and see if that helps Image it would take your mind off things anyway while you're wanting to throw something at the cd player! Image Image

Hope you have a very good day today
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2008, 07:33

Thank you Kim, Val and all my buddies Image
Happy Friday !!!! Hey that’s bizarre as i wrote Happy Friday - Friday I’m in love came on the radio ! :lecia:
Day 4 of the botox – First off some code – “$%%&**&^%$Ј!^(():?@{}~>I feel good !!!!
Had that feeling of - oh I need to go like quick this morning and didn’t feel a thing !!!
Strange feeling could it be the botox !!
I have been eating well and upped my dose of moviocl/miralax so one of the two has definitely kicked in, second time was pleasant too !!
Today I feel that slight ache but nowhere near as painful where I have to reach for valuim and painkillers Image
I have been up and about doing my housewife chores, things do feel different !!!
I am scared to say I feel happy today !
Thank the lord Image Image
I haven’t felt fissure pain since I came home from the hospital, it’s a very werid feeling – more code “$%%&**&^%$Ј!^(():?@{}~>Watch this space ................
Kim did you buy In rainbows ??? Seriously I have listened to this album since last October over and over and over ….its my fissure soundtrack !!
I love that R.E.M video – its amazing, I love R.E.M too Image
Image ….Val we need to find you some good tunes to listen too, that Westlife is no good for the soul !!! ….I BETTER RUN AND HIDE NOW !!!