Surgery/Botox Update !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery/Botox Update !

Postby Corsi » 10 Sep 2008, 01:39

Tabby
If you had Botox your bum will hurt, you can read my thread were I tell about my two Botox injections. I was bruised (blue, green and a lot of other beautiful colors), and swollen. I actually felt a differnt kind of pain after Botox than before (especially the first time). I can still feel that my butt has changed...
Take care dear Image Corsica :truebud:
Image :cat02: :cat02:
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 07:38

My dear Fissy Image Lecia Image Jen Image and Corsi Image
Thank you…I read your comments last night Fiss but felt so osshed to reply back....
My head is up my arse !!! Image
All your words of comfort do help so much !
Lecia this pain feels different, no fissure pain just pain at the 1 -3 o clock area must be from the jab Image the swelling from that area has gone down some today...
Today the pain is coming more from the 6 o clock area where my fissure and tag is, today’s BM was a little better but still sore and very award to clean in that area Image I think I may have irritated it further by cleaning, I am so petrified of infection, I just have to know the area is clean !
So far I don’t feel any looser; I upped my dose of movicol which seemed to help this morning…
I have phoned the hospital and spoke to my surgeon’s receptionist who got back to me about whether I had had the dilation, which I have not, just Botox!
I am not so sure about this Botox I have researched this before and find the stats to be a little inconclusive with a higher rate of fissure reoccurrence and Botox needing to be repeated more than once for higher stats of healing which my surgeon didn’t mention :roll:
I suppose I am still feeling a bit down all this time could be wasted and that frustrates me so much…will I ever be fixed ???

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 08:44

I'm so sorry. It is hard when you get yourself psyched up for one procedure and then they switch game plans right before or during. It seemed so spur of the moment, like here, I have some, should we try it? I don't understand when he felt like A/D would help you and seemed very confident about it. If you want to have A/D do you have to get on a waiting list again?

I think things are going to hurt like the dickens for awhile because you still have your fissure and now you have injections sites that need to heal. It does seem like botox is needed in multiple doses to work for most people. What a pain. But let's just wait and see. We don't know-maybe the botox will loosen things up significantly after you get over the soreness.

What are you doing about the pain? Just try to keep your stress and pain under control. All the studies show that controlling the pain quickens healing, so please don't let youself get to that desperate stage.

You will be fixed. Of that I am sure! :nevergive:

Postby Jo » 10 Sep 2008, 08:53

:sprinkleheart:
Sorry :( Tabby that things don't seem better yet. Others say it takes a few days to take effect. Hoping that it will work for you yet and you can feel some relief. And now you have to deal with the pain Image from the injection.
Image Image Image Image
Hoping you are feeling better so very soon.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Jo
Yes you will be fixed!
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 09:00

Postby Cinderella » 10 Sep 2008, 09:31

Tabby, I have also tried botox. Then I was told that the first impact comes after three days, but the best impact comes after six weeks. So it will take time before the botox is working. I am sure you will feel looser after few weeks. Sorry that english is not my mother tongue...
I really hope that botox will do the trick for you.
Wishing all the best for you!
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby val » 10 Sep 2008, 12:01

:( sorry you're feeling bad today, it must be very confusing and hard to cope with having botox when you were ready for the AD. Maybe its a blessing in disguise that he found it in his fridge at the last minute- you know," everything happens for a reason".
Maybe you will heal with just the one shot - really hope so!

Hope you feel better tomorrow!
Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 12:14

Lecia :truebud: You are so understanding :wub: Thank you !
That wacko cat made me chuckle and your avator too, you look so happy there with Molly Image
That’s exactly how it happened – oh by the way we have some botox in the fridge !!!
Crazy hey ! Image
I wont be seen now for 3 months that will be my next check up, I don’t know if I could get seen faster if this botox doesn’t kick in or doesn’t last as long as it should!
I am taking my painkillers Lecia and valuim too for the toilet times Image I was only ten minutes awake this morning before taking some, figuring it may help prevent any spasm and that worry of OMG- how is it going to feel today.....
Something I am concerned about like I said yesterday was patting my toosh with toilet paper and seeing spots of residue, today I have pin pointed the residue is coming from the tag/fissure area, I think he injected around this area which maybe why ??
I suppose the trauma of the needles could be causing this…I hope so and nothing sinister Image
Gosh Jen and you thought you were a worryier !!!
I need to get a grip…. the pain is better than yesterday and that’s what I should be focusing on....RIGHT !!!
Dear Jo Image
Your huggies mean so much, they make me smile too :D
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers it means the world
:angell:
Cinderella :cinderella:
Your advice definitely makes me feels a little calmer , that is so good to know !
Thank you for taking the time to reply.....
I hope you are feeling better today and i really hope those hemmies go down with time, how unfair as you had been doing so well too !
I will keep you in my prayers....
Take care
Dear Val
:wub: too !
I like that thought ! i shall hold on to that - these things do happen for some reason or another i believe so too Image
Thank you for being here when you are in such bad pain yourself Image Image
Kim Image
Thanks buddy Image

Postby pinky » 10 Sep 2008, 12:59

Hello Tabby,even i had pain after botox.as i told u earlier,botox takes 2-7days to act.after havn botox,i felt no pain due to GA.i was in unbearable pain once the sedation wore off.BM next day was bearable and i didnt go to the toilet the whole day as id eaten nothing except a bit in the evening after botox.i elt so good with no pain except for stinging from botx n was hoping botox would work.the next day it was all back to normal which the usual pain n misery.pain was slightly better than before.i know the pain you are describing n even i had it.i think its from the botox.it is quite painful to have botox injected to the bum and it will hurt for a few days.i waited for 10days but when i saw no improvement i went back to the surgeon.i know how nhs works and its sad that we have to struggle so much to get seen.if u dont see any improvement within a week,u shud go back to ur gp or call his secretary n get an appointment to be seen soon.dont wait too long as things work very slowly in the nhs and u have to let them know u r in pain.
i would advice you not to touch the area for a few days.sit in the bath n take the pain killers.
hope botox works for u.i didnt want to tell u all this before and scare you so i didnt mention anything much.dose of botox needed isnt sure again n more studies need to be done.why r u havn anal dilatation?the risk of incontinence is very high with it and i thought they dont do it frequently in the uk.
relax now and wait for botox to work.as val says,everything happens for a reason.dont think of recurrence now.just get rid of this fissure and then u can take care.
get well soon Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 13:49

Pinky
It rocks to have your support !!!
My surgery was intalliy for A/Dilation but came home with botox !!!
you with me now ! it all changed at the last minute really, but it was my choice to try botox, the A/D did freak me as I understand it is an outdated procedure !
I think you are trying to tell me I shouldn’t be patting that area atall I can understand that and will try and leave well alone now !
If needs be and the botox doesn’t kick in I will take your advice and phone his receptionist, that might get me seen quicker ! good thinking !
Thank you pinky !