Surgery in a few weeks - follow here if interested

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery in a few weeks - follow here if interested

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Apr 2007, 12:06

Hey Lecia, you're as close (maybe closer) to Augusta than you are to Atlanta. Need a second opinion? My CRS is in Augusta and I can give you info if you'd like on their practice. But the drawback here is he's male. You may not be comfortable with that.
And Fletch, do keep us posted after you see your Dr.!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Apr 2007, 12:15

I didn't realize Augusta was closer? It takes us about 2 hours to Atlanta? How far is Augusta do you think? My regular CRS is on a leave of absence so I have to see her partner next week.
Not worried about seeing a guy so much. I got over that about 4 years ago-not that it is something I wanted to get over.
I have a CRS in Colorado that I see when I am in town so I will probably see him when I am there.
Sorry to hijack your thread there, Fletch. Hope you have a peaceful weekend, dude!

Postby Guest » 14 Apr 2007, 16:14

You guys are awesome - hijack away - it's the least I can do for the positive karma.
Feeling a bit better today - really jonesing for a beer! Waiting to get off the percs before I do that - maybe Monday.
Only hurts bad for a while after a BM - I've read it should improve a lot within the next week.

Postby Guest » 14 Apr 2007, 16:44

Glad to hear you are doing better today. That is awesome! Sounds like you are coming along real nicely. Thanks for checking in and hope the rest of your weekend is full of healing!
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Apr 2007, 20:21

Yes, Fletch. The pain from the BM should lessen a bit each day.
Perhaps the extra pain is from the extra work they did?

I understand about the beer! Before I got my fissure, I always had a beer with or around dinner. Call it my nightly glass of "wine." I gave up alcohol during the fissure, man it's nice to be able to enjoy one again! Here's to Monday, then!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 18 Apr 2007, 11:58

Day 11 from surgery - getting much better - stopped all painkillers and replaced with 2 glasses of wine at night! Still sore and a bit tired but went back to work and am slowly getting my life back. Metting my Dr next Tues for follow up - will give you all the report then. In the meantime - just say no to spinals!

Postby Guest » 18 Apr 2007, 12:08

Thanks for the update Fletch, I've been following your progress as I am scheduled for a LIS in 2 weeks.
Glad to hear you are healing well!
Suzy

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Apr 2007, 12:14

You'll feel a little less tired as the days click by! I was really quite weak, as soon as I came off the painkillers. I guess they masked it. In fact, the day after my operation I was so full of the false impression that I had energy, I walked myself out of the hospital to the car. The morphine can fool you....
Kim
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 18 Apr 2007, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 18 Apr 2007, 13:20

Yea for Fletch-sounds like you are over the hump! Congrats!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2007, 11:11

Saw my Dr in a follow up last week - said I was healing nicely. Confirmed that he did the fissurectomy (cut out the fissure) and hemerhoidectomy as well as the LIS. So lots of work done
Feeling much better - pain is pretty much gone. Continuing the fiber regimine and taking 1 tblspn of MOM every night and thats it. Able to hold it much better and bleeding has stopped.
One more follow up in 2 weeks where he has to check everything closer so will report in there - but figure if you are getting the surgery done my timeline is a pretty good one.
Thanks to all for the support!