Surgery in a few weeks - follow here if interested

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery in a few weeks - follow here if interested

Postby Guest » 07 Apr 2007, 12:06

Glad to hear all went well for you! I was very anxious before my surgery also, that just seems like a very tender area for someone to be cutting on doesn't it.

I am sure you will have a great recovery! Just be patient!

Postby Guest » 08 Apr 2007, 08:29

feeling better below the belt but really nauseas (maybe the percs for pain) and no bm yet despite mom/laxes from dr. anyone know how long it should take? ate a good amount.

Postby Guest » 08 Apr 2007, 08:48

Yeah, percocet makes me nauseous too. I threw up after taking 2 after my hemorrhoid surgery.
The day is still early-you may have to go later on. But narcotics can slow it down so I wouldn't worry about it yet. It will come!

Postby Guest » 08 Apr 2007, 14:38

thanx lecia
you were right - switched from percs to tylenol. little more pain but less nausea. had a bm that wasnt too bad,\. worst part is back soreness - not sure if due to spinal or laying down for 48 hrs!
slowly feeling better - hope to guve you the entire story in a day or 2.
peace!!!

Postby Guest » 09 Apr 2007, 02:09

Hey guys -
good news/bad news - good new is I'm having regular BMs and the surgical area is feeling much better.
Bad news - I am having sever pain in my back and my neck to the point where I can't even lay down. Probably from a combo of the spinal and laying down for 2 days. Waiting to speak to a Dr this am.
Anyone have a spinal to let me know if this is normal? May have to go back on the percs for the back pain - not happy about this....

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Apr 2007, 06:02

Probably by now you know what has been causing the back/neck pain. I wouldn't waste anytime calling on that one.
Sorry I haven't been in touch -- my internet went out yesterday and wasn't restored until this morning.
I had reactions to percocets too -- they caused a really bad itch for me..
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 09 Apr 2007, 11:19

Fletch,

I didn't have a spinal and I have been having major back pain. Mine is in my lower back. Where is yours? I asked the nurse at my Dr. office and she said didn't believe this was related to the surgery. But I didn't have it till a day or two after surgery. If you talk to the dr. and find out anything, please let me know.

I had my surgery on 3/27/07 so that is 2 weeks today. My back is still killing me.

Good Luck and Happy Healing

Sheri

Postby Guest » 10 Apr 2007, 10:10

Spoke to anestesiologist - she says that I had a side effect which is essentially a post spinal headache that is centralized in the back/neck area - since I take high Blood pressure meds she said my spinal fluid does not recover as qucikly as most which may have caused the problem. She says it will likely last 5-7 days and stay in bed and on the percs. She claims it will be gone by then
This sucks - I am in terrible pain in my back and it isn't getting any better. I am on day 3 and can't see taking another 4 days of this! Who knows - maybe she is wrong and there is nerve damage or something - I am pissed cause the fissure removal went well and that is the least of my problems!
Back to bed - stay away from the spinals! I would have rather had the GA had I known then what I know now.

Postby Guest » 10 Apr 2007, 10:18

That is too bad! It is a rare complication but I have heard of people getting headaches and backaches afterwards. They really hurt for a time but go away. I am sure you will be just fine in a weeks time. At least you can't tell if your bottom is hurting.
Sorry you are having to go through this complication. Is it your entire back or just the spot where they did the spinal?
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Apr 2007, 10:20

The good and the bad. The bad: Fletch is suffering!!! Hopefully Lecia is right and this is just the spinal side effect.
The good: At least those of us who dole out "advice" on this forum now have a better understanding of the risks of spinals!
Seems like they (the Drs.) could have foreseen the problems given that they must have known you were on blood pressure meds.
Kim
Deleted User 5