Surgery in a few weeks - follow here if interested

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery in a few weeks - follow here if interested

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2007, 11:36

Congratulations on your continued improvement and that your pain is pretty much gone. You must feel like a new man! Are you back to feeling pretty much normal and are you able to do what you want to do now?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Apr 2007, 12:57

Your experience will be in our archives for a loooong time. No doubt it will help many others know what they are in for. I want to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing it faithfully.
In no time you'll be able to eat what you want again, won't that be nice. I think you're probably ready for that beer, as long as it's just one!
Hopefully the Dr. will do like mine and won't actually do any kind of painful exam. The fissure is visible without penetration by fingers or probe, praise be!
Good luck, Fletch!
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 30 Apr 2007, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2007, 13:16

Thanks all - happy to give back because being on the other side the only thing to help the frustration and fear is knowledge - you only get precious seconds with your Dr so forums such as these are invaluable.
Hope people can take some things from my thread: before issues, surgery info, epidural risks/issues and healing info.
I am pretty much eating what I want except I end the day with a big bowl of mini wheats with extra fiber. I also have to admit that I am able to have a beer (even two) without a problem either.
My follow up is not going to be pleasant. Dr said he needs to look inside with an "instrument" to be sure the healing is complete - oh well - I have come this far so one more painful experience will be worth it to end this all!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Apr 2007, 13:37

Well, you had more work done than me. It'll be over with fast! He knows what he's doing!
I would still avoid milk, dairy, cantalopes and such for a while.
Yes, it's nice to be able to have that cold one, isn't it?
Deleted User 5