Cinderella's LIS experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Cinderella's LIS experience

Postby Cinderella » 05 Sep 2008, 04:46

I just came back from hospital. I had LIS this morning and just now I feel great. Image No pain at all, not even any feeling of soreness. I think it is because of the anaesthetics.
Before the surgery I met my CRS and because I had so many doubts he suggested that I should still concider few months if I want to go under the knife. However I decided to have the surgery now and I asked my CRS to cut my sphincter less than normally because I am so scared of incontinence. Image
I also wanted to have the surgery under local anesthesia even my CRS said that he has never done that before. After all it did not worked because my sphincter was too tensed and I was knocked out.
I got only one week sick leave. I will keep you posted about my recovery.
Million thanks for everyone. You really helped me to go through the surgery. Image
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Cinderella's LIS experience

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Sep 2008, 05:57

Do take it easy, though Cindy! I felt great the afternoon of my surgery but it was just all the pain killers I had just took. Once I got home from the hospital and the stronger meds wore off, I was quite sore! For about a week! It would be best if you did little or nothing during your recovery week! Good luck on your first BM!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 05 Sep 2008, 06:47

Yeah, i totally agrre with that! If you were given local anaesthetic then it takes a while to feel any pain. I was asked if i wanted any painkillers after surgery and said no i was fine - then after it wore off it was a real shock!!
My advice would be to get some painkillers in before it wears off as it is easier to stay on top of it rather than get rid of it once it takes hold.

Congrats on getting it done and i really hope that this is the end of all your fissure trauma.Image

Get well soon!

val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 05 Sep 2008, 06:53

Great news! I am so happy you got the surgery. You should feel so much better after you heal. There are still some bumps in the road with healing from the surgery and the fissure will need some time but now you have less pressure down there to interfere with it.

Rest easy and think about the babies to come! Image

Postby Guest » 05 Sep 2008, 13:03

Hi Cinderella
So pleased to hear everything went so quickly and smoothly for you…
Wishing you all the very best for a speedy and complete healing Image
Take good care
xx

Postby Jen » 05 Sep 2008, 13:37

Cinderella -
I am so glad everything went well! I am sure you will recover with zero problems. You are already doing better than I was post op, as I was so sore right away I could barely walk (I also had a hemmie removed).
The first BM is not bad. Let us know how your doing! I am so happy for you - Now hopfully you and I can both finally work on baby #2!!!!!! :)
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Corsi » 05 Sep 2008, 15:05

Good luck so far Cinderella :D
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby pinky » 05 Sep 2008, 16:01

hello cinderella,hope u get well soon.do keep us posted.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Cinderella » 06 Sep 2008, 10:40

Thank you so much for your support.
I have taken paracetamol but I do not really have so much pain. I had first BM this morning and it went well. I did not experience more pain than I have without BM. I just have some soreness that is all.
I am very happy at the moment but it is still too early to say what will be the final result.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Postby Cinderella » 06 Sep 2008, 10:48

One thing more I had a look at my butt and it looks completely normal. I could not see any changes just few little bruises but they are outside anus.
Besides my CRS sutured my wound. He told me that it can be sutured or lef open. I just cannot see any stitches even I know I have them.
Regarding incontinence I have no problem at all. To be honest I wish he had cut more my sphincter because I feel that it is still quite tensed. Honestly I think that the change is very small. Even now I feel that I still have to push when passing gas.
Cinderella
Salt Bather