Surgery/Botox Update !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surgery/Botox Update !

Postby Guest » 08 Sep 2008, 15:30

Hey Here I am buddies……
Ok here goes... I arrived at 8am had a long wait as I was last on the list but I did get to chat to my surgeon twice which was good I asked all questions that had been playing on my mind….
LIS was discussed and he thought as I am young he didnt want to run the risk of incontinence…..Fairplay !
So we agreed on a stretch and possible removal of tag….he then came back half an hour later and said he had found some Botox in the fridge and would I like to try that!!
He explained the ins and outs and I said sure, just do what needs be done, he mentioned gentle stretch too but said he would see !
So they I was at 11.55 in the anaesthetic room my legs were shaking so much !!!
I was told to think of my fave holiday which I did, next thing I knew it was 1pm, the first thing I asked was - is everything OK , to which the lovely nurse replied - yes !
I bounced back pretty quick from the G/A and was wheeled down to the ward, I asked to see my surgeon who had gone!!!
So a junior doctor came and explained what happened – skin tag removal, polyp removal 2 shots of Botox…Great I thought!
I know there were troubles for the doc and nurses to read my surgeons writing!
After the junior doc explained what happened he left my notes beside me which I just had to read and from my surgeon’s crazy handwriting it sure did look like he wrote skin /polyp removal, he had also ticked the sutures box!
The Botox was done twice at 2.5 units!
Just as I was about to leave my surgeon came back to see me, I was pleased to see him, I gave him a smile and asked how things went, I told him I was pleased to have the tags/polyps removed to which he replied - no I haven’t removed them!!!
I was like EH !! he explained he didn’t think the tag or polyp was bothersome and didn’t want to create new wounds, he explained how he preformed the Botox, I cannot remember now exactly what he said maybe similar to - he injected on the outside where my fissure is and inside??? He said this would also help the tag/polyp to shrink , I was a little taken back and spaced out but thanked him nevertheless….
Very confusing and it pickled my head to find a dressing on so I checked pronto when I came home…. my tag is still there, the dressing was obviously fissure trauma !
I am not sure if I have been stretched too he didn’t mention it…..
I am feeling OK, Bitty miffed to what I read esp the sutures tick box…WTF
I didn’t expect him to come back so didn’t have questions ready for him, it’s only after I got home my mind geared up some… but nevermind!
I really liked the guy that still stands, we had a good chat in the morning that I was thankful for !
Before I left he said no more worrying, done and dusted he said see you in 3 months !
I am so relived this part is over….
Many thanks to all your prayers and thoughts today.....
I am very tired now I think the best thing is to sleep !
I will catch up with you all tomorrow, hoping to read some positive news from my dear friends who have had appointments and Juney too !
Love to you all
Tabby
xx
No icons this evening apart form this one ! Image
Last edited by Guest on 24 Sep 2008, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Surgery/Botox Update !

Postby pinky » 08 Sep 2008, 15:47

oh tabby its good news u had botox.it acts slowly between 2-7days for pain relief.so dont get disheartened if u have pain tomorrow.rest well and keep us posted
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Jen » 08 Sep 2008, 16:03

Image TABBY!!!!

You have been on my mind all day. I am glad you are ok hun! Wow - I guess the operation was quite different than you expected. Lets just hope this all works for you. I am sorry you have so many questions unanswered - like if he did the dialation or not! Can you call the nurse for some more information??? are you a little upset that he did not remove your tag???

Ok, at the risk of sounding dumb - whats a polyp??? Are those external?

Let us know how it goes Tabby! I am praying for you! :truebud:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Sep 2008, 16:20

Hey!! Are we groggy yet?? Image
Looks like you got more than you bargained for! Botox! WOW! Lets immobilize that sphincter, shall we...now...let's streeeeeeeeech out that butt!!
Ouch! Image
Hope you are feeling OK, Charl!! What a day! So he thought the polyp was nothing to be concerned about?
So I guess now it's just a matter of recouping and letting the botox kick in and getting used to your enlarged a-hole!!
Well, we are all rooting and cheering loudly, can you hear us?? Let us all know what tomorrow brings and how the first poop goes.
Today is the first day of the rest of your new anus!!! :thinkofyou:
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 08 Sep 2008, 16:44

:D Glad its all over and you're ok. Thats great if the botox can shrink the tag instead of cutting it! I didnt know botox was available in UK!

Hope you feel better tomorrow, get some rest and get well soon!

Image :sprinkleheart: Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 08 Sep 2008, 17:43

I am so glad to hear from you and that you made it through today. You have been on my mind and I pray for your total recovery with no setbacks! I bet the botox will be double insurance that you are all done and dusted and ready to shake that bootie!

Rest easy and like Pinky said, don't be alarmed once the GA wears off and you feel pain. You still need to heal. What did he give you for pain meds?

:heart7:

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Sep 2008, 20:13

OH TABYYYYYYY !!! What a "twist" buddy Image - that is really quiet a story
kitty-cat LOL - and I am so happy that you are home and safe and pain free and that you got the state of the art butt treatment lady :lilmer: - that is just fantastic !!!! I bet you enjoyed you cig like no other LOL Image , what a relief ! Image I hope that Botox will heal your bum-bum in no time and that small discomfort of needle puncture will be gone in a day or two Image ! I suppose they did not do any stretching babe - you will be all swollen and bruised Image - they most probably gave you a "butt lift" Image !!!
Happy healing my Tabby - we prayed too much and "nothing" was done so we would not be in extra pain Image :angell:
See you tomorrow - sweet dreams buddy Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 08 Sep 2008, 20:47

hi tabby,
congratulations on your surgery date!!!
i think it was a good idea that you didn't have the tag removed.
phew!
have a good sleep and may the botox work and help you out.
happy!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Corsi » 09 Sep 2008, 02:48

Tabby dearest Image
A bit confusing, but you can call him can't you? Just to be sure about what he actually did down there?
I think it is OK to try Botox first, because it is less scaring. My CRS seems to be willing to try up to 3 or 4 Botox shots before he will perform LIS on me (I don't say that to scare anybody - remember my manometry showed my external sphincter is weak now).
Hope you slept well Tabby, take care :truebud:
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby val » 09 Sep 2008, 02:59

How are you feeling today, Tabby? Are you ok? Its not very nice once all the anaesthetics wear off but at least you know that will be the worst pain that you have to deal with and then it gets better every day.

Hope you're not too sore, wishing you a very speedy recovery

Image Image Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86