I'm new and in serious pain (probably like most people her!)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I'm new and in serious pain (probably like most people her!)

Postby fedupofpain » 02 Feb 2011, 13:21

Hi everyone,
I just found this forum in another desperate search of the internet for things to fix my fissure. I've had it on and off for about 7 years, but in the last 6 months it's been absolutely AGONY all the time, and hasn't healed at all.
I've just started using Anoheal but it seems to be causing more pain (intense dull ache and throbbing, and the feeling that something will rupture when I stand up or cough or sneeze). Has anyone else found this? Most stuff I read says there are "no side-effects", though I've not had this kind of permanent pain before. I'm also on an NHS waiting list to have a botox injection. Has anyone had this? Did you have any side-effects of that? I work in a quiet office and am really scared I'm going to have embarrassing side-effects - the doctor said I "might have problems controlling wind"! Really scared!
Then again, like everyone on this forum, I'm desperate to fix this as it makes me miserable every day and my whole day revolves around pain and terror of going to the loo :(
Look forward to reading about all your experiences on this horrid horrid condition!
fedupofpain

Topics: 1

Re: I'm new and in serious pain (probably like most people her!)

Postby StevePain » 02 Feb 2011, 14:13

Hi fedup,
I see you've had your fissure for 7 years, that's a long time to put up with the misery and pain, I only had mine for 2 years and had surgery.
With regards to the Anoheal, I had severe itching from using it and had to stop, it also caused a really bad burning sensation adding to the misery of the fissure pain, I only use Rectogesic now which side effects are thumping headaches, it's the lesser of the two evils for me since the itching reaction from Anoheal drove me nuts and hurt.
I'm surprised they're giving you botox instead of LIS, I wasn't offered botox just LIS and Fissurectomy, looking back I wish I'd of been offered botox instead!
I wouldn't worry too much about controlling wind, it's a small price to pay and not everyone has that problem.
You'll find plenty of advice on here regarding fissures and diet etc, good luck!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bobcat » 03 Feb 2011, 00:29

Hi Fedup
I use Anoheal, and haven't had any problems with it, other than the fact that at first, I didn't think it was doing anything! But using it regularly morning and night, and taking hot baths etc seemed to help and healing began. I don't have any wind controlling issues (until my IBS kicks in! haha)
I can't use Rectogesic as I suffer from chronic migraine, but it might be worth asking your doctor about it.
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby StevePain » 03 Feb 2011, 04:25

Hey Bobcat, do you take anything for your IBS? My GP prescribed Fybogel with Mebeverine which helps with painful cramps, I find it works quite well plus it's a natural fibre drink that bulks up stool.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bobcat » 03 Feb 2011, 04:43

Hi Steve
No I don't really take anything for my IBS, apart from anti-spasmodics as and when. I don't have a problem with constipation, I have a problem with overloading fibre, and unfortunately for me, things like oats really cause a problem with pain and bloating! It seems anything that's good for me makes me ill at times! I'm off to buy some dairy free milk and spread!!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby evie » 03 Feb 2011, 16:33

hi fedup just to say i had botox 2 weeks ago and it has worked for me, and yes i do have bad wind but to be honest as long as i dont have that horriffic pain any more its a small price to pay, before i had it done i was given rectogesic cream and i thought my head was going to blow up [seriously]! if and when you do have botox just make sure you stick to your high fibre diet and plenty of fluid and iam sure you will be great!! i feel normal now its like a new life and i dont have to worry when i have a b.m now but i know i will always have to eat high fibre so that my bowels keep smooth "if you know what i mean" so go for it there are no side effects other than wind which iam sure comes from the fibre diet and not botox. good luck and let me know how you get on. xx
evie
Fibre Addict

Postby Miserable » 16 Mar 2011, 16:11

Hi Bobcat
Be interested to hear how long it took for the anuheal to kick in? Ive been using it for 3 weeks now with no improvement. Cant remember what a pain free day is like any more
Miserable
Fibre Addict