Change in pain and schedule

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Change in pain and schedule

Postby CrackinUp » 04 Mar 2013, 03:13

I'm now almost 5 weeks in since the tear and doing much better.
This weekend I had a bad day, with 2 BMs (ate healthy but at someone else's house) and whilst the first one was as normal the second burned and caused quite a bit of pain afterwards... only this was very different pain.
Today I went as usual, however started having spasms around 30 minutes after the BM (I'm normally 2-3 hours afterwards!). I could feel the muscle was very tight but I'm not in the same pain anymore. There's no sharp, knife like pains. Instead it feels like there is pressure down there and the Nitro has helped to relieve this (although I'm still aware of something down there).
Has anyone been through this change? Do you think it means my tear has healed but my body is locked into some kind of spasm cycle? Is this likely to stop as it heals some more? I've read on here that sometimes your body doesn't stop the spasms and I'm worried I might fit into that box too!
Thanks all :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Re: Change in pain and schedule

Postby CrackinUp » 04 Mar 2013, 05:15

I'm actually finding this quite difficult to cope with today as it's different, and not what I'm used to. Hate it when things change unexpected as you start to panic! Image
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrackinUp » 04 Mar 2013, 07:10

I'm still having this new pain 6 hours after this morning's BM. It's the charlie horse pain everyone describes. If anyone has any idea what this might mean for me, if anything, I would like to hear.
Something tells me I'm going to have to book LIS to fix my backside once and for all!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 04 Mar 2013, 07:16

I have a deep dull pain too sometime, along with a feeling of fullness. I dont think its a spasm. Rather a hem that swells up.
I assume the sharp pain and burning are from the fissure, and spasms.
Could it be its just a hem playing tricks with you?
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby CrackinUp » 04 Mar 2013, 07:27

It could well be... what sort of things trigger your hem? And yes it does feel like there might be more BM stuck there or something. Like a pressure kind of feeling. Breaking wind seems to relieve it very temporarily!! I actually wish I had something to make that happen more often Image
I presume your hem also aches very soon after the BM? Can it last as long as 6 hours though?
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 04 Mar 2013, 07:45

Hi crackin, I had a hem, but it never bothered me until I got to the CRS and he told me he was banding it there and then!
It sounds to me like the Fissure. Mine feels like there is something stuck, almost numb? But painful! Weird!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby marg6043 » 04 Mar 2013, 07:55

CrackinUp you read like my book of symptom during the months following the freshly opened fissure.
Yes, it gets better, to the point that you get to have the time to analyze the type of spams you have, because they are there but not as bad.
I used to sit on my bum and get to feel the different grades of pain, spams and whatever else the area was doing and like that I knew I was getting better.
Now it takes time it took me 4 month before I was better with the spams and free of discomfort 6 months to have a big retear during my nov. Doctor's app.
But remember is always times when things are not going well and those starts to get milder and milder.
The way you are going and taking care of the fissure healing, you may be out of the bad stage in not time at all, no the 4 to 6 months It took me.
Hang in there.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby marg6043 » 04 Mar 2013, 07:59

CrackinUp wrote:I'm actually finding this quite difficult to cope with today as it's different, and not what I'm used to. Hate it when things change unexpected as you start to panic! Image

Don't feel discouraged, it happens but I keep myself busy during that time with exercises and remodeling my living room.
When days were that bad I just took pain killers also.
Now if by any means you think surgery will help you go for it.
I wanted sometimes surgery swouldI whould have run to the doctor right there and then and get it over.
But something always in the back of my mind will tell me to wait.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby CrackinUp » 04 Mar 2013, 08:13

Thanks everyone :)
Lying down on my side seems to ease the pain, then if I sit up at my chair again it returns. A nice hot bath helped whilst I was in there and my heat pad seems to provide a little relief.
I'll take it over the horrendous spasm pain I had originally, but I am disappointed as it's disrupting my day and I was managing to have completely pain free days. So strange. Although I was a little constipated this morning due to a salty meal we had. I had salmon, but it tasted very salty. I was so lucky not to re-tear / bleed but there was no pain during the BM. Having said that I think I'll eat at home from now on! Image
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 04 Mar 2013, 08:36

CrackinUp have you talk to your doctor about surgery? what he said, also when is your next app, I have one in June and depending how my fissure is doing I think I want to have the area fully inspected under anesthesia to check if is healing or I am wasting my time.
I am aware that sometimes fissure will not heal on their own, mine is not gone by any means but is just more manageable to deal with.
marg6043
King Fissure