Failed botox? Need advice on what to do

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Failed botox? Need advice on what to do

Postby Worrier12345 » 07 Jul 2014, 10:50

I really would appreciate any advice you guys and girls can offer me.

I was diagnosed with an anterior fissure in early 2013. It has never caused me a huge amount of pain, just stinging/soreness and bleeding during and after a BM. This has been on and off over the months, I tried all the creams/diet etc until I had botox 7 weeks ago.

Here's where I am now: I eat healthily (no red meat, plenty of veg), drink lots of water, take 1 sachet of movicol each night, use GTN twice a day, am very careful with hygiene. However, I'm still having bleeding with bowel movements every few days - which is pretty much how it's been since I was diagnosed.

My question now is what do I do? Do I just live a fissure that doesn't cause me too much pain? Do I continue my strict routine of diet/medication etc? Do I go back to the docs and push for more botox/LIS? Is LIS even worth the risk if I'm not in pain? Can I continue to have a fissure for the rest of my life and it not get any worse? Should I just try to forget about it and see if my life can go back to how it used to be before I changed my lifestyle in order to heal this damned thing?

I feel a bit lost as to what to do. My symptoms aren't nearly as severe as they are for many of the people on here, but I have let this fissure take a great toll on my life. Should I just accept that I have a mild, chronic fissure that will probably always be there and try not to let it take over my life, or should I push to heal it once and for all.

If you can understand what I'm getting at with this self-indulgent rant I would really appreciate what you guys have to say.

I wish you all luck and thank you in advance for any advice you can offer me.
Worrier12345
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Failed botox? Need advice on what to do

Postby Apes » 07 Jul 2014, 13:53

Bleeding is never good. Have you gone back to the CRS for an exam. Did he see the fissure. The bleeding may not be the fissure. Do you have any other fissure symptoms? If so has the pain gotten better since the Botox? I would stick to a strict diet, you don't want to make seems worse.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Re: Failed botox? Need advice on what to do

Postby Asore Arseagain » 09 Jul 2014, 03:16

Hi

7 weeks is early days re the fissure healing. But i would get the bleeding checked out....? Is this related to the fissure or something else?? I had a fissure ( never any bleeding) and botox worked for me. I was in a lot of pain with my fissure. If its not causing you pain, then you can live with it and fissures can heal by themselves in time, especially since you've just had the botox ....give it time, just make sure you have soft stools. But get the bleeding checked out. Hope that helps AA
Asore Arseagain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6