Want my life back :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Want my life back :-(

Postby owmybum » 25 Apr 2013, 14:29

Sorry to hear you have ended up with an ulcer JHH.
They are often brought on by stress.
I hope you can take some steps to reduce the stress in your life.... I know, easier said than done.!!
I hope the meds work for you tonight and you can get a good nights sleep.
Omb
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Ever the Optimist » 26 Apr 2013, 14:09

Thanks JHH,
I was due a GP appointment today but had to cancel due to other commitments I'd totally forgotten about! I'm still going to go checked though.
The only difference for me I think is that I'm not getting the reflux stuff going on and the stomach pain only occurs pre BM's and then goes, so I'm not sure it is an ulcer? I do think it's a reaction to stress though, which I'm guessing played a role in the development of your ulcer maybe? -
So, yes I am going to get it checked anyway because I could be prime candidate for developing something like that for sure!! especially with all those similar symptoms going on....Thanks for messaging me to read this. Much appreciated and hoping you get your ulcer sorted soon - One's things for sure, it'll probably clear up more quickly than the fissure! Thanks again :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby JHH » 29 Apr 2013, 04:53

Im not having acid reflux, more like burbing.
Anyway, I just tested positive for helicobactor polyri, and have to start antibiotics.
I hope you figure out your problem too!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby JHH » 29 Apr 2013, 11:32

Day 70 on nitro (10 freaking weeks now)
Might as well make a small update on my backside.
The last 2-3 days have been some of the best in 3 months.
Im going in for botox in about two weeks, and ironically, now Im suddently getting improvements.
Im going to watch closely for another week, and if it continues to improve, Im going to postpone my time for botox, to give it a chance to heal natural.
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby JHH » 02 May 2013, 03:18

Things went south again. Had formed BM yesterday and two BMs today. Spasms has returned Image
I am totally to blame, since I had burger and french fries monday. Things were better so I thought I was superman...
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby Rachael 1984 » 02 May 2013, 07:12

Sorry JHH you have had a setback. Isn't it sooo annoying when we can't just eat what we want and enjoy the foods we like to be naughty with! I think you should go for the Botox. It could be just what you need to heal. Hope you improve again soon...
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby hendrick181 » 09 May 2013, 21:13

JHH i have been where u are probably 40-50 times now... Botox has definitely helped give me relief but not enuf to let this SOB heal..... No matter how goid u feel, still get the botox... With me and it seems like alot of others, will have a great 3-4days and then back to square 1..... Mine is considered chronic since its been this long and your soon will be too which means it is more difficult to heal... I would do anything to cure this forever. It has taken over my life and it has changed who i am.... Please dont let it get this bad...get the botox...
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby JHH » 10 May 2013, 01:37

Day 81 on nitro
Thanks guys for your concern and help. Since my last post things improved again. Yesterday, I had my best day in 3.5 months. No paIn, only mild discomfort, and this was even with 2 BMs.
Right now, I feel most for postponing my botox for say 14 days, but I think I will decide monday. I would hate to have it ripped open by getting botox, if I'm truly about to heal this time...
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby Ever the Optimist » 10 May 2013, 02:16

JHH,
It always seems to work that way - You have a booking with the CRS and suddenly things start feeling better!!! and this throws everyone again.
You do sound like you are healing, especially since you are having some very good days - but if you have the Botox booked, go for it. If you are healing OK, it can only help in my opinion and enhance that healing process. I'm sure your CRS will take great care not to aggravate the fissure in any way during the process. I think you still have had too many ups & downs during your healing to dismiss this as an option. Unfortunately, a healing fissure does have lots of ups and downs and at your stage, it's difficult to ascertain which way it's all going to go - only your CRS can give you a clearer view on that, so I would say you definitely need the appointment anyway to get it checked.
If you're still uncertain about having the procedure, make sure you see your CRS anyway to get an assessment and based on their opinion, you could then make your decision then? You can change your mind if you want to, so don't feel forced into anything.......Oh & please steer clear of those burgers and fries!!! They will NOT be helping you in any way at this stage!!!....
I hope your ulcer is better now too. My symptoms dramatically calmed down a few days later, which has totally reaffirmed my thoughts of an IBS flare-up. I do need to keep a check on this though because it is something that can certainly lead to stomach ulcers & the likes! Do you know the cause of your ulcer???.......Was it diet-related or stress related in anyway????
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby JHH » 12 May 2013, 13:20

Day 83 on nitro
Im doing better! A week ago, I found this study, and was amazed by the 100% healing rate:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22983551
I googled, and found the product:
http://www.medintim.de/man-constipation-colorec-premium-toilet-seat/
I figured, it made good sense, so why not try the poor mans version. A gloved finger to support the area. Yes its a little troublesome while squatting, but its getting easier with some pratice :D
Anyway, almost instantly, I noticed a difference in the way the BM felt. That awareness/pain during BM in the fissure site which I think was cause by small retears, seems to descrease, and have now gone completly for the last couple of days. Yes, Im having completly painfree BMs at the moment. Also the post BM pain have been better. Im so close to painfree, that it hardly barthers me at all.
Regarding botox, then Im calling them tomorrow. Either I want it postponed, or I want to be examined before the procedure. Either way, I think Im about to heal natually finally.
Unfortunally my stomack pain hasnt gotten better. I came of penicillin a few days ago, but still havnt seen any improvement. It seems like my fissure trouble is about to be replaced by stomack trouble...
Will update in a day or two!
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH