What causes them ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What causes them ?

Postby Jen » 11 Mar 2008, 21:55

JA,
How is the Nitro working? I have been using my nifedipen for a month and I am just now starting to really notice a big difference!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Sorerumpie » 11 Mar 2008, 22:54

Iamtiredofthis ,
I have been using the Nitro religiously for about a week or so - and I do notice a big difference. I stopped yesterday just for a break and noticed alot more discomfort so I've started again.
Something has been bothering my vision - wondering if it is the Nitro. I'm going to look into that before I continue forever with the Nitro. I do Stiz baths about three times each day as well with occasional Aloe cream afterwards.
One would think I have an Anal Fixation with all the time spent fussing with the butt............... !!!!
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sorerumpie » 11 Mar 2008, 22:59

Fissulyna , Thanks again much ........... Yea, very good idea shopping for real experienced surgeon before doing the LIS.
After talking with the doc today I'm going to give it another month or so , try a vaca in Mexico then do another Botox .
Daily scuba diving in salt water should help like last vaca did. I'm just a bit paranoid of the thought of being trapped in an airplane seat for 6 hours each way .
I'm hoping the doc will do the botox in the office - rather than anesthetic and huge hospital fees again - we'll see ..............
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Mar 2008, 12:31

I wish you safe trip and great time on your vacation : ))) !!! Just take some pain meds before you board the plane (Ibuprofen or even Tylenol worked for me), and you will be fine ; ) ! Keep yourself hydrated in the plain and don't drink anything alcoholic until you are fully situated and on your "fissure routine" again. Don't be tempted to eat spicy food ; ))), and try to give your butt some sun too ( I am sure you will be able to find secluded spot for that ; ). Sunshine will improve circulation and UV kills all bad "bugs", so yeah ; ) - just be careful not to get sunburn ! Salt water should definitely help but don't forget nice warm baths either. Try to avoid getting diarrhea in Mexico, I hope you have been there before and know what to do and not to do.
And no, LOL, you do not have anal fixation, ha ha ha, I know that
it feels ridiculous to spend so much time and effort for such a little "hole" - but that little spot does rule ones life, unfortunately, and we have to show it deserved respect after so many years of neglect LOL !
Once more, have a GREAT trip and may you return almost healed and with strong resolution to beat this thing !!! You can do it, and you will !!!
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 12 Mar 2008, 22:41

JA,
That is so crazy about your vision! I never thought about it until you said something, but around the time I started the nifedipen (a month ago), my vision was kind of blurry. Not really bad - it just seamed like I need a stronger pair of glasses. I must have been sort of concerned because I have an eye appointment for Tuesday! The problem has got better, but I still plan on going to the eye appointment.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Sorerumpie » 13 Mar 2008, 23:44

Jen, Yea, I think there's something to that - vision blurred and irritated eyes . It seems to come and go but the blurred vision can be a little alarming sometimes.
Let me know what your doc sais about it ok ?
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist