What causes them ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What causes them ?

Postby Sorerumpie » 09 Mar 2008, 14:24

So far, I really haven't had a doctor suggest what might be the actual real cause of anal fissures - other than hard stool or somethign sharp in stool.
Then there's anal sex - which would definitely explain the problem.
But let's suggest that some of us don't typically have hard stool with sharp objects eminating from them, and don't have anal sex.
Has anyone heard of some other "sound reasoning" why one gets anal fissures ?????
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: What causes them ?

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Mar 2008, 14:33

See my answer to your previous post ; )) !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 09 Mar 2008, 15:43

I got mine from childbirth. Mine is between my bum and vaginal area, which is common for childbirth fissures. From what I read, most other fissures occur south of the anus, towards the back.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Mar 2008, 16:43

Most fissures are IN the anus - 6 and 12 o'clock position. About 90 % is in posterior position (toward the tail). Mine was in 6 o'clock (like yours) and I got it 14 years after my last baby. There is a theory that childbirth permanently makes that area more susceptible for fissures due to trauma induced during delivery and that is why fissures in that position are find almost exclusively in women.
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 09 Mar 2008, 17:44

That sucks! I am so getting a C-section next time!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Sorerumpie » 09 Mar 2008, 18:14

I'm talking the 6oclock position here too ! I haven't had any children ( man ) so , asside from where we all get them and pregnancy , what other reasoning is there to be so lucky ??
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jen » 09 Mar 2008, 21:27

I'm confused...is the 6 oclock position between the bum and genitals? I guess it could be 6 or 12, depending what direction your looking at it.
I don't know why we are so unlucky...it really sucks. The thing that sucks is you can't talk to anyone about it. I have told a few people and they don't even understand.
I used to have a BM every 3-4 or 5 days...now I go everyday. Although, I never considered myself constipated when I would go once or twice a week...it was alot harder to pass than my current everyday BM's. I think this may have contributed (along with childbirth) to my fissure.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Mar 2008, 23:40

Hey JA ; ),
Are you sure it is oriented toward your genitals ? Did doctor confirmed the position ? I am asking because my CRS told me that nerves in the anus are so numerous and interwoven that people often think that fissure is in one position only to find out after examination that it is on opposite side.
When I got mine, I had a feeling that it is on the left side ! After exam it was confirmed that it is in typical middle 6 o'clock position !!!??? Now, If you truly have 6 position, don't be so concerned - it happens to man too - it does not mean anything, they heal same rate as other kind ; ) ! As my CRS told to me - "you are just special " : ))) !!!
Yes, it is not specifically sign of "good luck" to get a fissure, but hey - there are many worse things that happen to people so if this was the "worst" that would hit us - than let it be !!! : )))
Love to all !!!![/url]
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Sorerumpie » 10 Mar 2008, 00:38

6 Oclock is the rear behind area to me ( not near the genitals )
If that were the case it might be healed up by now - by not sitting on it .
No, this isn't the worse thing that could happen - but today as I was walking the neighborhoods I was thinking what a persistant pain in the ass this thing is - almost four months now and not anywhere healed up yet. I made air reservations for Mexico for next month - but in all likelihood it may not work out if I can't sit in a plane seat . Hey maybe I could bring my donut on board !!!!!@#$%^&*()_ Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 10 Mar 2008, 09:30

you could totally bring your donut on board as well as a heavy pain killer to knock you out for most of the fligth!