Work?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Work?

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2009, 10:37

haha, me too! Love th job, not the butt :)
Are you feeling any better?

Postby Buck » 28 Jul 2009, 11:04

Thanks for asking. Back and forth. I've been on a veggie only (the garden is producing in full force) diet and trying to ween off the everday pills, drinks, etc. (ibuprofen, Mirilax) and I think it back-fired. I'm just sick of the routine and trying to get back to normal to see if I can do this on my own. I think my immediate answer is no. I just need to find my balance. I can say my attitude has improved since my initial posts and that really makes a difference. I've also started walking once or twice a day for about 30 minutes. I've noticed that helps for some reason. The first 5 min or so are a little uncomfortable, but after that I'm cruisin' and feeling good (or better). Take care!
Buck
Buck
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2009, 11:10

Walking helps me too. Another girl, Tabby, told me to start walking and she was right, it helped! Plus, it gets you out of the house...

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jul 2009, 11:12

It was strange, when I had my fissure, I was compelled to walk while I had the spasms. I really don't know why, unless it was my way of coping with the pain.
Good to hear from you, Buck!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2009, 11:10

How are ya today Buck? How's work?

Postby Buck » 29 Jul 2009, 12:17

Things are going well, thanks. You really are a nice bunch. Yesterday was tuff and today seems to be better. I'm staying out of the field this week and catching up on computer work so I can take it easy. I just had to bail out on a dive survey that I was looking forward to. I'm just not comfortable with getting my butt wet with funky river water quite yet, plus my CRS told me to keep out of the rivers to avoid infections. I have to snorkel and dive quite a bit for work, so it sucks to tell everyone I can't do it. I've spent a lot time in waders and canoes as opposed to wet suits and snorkels this summer trying to heal this back-end of mine. At least I'm still outside.
Something I realized this week that makes me very, very, very sad. I think Beer may be contributing to my stomach/butt issues. Say it isn't true God!!!! I love beer..... I'm an avid homebrewer, seek out beer clubs and festivals, and in general just love beer (did I say that already). I'm a one or two beers a day person, so I don't over indulge, but I usually manage to have one with dinner every night. I've been on a hiatus of just a week and I've noticed a change in my poo poo "habits", and for the better. Why can't it be cabbage, or beets....... why beer!
I'm sick of experimenting with my body, but I really need to test my beer theory. i'm going to maintain my current diet without beer for another week or so and see how I do. I then may try my brand new, fresh in the keg Pale Ale I brewed (with homegrown hops from my garden, yummy), and see what happens. If I hurt (i.e., have a rough morning) I may have to pray and ask for forgiveness since I have surely done something wrong in life, and then give up my favorite barley beverage. At least until I'm healed.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Buck
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Jul 2009, 13:33

That is super that you can take a week at the computer and give your tail a break. Your job sounds awesome, though, need any help? Image
I drink a beer each night with my meal, too. Wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe it is just a coincidence you are feeling better? But it is great you have had some improvement! You sure needed it! Let us know how your beer hypothesis tests out!
Is that you and your little tyke there? That is a wonderful photo, you both look like your having so much fun! Thanks for sharing it, Buck!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2009, 13:37

AW that is so cute!

Postby Buck » 29 Jul 2009, 14:09

Yep. That's my 1.5 year old. I also have a 4 year old girl. They keep us busy.
Kim, I'm really hoping it's just a coincidence. There are so many factors involved you hate to jump to any conclusions, especially if the outcome is giving up beer:( . It sure is hard not to analyze everything about my diet. I'm sure we have all done this. Who knows, maybe this whole experience will make me a much healthier person in the long run.
Buck
Buck
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2009, 14:12

I think a beer or two a day should be fine. I'm with Kim!