3 years post-fissure: permanent pain but no fissure?

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Re: 3 years post-fissure: permanent pain but no fissure?

Postby Hazey123 » 11 Jul 2023, 10:02

Hey Kamard
Well it’s been very up and down for me despite very diligent dilation twice a day nearly every day. It’s boring gross and I hate it. But I hate my fissure more… I am away with my family for a week and feeling so much better. However I’m not holding my breath as I know it will get worse again. Lying down helps a lot. So some time on a sun lounger is a big help. I also think I’ve been eating too much fibre previously. Too much food and fibre makes a bigger BM. I’ve eaten some sushi here (and raw fish etc) not much carbs and a bit of salad. Smaller and less painful BMs so far. Likely will all change tomorrow and I’ll be sobbing on my sun lounger. I did have a hard BM after the flight despite drinking gallons of water but I managed ok. I wonder if the dilation is finally paying off. I started dilating mid April… I hardly dare hope I’m improving but I’m defo no where near in as much pain. Still taking miralax/Movicol in small doses and adjusting it according to my BMs (so so variable) are you dilating Kamard?
AF following skin tag surgery Feb 2022
GTN ointment
sigmoidoscopy & EUA Sept 2022 no fissure found
2nd opinion Jan 2023 fissure diagnosed, diltiazem - allergic
recommended Botox Fissurectomy
3rd opinion - dilation 2x per day plus GTN ….
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby kamard2300 » 11 Jul 2023, 10:30

Hello hazey . I believe you are canadien? Me too I live in Canada
I am working right now but I Will reply to you properly when i finish my job
I believe maybe i am putting tension in muscles around my anus and i try hard to relax.. i dont know how to control it if thats the root of my pain and I dont even know if it is and if it is then im at fault here? How overcome something are we even able to control ?
kamard2300
Salt Bather

Postby Fred55 » 11 Jul 2023, 23:25

I'm still the same! For me it's a sitting pain. I'm not sure if BMs even hurt me much except straining due to tightness, but it's sitting that gives me a gradually increasing pain. I'm pain-free when asleep and when waking up in the morning.
A complex ailment that started close to 2 years ago and changed my life. The worst is I don't even know what the cause is and all the tests didn't reveal anything. I'm depressed and despite lots of potentials, am almost unable to engage in regular life activities the way I used to be. Sorry for my pessimism!
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Hazey123 » 12 Jul 2023, 04:28

Hello Kamard I’m actually British:) I think the pain itself causes the muscles to tighten which causes more pain and so it continues. This is the reason my CRS says dilation for me as the sessions force me to relax while I do it. He says I need to actively relax my internal muscles while I dilate so I guess I’m being made to relax for ten minutes twice a day. By breathing and relaxing you can do this without dilation - actually my CRS said to squeeze internally first then release so you know how the relaxed state actually feels. Goodness knows if this will work but as I said I’m better than I was….
Don’t apologise Fred55 for pessimism it’s terrible to be in pain every day all day. I know how bad it feels. It takes away all pleasure it seems as it’s with you constantly. How did yours start if I may ask? I think you have suffered for roughly the same amount of time as me. Altho no active fissure I wonder if it’s the tension and spasms internally which cause the pain. Lying down and sleeping im totally pain free also. As the day progresses the pain builds up for me. Altho I’m actually sitting at dinner on holiday this week and forgetting about it intermittently. Last summer I could hardly sit at dinner on holiday (and I remember crying on my last night and feeling this had even ruined a lovely holiday) so things are improving. Albeit SO slowly. I wish you all a better pain day xx
AF following skin tag surgery Feb 2022
GTN ointment
sigmoidoscopy & EUA Sept 2022 no fissure found
2nd opinion Jan 2023 fissure diagnosed, diltiazem - allergic
recommended Botox Fissurectomy
3rd opinion - dilation 2x per day plus GTN ….
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Fred55 » 12 Jul 2023, 09:03

Hazey123 you're so Kind! My "journey" started early 2022 with a hard BM and classic AF symptoms afterwards. I had a colonoscopy 3 months later which didn't find anything, just speculated I might've had an AF which was healed. Eversince, I never had intense pains or spasms, rarely saw blood, but this muscle pain that's triggered by sitting is killing me! I'm also super tight! I might be prone to this ailment. Around 16 years ago I was dealing with burning sensation and blood in stool but again no AF or anything. Was diagnosed "Anusitis" and told to watch my diet. That case cleared after few months. I've always had minor IBS and lower back. This time around, the nature of my pronlem changed as I have minor burninng but this sitting pain is totally new and is my major complaint. I believe I've messed up my pelvis muscles maybe by bad sitting posture. They have mind of their own! I'm sure my IS cannot relax and I sometimes feel I get incomplete defacation.
Anyway, It's what it is! I hope your dilatation plan works out well. I might pursue it myself at some point. We certainly need to overcome the psychological barriers first and work on out mental state. Things like meditation and breathing practice can help.
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby kamard2300 » 12 Jul 2023, 10:38

Hello fred55 I totally understand you.
Im reading about wise anderson protocol .
Its expensive. But doctor had the same pain we had over 22 years.
Yersterday I spoke with a guy who also had AF then surgery and then pain like us that lasted à decade but then hé was able to get cured with the relaxation technique and i think something similar to dilatation
Me too it started early 2022
The relaxation they talk about is like 2 to 4 hors per day relaxing!!
The castastrophic thinking (fear it Will never pass) is also à key.. we need to stop thinking like that and praticing relaxation à good amont of time per day. I think we need to work on this or we May have it longtime. I dont know
kamard2300
Salt Bather

Postby Fred55 » 12 Jul 2023, 15:54

kamard2300, I'm from Canada too. How did your journey start? What's your current situation if i may ask? There's this rudd clinic in Toronto I've heard they're specialized in this area. I don't know about you but I have hard time finding CRSs with track record in this field.
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby kamard2300 » 12 Jul 2023, 16:11

Hello fred55,
Im from Québec/ Canada
I gave up on traditional Medicine because they would just hurt me more and I think the cream and then ligation treatments they made on me just made me feel worse and worse and worse... health in Canada its not easy now imagine if there is no visible scar.. they wont take me serions
What is the name of that clinic ?
Mine started with anal fissure May last year it opened big time but was healed à few months later now i dont know what I have i seriously dont know haha same as you . Its lkke beneath the skin its like inside or muscular because the skin is okay... i really think we should do relaxation techniques at least one hour every day. Do u speak french? Im better in french
kamard2300
Salt Bather

Postby kamard2300 » 12 Jul 2023, 16:14

I forgot to tell my crurent situation
Its the same as you. I feel something very weong down there. I feel pain sitting. Im bot confortable and fissure already is healed
kamard2300
Salt Bather

Postby Fred55 » 12 Jul 2023, 17:36

Unfortunately I don't know French. The name of the clinic is Rudd. What kind of surgery you had? Yes , sitting pain is my major problem too. Being a male I want to check my prostate too but 2 scans and other tests show it's normal. I'm inclined to believe it's messed up pelvic floor. How it happened in the first place, and how i can retrieve my original butt setting is beyond me! Lol
Fred55
Salt Bather