Afraid and needing support

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Afraid and needing support

Postby missy moo » 09 Apr 2019, 14:21

Abu yes I found the videos very interesting actually I've watched a few of their other videos that they've posted and a lot of them are very eye-opening.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby owmybum » 10 Apr 2019, 05:36

Thanks guys.
Missy, I’ve bought some chamomile tea and had a few cups.
I’m sorry you are in the predicament you are with the diazepam. Maybe you need to think about changing drs if you feel he would look down on you or try to change things. It sounds like you need a kinder more compassionate person.

Abu, I can only pray you are right and some healing starts to happen before I go.

I’m sure I’ll be back plenty of times before I go needing a lift in spirits, I thank god for this site! It’s got me through desperate times before... and is doing so again.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby missy moo » 10 Apr 2019, 06:08

Abu so last night I had vegetable bake for dinner it was Kumara/sweet potato courgette pumpkin carrot broccoli mushrooms almond milk and some ground almonds tapioca flour for the sauce. So my bowle movements this morning was soft then I didn't have my normal midday bowle movement which set off red flags and then at 8 p.m. i had a hard bowel movement I knew something was wrong when I missed my 2nd bm but I don't know which part of that dinner is the culprit? is it from all of the starchy vegetables like sweet potatoes? Broccoli I know can cause digestion upset? mushrooms another digestion upset? Or tapioca flour? Which is gluten free. Or could it of been the ground almonds I use to thicken the sauce?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 10 Apr 2019, 07:24

Hi Missy. First things first. How sure are you that the last BM was from yesterday food? Did you ever counted the time it takes to have a complete digestion and transit? I did this by eating something which colored my stool. You need to be sure. Second, if you are sure the last hard BM was from the foods you mentioned, all I can say is I would suspect the fiber in ground almonds or tapioca flour. If you want to be sure you need to take the chance and try it again, but without the almonds or tapioca flour. Fiber is the only issue for you since you go twice a day already.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby owmybum » 10 Apr 2019, 09:21

Missy, I would say the sweet potato. It has caused me issues before and is very fibrous.... then again it could be down to hormones, how much water you drank.... it’s a nightmare trying to find a culprit.
I hope you haven’t done any more damage xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby missy moo » 11 Apr 2019, 03:32

Abu I'm only guessing it was dinner because my breakfast and lunch is the same as every other day and my breakfast and lunch don't seem to cause problems, I was thinking the sweet potato because it's high fibre and suger the flour is a new one to my system so it could be that or the ground almond I'm doing a food diary so I'll sooner find out what's doing what, and as for the 2-3 bowel movements per day after meals that's thanks to the magnesium and vitamin C that I take every night. I've also switch the morning celery juice for warm lemon water no more coffee or tea which I don't mind at all I don't miss them and it's nice not having that coffee craving first thing in the morning. I'll skip using the tapioca flour and ground almond from now on I don't need them anyway but I like sweet potato so it's only a matter of time before I have them again and then I'll know. Owmybum yes I think it mite be the sweet potato all the tapioca flour
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 11 Apr 2019, 11:06

Sounds like a good plan Missy. Do not eat all three the same day, try only sweet potato and see how you feel afterwards. If no issues in 2-3 days you can then try one of the other two and see how it goes.
Be carefull with eating the same foods repetitively, you need variety Missy even if you like them.
Take care.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby SueMac » 11 Apr 2019, 13:10

Hope you find the culprit missy. It’s such a minefield.i never used to give much thought to what I ate before this just healthy or unhealthy.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 11 Apr 2019, 14:05

Abu I have a smoothie every morning with kiwi fruit Berry's and banana with a half cup of coconut water and a salad for lunch that I love with my own home made dressing then every dinner I switch it up is that ok? For dinner it's normally just veg cooked or lightly cooked some how I enjoy my breakfast and lunch and it doesn't cause problems I feel like if I just go back to eating a variety I start to come into problem I have decided it not fit h eggs because the have a lot of healthy benefits but I'll see how that goes because it can cause constipation for some people.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 12 Apr 2019, 07:16

Missy, I am not an expert. I believe that in order to nourish the body we need a variety of foods because each has its own load of nutrients and minerals and vitamins etc. Maybe for a while we can live on a restricted diet, as the body has lots of reserves, but in the long run it simply is not sustainable. Science is quite contradictory in this field so it is up to us to choose what to eat.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist