Afraid and needing support

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Afraid and needing support

Postby missy moo » 27 Mar 2019, 23:01

I'll have to look into that I only think I have stomach acid issues because two different doctors told me that and my stomach is hard an tender I get real bad burning if I drink to many alcoholic beverages which is hardly ever but so far all the tests done blood urine and stool have come back clear
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby SueMac » 05 Apr 2019, 12:47

Missy how are you doing? Are stools still soft? My PT therapist suggested I cut out gluten, grains of all kinds, and potatoes as this could help my constipation due to my underactive thyroid being affected by those foods. I'm going to start this next week and trial for two weeks. I am going to miss my carbs!
I also started magnesium citrate and got liquorice tea and had great results. I started on 400mg it was too much, stool got too loose and frequent so now on 200mg and seeing how that goes.
Abu I see you reduced carbs as well. Missy I also red the article which was also very interesting.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 05 Apr 2019, 14:35

Oh yes I've been off gluten, grains and potatoes for along time because of Abus wise advice also nuts and seeds don't agree with me and I've stopped all dairy but feta cheese in my salads I think I have diverticulitis because in amongst my soft stool or super soft stool is hard little bits of stool, I'm not doing the liquorice tea anymore I'm doing magnesium citrate with vitamin C before bed and first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and having a glass of fresh celery juice and then a glass of water then my banana and kiwi fruit smoothie with coconut water.
(very very ripe banana only) I've been looking into things that take a long time to digest and also things that our body struggles to break down and also starchy vegetables and fruit I think our bodies have a hard time with starch I've become my own doctor investigator and scientist
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 07 Apr 2019, 07:46

Missy really interesting! How much magnesium do you find works for you per day? I'm also using the citrate version.
What do you do instead of dairy as I'm thinking of giving this up too? I mean do you drink hot drinks and put alternative "milk" in? So useful thanks for the advice!
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby missy moo » 07 Apr 2019, 14:09

I don't have hot drinks anymore if I do it's a herbal tea like the odd liquorice tea or chamomile tea because coffee is dehydrating I avoid it once any caffeine goes into our body our body uses a lot of it's water from other organs and areas of the body to try and flush it out because it's a toxin. The same goes for alcohol. but you could try using coconut milk almond milk or oat milk I prefer using coconut and almond milk it's a combination milk my children use it and i use it for baking. I still use some butter but for baking I will use coconut oil. I've heard ghee is healthier for you but I haven't tried it. I don't mind butter now and again. For breakfast I have a smoothie for lunch I have a salad for dinner I will have vegetables and quinoa, or I'll do some sort of vegetable bake curry or stir-fry, I pretty much eat no meat they have had the odd little little bit of chicken maybe twice over the last 2 months. I'll let you know the exact amounts of magnesium citrate and Vitamin C absorbic acid I use.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 07 Apr 2019, 14:41

That’s great info thanks! So is it working for you basically? And are you intending to stay on the supplements, are they ok long term? I eat meat and fish but I have cut out a lot of it recently compared to what I used to eat.
I’m going to try the alternative milks next as well. My thyroid diet book says no dairy.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby missy moo » 07 Apr 2019, 15:22

I take 435mg of magnesium citrate pure powder dissolved in a full glass of water and I take 1270mg of sodium ascorbate non acidic vitamin C powder mixed in a full glass of water the vitamin C powder can be taken in less water but the less water you use the worse the taste gets so I take these two glasses of water with these two Solutions every night before bed
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 08 Apr 2019, 03:57

Ok that's helpful. I'm struggling to find the right dose. I did 400mg it was a bit too much so went to 200mg but then had hard stool yesterday and in pain again. Mine are tablets so I need to find a powder form I think. I'm not using vitamin c aside from what I get from good maybe i 'll try that too.

Are you healed and feeling better?
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby owmybum » 08 Apr 2019, 04:09

There is a powder called natural calm. They sell it on Amazon...... this may be better as you can adjust the dose bit by bit.

I have started taking vitamin c 1000 mg and zinc 25 mg. they are both useful for wound healing ( apparently)
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby SueMac » 08 Apr 2019, 04:23

Thanks ow I'll takes a look. The pills are really large and hard to swallow but I have got off movicol which is a pleasing move. I'm so cross about this hard stool yesterday as I was doing really well but looks like 200mg not enough long term maybe 300mg is the magic number. I'll look at the vitamin c and maybe zinc as well.
SueMac
Fissureologist