Another post Botox diary

Botox may 31

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Another post Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Jul 2016, 00:01

Really glad your starting to see such good improvements. It's great you can walk further as I'm sure that will help blood flow to the area.
Wow your good with your diet, but at least with fruits your getting vitamins and minerals. And controlling your BMs,I think my body just couldn't handle anymore beige food 8 months of just carbs with the odd protein has driven me insane. Plus I don't always know what will set me off lol. Well done losing the 8 pound too, just be careful you don't lose too much.
Hope you have a good day and you continue your improvement
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 04 Jul 2016, 20:25

Thanks so much for the post and the good wishes. I am trying my best to stick to my good self. The pain was a constant reminder but now that I don't have much its hard to be as disciplined. I am not on all liquids now and am eating solids - salads and fruit still major on the list but don't have to liquefy everything anymore. I are a couple nuts today too ( I love nuts of almost all kinds) - but I chewed them like a cow first. Anyhow better days - today was a holiday too. seeing my CRS this week possibly.
best wishes, HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby [email protected] » 05 Jul 2016, 13:21

Hi
I am a 60 year old female that is going through the same thing. Today is 1 week post open. The first few days were unbearable after the botox. My first BM I screamed. Since then I have been usi.get Miralax and Colace. My BM is not as bad but holding back on the Miralax. To watery are my stools. I am going to try the coconut oil but don't know ow what brand to buy
Any suggestions ? I feel we are in the same boat here. At times I feel I made the worst decushion of my life. Need help and suggestions!!!!
[email protected]
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Jul 2016, 14:22

Hi Carol,
I'm sure HTD will come on soon, all I can say is keep going it gets better. I am 4 weeks post Botox today and the first 2 weeks were not great. There were times I just wanted to cry, Botox seems to take a while to work but it does usually kick in and you get some relief.
I think like HTD says quite a lot, Botox and fissures both need patience. Try not to get too stressed as that will make everything tense including your sphincter. Try some breathing excecises and some sitz baths twice a day if you have time, if not a hot shower to that area helps a bit. If you have any cream both me and HTD have continued to use ours, I certainly couldn't imagine life without my GTN.
It will get better just try and keep going through this tough bit
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 05 Jul 2016, 19:07

Hi there Carol sorry to hear about your pain. I agree with MPB 100%. The first 3 weeks post Botox were a roller coaster and it was really hard to keep believing something positive would come out of it. The sitz baths with coconut oil helped a lot I also added extra virgin olive oil to my bath. I don't think the brand mattered . I used Vaseline or petroleum jelly to lube pre and post BM. Used the shower head to wash and clean up. No wiping .
One big think I found to help post Botox is not to bulk up too much. I turned vegan but also are only liquids for 1 week - full liquids like lentil soups and juiced veggies and fruits high in soluble fiber. Blue berry juice worked for me.
Now I use magnesium oxide pills on some days and it helps keep me regular in addition to colace three times a day and also a 3/4 cup of miralax. Sounds like you are having diarrhea already so you will need a different approach. Find what worlks for your with diet and softener that keeps ur stool a Bristol 5 soft with raggedy edges to be graphic. I also squat on toilet seat and also use yoga to relax me and walk a lot when pain permits.
Use a finger between the small of the back and the anal opening to support me and this helps the pain too.
Best of wishes most importantly believe that better days await you - no matter what
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Jul 2016, 17:45

Still not entirely pain free and occasionally still some blood but staying positive and hoping for the best with my appointment coming up Friday. I know I am not fully healed but short of that I am relatively pain free for most of the day. I am definitely hoping in 3 months I will be healed but ... Well let's see what Friday holds. Long stressful work days but funnily the stress seems much more handle able after my fissure trauma. I think I am more mature than I was 3 months ago.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jul 2016, 01:23

So glad your getting better and are mainly pain free,maybe the blood isn't a bad sign
Glad your seeing your doc on Friday hope it goes well.
Yes these awful things certainly change us, must admit I'm a lot more carefree now like hey I'm not in agony who cares what happens lol.
Good luck for Friday
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Jul 2016, 22:46

I must say I feel very lucky being able to see my doctor so often - she sees me every 2 to 3 weeks if I am not doing great. Feel pretty spoilt when I hear your wait time is somewhere about September, MPB
I am doing ok and in good spirits . Quite careful about my diet still - the twinges of pain help that way - nice alarm clock reminder of what I should eat - or not eat. Best wishes HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Jul 2016, 00:59

Yes I would like to be able to see my doc a bit more often as it would be nice to know if it's started to heal, but I'm def still getting pain if I go more than once so it's obviously still there lol.
Really glad you seems to be getting good improvement even if you are still having to be careful, maybe that might have to be a permanent thing. I know I can never eat certain food groups again lol.
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Jul 2016, 00:47

I have a good report today from my CRS. Actually I have 2 fissures though I did not bother to specify in my prior posts - posterior one is healed yay! The anterior one still needs help about 75% healed she said. I go back in late August for a revaluation. And if it's not all gone maybe another Botox in September.
Overall she sounded positive and said that maybe because it was 2 fissure it will take longer
Well opening up another jar of patience today with my celebratory get together with friends.
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP