Another post Botox diary

Botox may 31

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Another post Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jul 2016, 04:01

Oh yay well done you so very glad they have healed so quickly for you that's great news.
So pleased for you you have worked so hard on staying positive and keeping your diet fissure friendly. Finger crossed that by August the other one is totally healed and you don't even need another Botox
Well done x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Jul 2016, 10:10

Thanks MPB, I also have a small hemorrhoid which she feels is the cause of the bleeding. That's the pinchy burny thing I feel with BM that is a different feeling from the searing fissure pain. I have no idea how that got there but then parts of my butt remain an enigma.

Yesterday I was a bad girl was hosting a get together for friends and had made all this yummy food and snuck in some pastries and spicy food too. I kinda sorta had a slightly higher pain scale today - with more burny butt- and am vowing to resist temptation.

Other non butt stuff MPB -
We are planning a vacation out of the country in 2 weeks, feeling brave enough to attempt it.

How is your swimming going? My daughter loves to swim too. I have stayed away from it for a while
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jul 2016, 10:29

Ah I have quite a few internal and external hems and know they can hurt quite a bit but nowhere near the kind of pain a fissure causes.
I think occasionally it doesn't harm us too much to join in with the fun and eating nice things at a get together reminds us we are human and life is worth it. Just as long as it's not too often.
Ooooh have a great vacation, where are you going? It will probably help really to take your mind of the fissures
The swimming is going good thanks, I love swimming I used to compete when I was younger before I met my hubby. I'm glad I can still go even if I would like to do more lengths I have to consider my fissure lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 11 Jul 2016, 06:28

Well the past couple of days have been a little rough due to dietary indiscretions. Had small detours from the large but did have more pain and bleeding. So it's back to stricter restrictions for today and tomorrow and hoping for the best. It was a Bristol 4 which always brings on a little blood and some pain. The day goes by with a mild awareness but still I know I have to be careful. The afternoons and evenings are relatively pain free and that's when I slip up. Determination - where are you?
Wow competitive swimmer!! Am really in awe. I started teaching myself swimming as an adult and it has not been easy. My kids swim better than me!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Jul 2016, 07:28

I think that's why fissure are so hard mentally, because we always have to be aware of them even when we aren't in pain. It's difficult to always keep eating in check especially when your with friends and family you just want to join in and be normal.
I have always gone swimming really enjoy it did a few more lengths today without pain so that was good.
I'm sure you set backs won't impact the overall healing as you have done so well in a short space of time. You can't live off soup and smoothies forever lol
Hope these next few days improve
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 11 Jul 2016, 19:23

You are right. Sigh. Today was much more pain than usual and actually caught myself waddling a few times. I have learned to take the setbacks in my stride and am hoping for the best.
I know fissure dear is still with me. Today I felt him all along. I also feel he has found another sympathizer Mr Hemmy in the anti me camp.
Sigh sigh.
I tried to eat better today but am starving.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Jul 2016, 02:07

Oh no that's not good but I'm certain you will be back on track very soon. It's impossible to eat in a way that makes a fissure happy and still live a normal life...could you add in more stool softner or dried fruit...there is always pink Himalayan salt sprinkled on food or in some water but that could work too well. I am trying to add in more variety slowly as my journey with this thing will be a long one and my body needs more sustenance.
The hem should settle down quickly they aren't as stubborn as the fissure or at least mine aren't...they are always there but rarely make their presence felt. Unlike the fissure that screams to be noticed.
I'm sure you will find a way to eat more and not irritate the fissure, can you eat any protein...what about oily fish or maybe a spoon of olive oil before your meal your body is telling you it's hungry for a reason it needs nourishment.
Hoping for a better day for you
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 12 Jul 2016, 19:01

Thanks just needed to hear that! You always know the right thing to say MPB.
Today was a tad bit better. Worked through the day with twinges of pain though - did mostly everything right added coconut oil back into my life 1 tsp with meals ( consisting of fruits and soup -ugh whoever thought of oily fruit being your goto good menu) I read the part about the emulsification of food with fat coating everything and decided to give the coconut oil a go. I know my CRS said I was 70% healed in the anterior fissure but that cannot be true anymore 3 days later. I probably retore much as I hate that word. Well we battle on...
kids are on summer break so still having fun in the evenings with them pain or not . Still nowhere as bad as I started pre Botox but hoping I don't get there
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Jul 2016, 07:51

Hi HTD, I did reply but it didn't post so if you get two similar replies I'm not losing my mind lol.
It really is hard watching our diet so very carefully, I must admit I have started adding more into mine as it was getting me down mentally, I may have to change that in the future but right now I have to eat a bit more normally.
Maybe you haven't retorn just stretched it a bit, I'm sure that even Botox couldn't dull the pain of a proper tear. I'm certain that you will not go back to your pre Botox days as you have healed so well that your body seems to be working with you.
It's great your able to spend fun times with your kids as the fissures have such an impact on our lives that even the simplest things become difficult, we have to keep fighting and enjoying the happy moments, trying to put any pain to the back of our minds no matter how hard that's is.
Hoping today has been a good day for you
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 13 Jul 2016, 18:45

Thanks much my dear. Yes today was a better day . Working really hard to make up for lost days but I have a team so it's not bad. We are coming up for a sort of an audit and I am in charge so the pain free days are made full use of - I pack the day with impromptu meetings much to others' dismay .
I too am experimenting with different "safe" foods. It's hard to stay with a routine of only berry juice and lentil soup and apples! I am also using coconut oil more - a tsp twice a day for the past couple of days and it seems to do a little good.
Yesterday was my sons birthday and we had a good time. He turned 11.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP