Asdf Bi Lateral Flap Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Asdf Bi Lateral Flap Diary

Postby owmybum » 14 Oct 2014, 11:44

Mirilax took 3 days to start working for me, so give it another day or two. Don't forget to drink extra water with it.

Could you try putting your feet up on a low stool or a couple of books?? After my flap I was having surprise poos for a week or so, so I never squatted or anything as I wasn't sure what was going to come out!!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby asdf123456 » 14 Oct 2014, 12:38

I think if I did that it would hurt quite a bit. Right now I am barely sitting at all on the toilet and kind of leaning over to rest my weight on the side of my thigh. It's not really conducive to an easy poop, and that might be the reason I am having trouble.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby msimon » 14 Oct 2014, 19:46

asdf, I have been reading your posts and am hoping things are going to work out for you real soon. You have been through so much! I know you said you are in a lot of pain but I am wondering if there would be a way for you to kind of squat to poop? It really has been helpful to me and so many others on here.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby asdf123456 » 15 Oct 2014, 10:05

I really can't squat yet. When I bend I can feel the tension pulling the flaps and it's quite painful and could potentially rip more sutures.

The plastic surgeon yesterday insisted I come see him to check the flaps, and he said he could only see that I lost 1 stitch per flap, but each well onto the outside of the butt, so he said it shouldn't matter. He couldn't see the inside though. Ever since that appointment, my butt bled profusely all day, but I believe the blood was coming from an external wound. I had my donor sites stitched up, and the blood felt like it was from my right donor site, but I could not look. It started to burn very bad, which would be OK, except that the burning caused more spasms, which were truly blinding. They last 1 or 2 seconds, as the sphincter contracts onto the stitches and wounds and I swear it truly feels like there cannot possibly be anything more painful. I've had spasms with all my other surgery, and they sure did hurt a lot, but not even close to like this. I literally can't help but scream and cringe at the top of my lungs when it happens. Like if that pain lasted for 3 seconds in a row I would pass out or have a heart attack. So I finally took a valium, which helped a little or at least helped me to sleep. And I took miralax for round 2.

I was blessed to find that my poop was perfect this morning, and the bleeding seems to have slowed at least. I hope that's the miralax working and that will be how I poop from now on. Today is day 8. There is not that much blood on my poop. It's actually almost the exact same amount as was before, and in the same spot, so that is a little troubling. It's a bright red stripe right down the edge of my poop coinciding with the posterior midline. I know it's early yet to worry about blood, so I try not to look.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby suzyljank » 15 Oct 2014, 14:53

Hi, the blood is probably ok, I had blood off and on for over 2 months. My flaps were left open so there would be little or no tension when it started healing. It hurt like the devil to have two gaping wounds down there that had to be dressed repeatedly but I'm glad that's the way it was done. I hope you're recovery continues to progress quicky for you.
Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby owmybum » 16 Oct 2014, 10:00

How's it going today? Has the mirilax worked its magic??
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 16 Oct 2014, 10:14

Yep. My poop was perfect again. That's 2 in a row. The only downside is I may poop twice today, but that's OK I guess. I regret not taking the miralax sooner. Otherwise, I have been bleeding a ton. When I took off my overnight gauze this morning it was completely soaked in blood again. I hope the blood is coming from the outside, but there's no way to tell. I have also not sat up or lied on my back in 9 days now, which is getting annoying. I visit my CRS on Monday for the real inspection which will probably include a scope to see how the inside of the flap looks.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby suzyljank » 16 Oct 2014, 12:15

Hi, I didn't take my pain pills much but I always took one before I saw my CRS. One week after surgery the Dr. did dilation and then I had to do it. It's easier when you do it yourself, not so much when the doctor did it so I went prepared. I also slept in a recliner for about a month. It was easier to get into and out of. Good luck. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby owmybum » 19 Oct 2014, 13:44

How are you asdf? Has the bleeding slowed down??

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 19 Oct 2014, 13:56

The bleeding has slowed a bit, but the gauze still has some blood on it each time. There is also a ton of yellowish drainage, more than with my prior surgeries- it's very gross actually.

My poops have been much easier, so I will stick with the miralax. My poops were good for 3 days right after the surgery too, so I only really had those few days where I had to push at all to poop, so I am hoping I did not do any damage to the interior of the flap. My follow up is tomorrow afternoon so I guess I'll find out then.

I have yet to sit down since at all, but I am starting to spend some time on my back in bed finally. I'm getting sick of lying on my stomach or side. Tomorrow I'll probably have to sit down in the car and in the doctors office, but it will be 13 days post/op, so I think it's reasonable to spend some time sitting on my butt if I need be.

The spasms are still happening, but the pain from them has gone done to bearable the last few days. I am glad about that.
asdf123456
VIP