Fissure back

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fissure back

Postby Guest » 17 Feb 2008, 07:51

Apart from the LIS & hemmorhoidectomy, I had 3 skin tags removed, all in one go, plus several polyps removed. It's hard to isolate what caused the most pain. All I know is that the pain became bearable from about day 12 onwards. I'm happy it was all done at the same time, rather than going back there again & again. I was under GA & it was done in hospital. There's no way I could've worked before 3 weeks post-surgery.
Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you.

Postby Guest » 17 Feb 2008, 08:13

His name is Dr Brian Harlin and I love him! He's so thorough and he really spends time talking with you and exploring all options (non surgical) before he suggests LIS. I'm very happy with him and of course I wouldn't mind, go meet with him, I have no doubts you'll love him.

Postby happyass » 27 Feb 2008, 19:41

Y'all are making me homesick for the boroughs....... i lived in brooklyn (bay ridge: ft hamilton prkwy) and then astoria (in steinway).......loved it but then i just cracked and had to get out.....
bum, did you get your procedure done? i am sure it is answered in another post somewhere.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74