Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby patience_and_healing » 06 Mar 2018, 15:07

Don't you love that pain free feeling? When I have days like that it reminds me of what life used to be like, and it really wasn't that long ago! I hope you only have painless days from now on.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 06 Mar 2018, 16:24

Thank you so much P&h yes it's a lovely feeling an does take you back to when you didn't even notice your bum it was just there an did its job that was it didn't think about it an you certainly didn't told to people about it or what comes out of it
:bouncer:
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 06 Mar 2018, 17:36

3weeks 2days
The next day again a bm 3-4 on the chart and no pain to start with no pain during or after but a bit of discomfort afterwards just till I cleaned off with the shower head I guess I can expect this for awhile till both the muscle and the fissure/scar tissue are used to the more formed bms an heals properly just need to work on the scar tissue now that's my mission im not going to use self dilation now because my bms are doing a fine job of that instead I'll focus on softening an desolving the rough scar edges.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 07 Mar 2018, 15:30

3weeks 3days
Same bm 3-4 on chart fist half came out fine then the second half had the type of stretch that retears things I was cringing because normally that creates pain but it didn't but straight after my muscle was kind of sore like an inner band pain ache hard to explain but the bm was just like the last 3 days I think it's just going to take my muscle awhile to get use to normal healthy stools again, does this sound right to you professionals P&h, mypoorbutt?
:thankyou:
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 07 Mar 2018, 17:46

Unexpected 2bm alot softer but had some slight pain afterwards till I cleaned off but a second bm has always hurt afterwards regardless of botox, I looked at the fissure in a small mirror and it's still open should it be this amount of time post Botox?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 08 Mar 2018, 00:42

I don’t know a lot about healing time but I keep reading on this forum that the longer you have the fissure the longer it takes to heal, so maybe yours will need some time because you’ve had it for so long? Did you get spasm pain before the Botox? I wonder if the spasms will be the first thing to go and that the fissure will eventually heal as it gets better blood flow
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 08 Mar 2018, 01:02

Hey the fissure heals an comes back so I think blood flow is good because it heals well but I don't think I got spasms well not bad ones anyway just tight pain
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby patience_and_healing » 08 Mar 2018, 14:11

I think 3 weeks is a bit early to expect full healing considering how long you've had this problem. It might take a bit longer than that but hopefully it will happen eventually.
patience_and_healing

Postby missy moo » 08 Mar 2018, 14:33

Yea P&h I use to have a pattern where the fissure would be sore for up to 10 days heal closed an be pain free for anywhere from 4-6 weeks then would retear so I guess I'm just missing those big breaks an thinking a sore on your finger takes a few days to close over giving it's been rubbed against daily maybe it would take a few weeks but like I said my fissure use to heal over clearly not 100% otherwise it would retear but still closed looking you know I'm not sure what the Botox is doing for me after my bm today the muscle closed off straight away like it normally does how ever I'm enjoying beening able to pass normal bms an hoping that's not because of the Botox an continues to be fine after the botox wears off I do have a question who needs fiber? I'm thinging I get enough fiber each day but not sure I have oats for breakfast which contains 22% daily needs an I have a whole meal sandwich for lunch which contains 19% daily needs plus salad an salmon filling then for dinner I have a very small portion of meat ie a small lamb chop an a large home made salad, or vegetables I'll admit I'm not hungry during the day these meals are very filling so I don't eat fruit at all which I know is bad because I'm missing out on all the good vitamins. What do you think of my diet? Do I need fiber? I think I need to experiment a bit with the fiber not sure I need anymore then 1 teaspoon a day if that my bms are soft an bulky I think the would be without anything just water an my same daily diet I'd love to be able to go away from the day or the weekend like we are this weekend an not need to take my daily softener an fiber
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby patience_and_healing » 09 Mar 2018, 13:16

Hmm.. I won't pretend to have much knowledge on what kind of diet to follow because I'm not very informed myself on what's best. Personally what worked for me was to stop worrying about every little thing I ate. I was eating a lot of salads, avoiding meat, etc, and it only made me miserable and I was losing weight. Now I tend to avoid too much insoluble fiber because it makes BMs bulky. I still take miralax regularly, but I can go a day off without it if I'm sick of taking it. I find that even if I'm not getting enough fiber, miralax helps move things along. I've found certain fruits like pears and blueberries to be very helpful in having healthy BMs. Apples on the other hand cause bulky BMs for me so I don't eat the whole thing in one day. I don't avoid nuts because I think they're fine if chewed thoroughly.
patience_and_healing