Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby PreggoAF » 13 Mar 2018, 18:37

Hi Missy,

Yes, I'm the mama moving overseas this summer! This is my second child, a boy :-) And I agree. I really think that all the pressure from the baby has caused my issues "down there". I didn't have any issues during my first pregnancy but had to push a lot when delivering my daughter and ended up with terrible hems and a fissure. It's a shame that childbirth wrecks our bodies so much! And I'd like to give it time to see if it heals without the baby there, but we're moving to Indonesia where there will not be the best healthcare so I feel pressured to get this fixed before we move. It's a really tough situation!

As far as the blood during your BM, I think it's a great sign that your pain has decreased. I suppose blood must mean that the fissure is not entirely healed yet? Is it a lot of blood? Or blood on the stool? The botox must have made your sphincter muscle looser though so I bet you're getting better blood flow now to the region which should help healing. Have you been able to look at the fissure recently to see if it looks smaller or healing?
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2018, 18:52

Oh yes that's right well my story is the same it started after giving birth to my first son 4.5 years ago I'm kind of leaving towards saying just get lis I would if I was you I hate for this to continue for you like it has for me before Botox it would heal then come back every few weeks so I've always needed to do something more then creams an diet. There is only a little blood on the stool but the thing that gets to me is the skin tag large an red like it use to do only if the fissure was bad so I feel like the Botox is a smoke screen an the fissure still isn't doing well but all I can do is wait an see I did skip fiber an lax sachets for the last two days because I was away but I will take the fiber powder today but I choosen to not have anynore lax sachets
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Hopefull123 » 13 Mar 2018, 19:01

Definitely don't skip the husk. I am planning to put some in a zip lock bag when I travel.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2018, 19:23

What a good idea I also ate a little naughty while away it's sad I can't even have the odd bit of yummy bad food while on holiday it's hard because everyone around me was tacking in I only ate a little bit but it felt good to eat outside of my diet but at the back of my mind I did have the worry.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 13 Mar 2018, 19:31

I know it's hard, but you have a plan. The day will come sooner or later.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2018, 19:40

Hopeful should I try get a new surgeon by telling them I've moved to my sister's address or stick with this surgeon an just see him again an see if he's open to doing a fissurectomy aswel I could print off some info that says a fissurectomy an Botox together are more successful? Not sure which way to go
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 13 Mar 2018, 20:18

Honestly, I am surprised tjat he didn't do fissurectomy even if he did not see a a scar tissue, because this is such an old wound and it definitely needs cautherization. I wouldn't trust his expertise, plus he caused you another fissure. I would switch.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2018, 20:31

Thanks afterwards he said the scar tissue is soft so it should heal he didn't even say it had jagged edges or what not which is why the don't heal
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SusieUK » 14 Mar 2018, 07:57

Missy my surgeon told me that if he hadn't removed the scar tissue he doesn't think it would have healed & every time it re-tears it adds to the scar tissue. Over the last couple of years my build up of scar tissue had made it so that my bottom was hardly able to open at all when it was torn & inflamed!
SusieUK
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 14 Mar 2018, 13:37

Susieuk does it make a difference that he said the scar is soft so is fine an that's why he left it? Or is he wrong because the scar edges will be jaggered regardless if it's soft or not?
missy moo
King Fissure