Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby missy moo » 15 Mar 2018, 20:11

Yea I believe Botox could work for people who haven't had the fissure to long because over time the resting pressure goes up an Botox only reduces it for up to 3 months or if your pressure is normal an you have the fissure removed at the same time an you can control your bms, none of this fits me I would try again with the fissure being removed this time an Botox put in again to buy mysrlf more time to have 1 more baby then I'll be in my mid 30s an lis is ok then supposedly. I just gota keep looking forward but it's hard when right now keeps me stuck it's all consuming in the moment I need to Ike you said maybe try magnesium leading up to my period I was going to try lax sachets since I have heaps but magnesium helps anxiety too which I suffer from an even more when things are bad my anxiety goes way up
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby patience_and_healing » 15 Mar 2018, 23:13

According to my doctor, Botox only works on voluntary muscle fibers like forehead muscles, not on involuntary ones. That might be why it fails in some people, because it doesn't relax the nearby voluntary muscles enough to get the fissure to heal.

You may find doctors reluctant to do an LIS after having 3 children, because childbirth sometimes results in sphincter injuries, and the surgery would weaken the area further. I encourage you to keep up with the softeners. Yes it's a huge pain to take them, but it's essential for healing if hard BMs keep injuring things.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 15 Mar 2018, 23:21

After my 3rd baby I would wait 6 months then have an anal tone test that would tell me if childbirth weakened things? For now I will keep going day by day an see how things go.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 13:41

Does the tone test tell you if you have any damage from childbirth?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 13:47

Well my stools are back to normal today they are normally loose during my period which is annoying so my stools are normal for weeks then right before my period they go dry an hard open the fissure then days of loose stools just to literally put Salt in the wound.
Why do my stools dry out leading up to my period? Anyone have a clue? I'd ask my doctor but I'm starting to think doctors are a waste of money my doctor's anyway I tell them info an they even look up stuff on Google while I'm there I can do that at home for free, who can I have an appointment with that deals with periods an hormones? I think I need some blood tests to check my hormones
Last edited by missy moo on 16 Mar 2018, 15:08, edited 2 times in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Mar 2018, 13:58

I don't know, Missy! That's weird, but I've definitely heard other women complain that their fissure tears around the time of the period, too, so I believe there's a hormonal connection for a lot of women. I only get fissures during and post-pregnancy so I think there's a hormonal connection for me, too. Like you said you were going to do, I'd say it makes sense to take something to soften your stool before your period until the fissure heals and for many months afterward to ensure that it's all healed up and that your sphincter muscle has finally relaxed from not tightening up in response to the fissure.
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 14:02

Thank you so much for replying everyday it makes me feel not alone with this talk about sisterhood : ) will this started for me 2 weeks after giving birth due to hormones an the birth which was more then 4 years ago an yea I think I need to take something before my period for the rest of my life but what would be best?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Mar 2018, 14:32

Of course! It makes me sad to think that so many of us mothers have had to lose precious time and happiness with our children because we're in pain from this health issue. So many of us sacrificed our bodies to make our babies and now suffer with health problems. It seems so unfair!

Anyway, I know a lot of people stay on Miralax and other stool softeners for many years. If you wanted to be more natural, I would try the magnesium. I also sometimes take this supplement when I really need to make my BMs very soft: https://www.gutsense.org/store/hydro-c- ... rizer.html. The maker claims it's the healthiest stool softener for long-term use and lists the reasons why on the webpage.
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 15:10

Thank you so much I'll have a look I think I'll start magnesium regardless to help with stress an anxiety x
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 15:46

That stuff seems good! I could just use it leading up to my period, because I still want my muscle to get use to the normal stretch it's just the drying out that happens prior to my period. I know how you feel I've lost probably a total of two years worth of time with my 4.5 year old an my 11 month old in total that's time when they were new borns time spent crying in the bathroom putting creams on in an out of the toilet taking laculose an fiber an putting on natural creams an oils wording about my water bottle getting low instead of enjoying a day out with the family plus worrying about sitting in a odd position in front of people or taking random food with me instead of eating what everyone else is eating then trying to hide in the car to take a lax sachet or some fiber it's all consuming. I wish I new someone who lived near me who was going through this too so we could hang out an support each other and be the odd ones together lol
missy moo
King Fissure