Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 15:56

missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Hopefull123 » 16 Mar 2018, 16:08

My CRS told me today tjat he never tested my resting pressure, because studies show all fissure patients have a high one. I asked him about childbirth and he said your anal sphincter muscle will only weaken during childbirth if it gets torn for some reason, but otherwise it won't. Fissure tare is different than actual muscle tear, so don't be scared about that, missy. However, if you should get to LIS down the road, have it tested just in case but most likely it will be high.
He said it is not a good idea to stay on softeners long term because your anus and muscles get used to the softness and every time there is a harder one, it will get damaged.
I also have hard BMs before periods as this is normal due to hormonal changes.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 16:17

Thank you so much hopeful for asking him these things it means alot to me since I have no one to ask these questions, I found the website above very interesting so it is hormones causing the dryer stools prior to periods also hopeful I think my tone is high an that's why the formed bms feel good like its ment to be like that an the stretch is like stretching any other muscle it's relieving an feels natural I completely forgot about dry stools before my period because of the softeners I would have soft stools all the time then before my period they would be normal stools for a day or two an that would split the fissure now I'm having normal bms everyday an dry ones prior to my period if I take some type of softener during those days the stools should go from dry to normal how do you prevent dry stools at this time hopeful?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 16 Mar 2018, 18:38

I can't prevent them, but last time they were better since I started the husk, however they still retore and this is where I decided to do LIS. Now 3 weeks later, my doc said everything looks healed and even with harder BMs there is no pain anymore. I even had to push a little on two occasions and I freaked out but nothing happened. Have been pain free for about two weeks. Fissure pain disappeared since day 1, just pain from the incision side for a week. No spasms at all. I think LIS is like magic. No one should be afraid. To me this is not even a surgery, just a 20 minutes procedure. Going to the dentist takes longer LOL.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 19:16

How long did you have your fissure before lis?
Did you have a skin tag?
Was it anterior?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 16 Mar 2018, 19:20

I had it for 8 months, anterior, small skin tag the size of my pinky fingernail, but I opted out the removal, so I don't have to deal with another wound. He said it won't bother me if the fissure is,healed. Now the color has turned dark instead of pinkish and it is even shrinking. The fissure was very wide and deep, he could see the muscles, so ointments and conservative methods did not work.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 21:15

Did they burn or remove the fissure? My skin tag is about the same size he said the fissure is long but not deep
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 16 Mar 2018, 21:19

He burned the edges. I don't think the fissure can be removed except through a flap surgery, but he does these only on older patients with weaker muscles. However, flap surgery had longer recovery and lower success rate.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 16 Mar 2018, 21:46

Wow I didn't know that thank you, did he mention lis risk of inconvenience as you get older is it likely to start effecting you later on?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 16 Mar 2018, 21:54

I didn't ask him that, but read about other people's surgeons saying that your muscle regains its strength back within 2 years. I would take this risk over endless pain forever at any day.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist