Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby missy moo » 14 Mar 2018, 13:58

Thank you fiber, my bm was fine this morning apart from the hard bits at the start left over from yesterday the rest of the stool was formed soft an most importantly SMOOTH. I'm going to book in to see my GP today an see what she says I think I need to print off some basic info on fissures plus the procedures because GPS just haven't got a clue! I'm done thanks for listening x
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby SusieUK » 14 Mar 2018, 14:15

missy moo wrote:Susieuk does it make a difference that he said the scar is soft so is fine an that's why he left it? Or is he wrong because the scar edges will be jaggered regardless if it's soft or not?

I'm not sure missy.
SusieUK
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 15 Mar 2018, 14:13

Ok so like the day before yesterday my stool started off as 1 an went all the way through to a 4 what the heck!! I'm not taking any softeners an don't want to I'm taking 1 teaspoon of psyllium husk once a day an that's it it's so annoying because I've eaten the same stuff for the last 3 days two of those days my bms where hard an the other was perfect so what do I do I'm open to taking magnesium but what kind everyone says something different? I tried the olive oil hopeful an almost vomited haha wow what an experience hehe but sadly not for me I'm sure it has many amazing health benefits too
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 15 Mar 2018, 14:51

Missy, add another half spoon of husk with a second serving at a different time. One teaspoon only also hardens my BMs. As for the oil, just pour it in one tablespoon, don't breathe and swallow fast then immediately drink juice.
I have taken magnesium citrate, but it makes my stool watery and acidic. You can try though maybe starting with 200 mgs. But long term magnesium dose larger than 350 mgs may cause kidney toxicity down the road.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 15 Mar 2018, 15:57

Ok I'll have half a teaspoon after breakfast an 1 teaspoon after lunch, I'm frustrated I want to control my bms with water an diet only not having to take this that an the other everyday an have to worry about it while on hoilday an stuff, I think I retore the newer fissure too plus the chronic one cant heal with my out of control bms my period is due so this could be causing it I just want to be normal an not deal with fissues an bms
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 15 Mar 2018, 16:08

Also be careful with your fiber from food, don't exceed over 30 to 40 grams all together for the day.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 15 Mar 2018, 16:11

I have oats for breakfast and a wholemeal sandwich for lunch with salmon an salad an dinner changes meat an vegs basically but I don't eat much meat I don't snack what an I doing wrong it's really getting me down
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 15 Mar 2018, 16:54

That sounds ok, just don't eat too much of the oats. Also, when I had active fissure even a normal BM will feel harder because of the pain. Maybe this is the case with you. Or because you cut off the long laxative use your body needs to adjust to pull water I to the colon on its own. Tjat happened to me after I took dulcoease for a few days and then stopped it. Dulcoease acts the same way as Miralax.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 15 Mar 2018, 17:25

The start of the stool was pebbles I just don't get it I just had a look an there is a fresh new fissure not the one caused but the surgeon but a new one closed to the chronic one
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 15 Mar 2018, 17:27

Missy, I take magnesium citrate divided in two doses (200mg morning/200mg evening) and that helps me a ton. The magnesium also helps me relax and puts me to sleep which is an added benefit :-)
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6