HELPPP PLEASE VERY DEPRESSED!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: HELPPP PLEASE VERY DEPRESSED!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Feb 2013, 14:09

Hi, thanks for replying. I know it is weird that it all started together. I am seeing a urogynae as well, but not sure when! I have botox booked for 4th April. God knows how I am gonna go on until then. I am crying, depressed and in major pain. This is ruling me. The burning is the worst, having both ends playing up is hard to love.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby prunie » 20 Feb 2013, 14:34

Rachael, I tried Rectogesic and I damn near fell over with the migraine and stopped (sort of wished I'd manned-up and carried on now.....but hey ho). Anyway, I went to see a surgeon about my lady bits which got mangled 4 months ago with my baby (hence also the AF). I mentioned to him that I had an AF and he asked whether I had been prescribed Diltiazem - I said no (although I've had about 5 other things shoved up my butt since the birth). He said the NHS often don't prescribe it because its expensive. Called my GP and said I wanted it and I WANTED IT NOW!!!!! My GP told me it was Ј110 per squeezy tube, but she'd give it to me. I'm one week in. There is improvement since this weekend, although that could also be the diet and the other things I'm doing (sitz baths are my most happy parts of the day....oooooh how I love the scorching water on my knackered under-crackers). Perhaps give it a try. And in the mean time PRUNES PRUNES PRUNES. OK, I'm passing enough gas to create my own chemical weapon but when I poo it only feels like I've passed a small sausage embedded with glass, as opposed to passing a Range Rover embedded with glass. Don't give up. You/we will find a solution to this....just got to work through it to find what works for you. OOooh, p.s. I too have IBS and it doesn't mind the prunes at the mo..... I'm adjusting prune intake each day to keep my BM soft without turning to liquid. Day at a time. I wake up each day praying to the God of toilets to let me have a good poo. Don't let your ass defeat you!
prunie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Englanddevon » 20 Feb 2013, 15:23

I completely sympathise with you Rachel. Can't believe you've still got to wait until April for the Botox, I know that must seem like an eternity to wait, I know the doctors are hard pushed but it seems cruel to leave us all stuck in a crazy amount of pain and when the treatment is needed now! It's frustrating waiting for something that may help, keep positive! X
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Postby Jessjess » 20 Feb 2013, 18:52

Rachel, is there any way that you can check on surgeons that are not in your area? Maybe someone in a different county or whatever can see you sooner? Are you on their cancellation list? It's worth researching every possible venue. I really had to advocate for myself (nice but assertive and honest) to get in to see a surgeon sooner than they had scheduled me.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby PompeyBlue » 27 Feb 2013, 10:58

Hi Rachel
I'm in the UK too. I had a real battle with my GP to get her to prescribe Diltiazem cream - she gave up in the end! I think the main reason was not cost (about Ј40) but that it is not yet licensed in the UK. So keep on at her/him. I have found it more helpful than the rectogesic. No headaches or itch.
I have been using Diltiazem for months (the CRS gave me further supplies) and on my last (second) visit he gave me more and told me that the fissure is now covered in healing tissue.
I fully agree with OMB's advice in an earlier post. Keep stools soft with lactulose or Movicol, lubricate with vasilene, take lots of warm baths and you may not need that Botox!
Much better to heal naturally if you can. I had this before for six months and it healed for seven years. It only recurred because a change of precription drugs blocked me up. It has been almost six months again this time but, fingers crossed, I seem to be healing again.
I hope this gives you hope! Please don't give up.
Allan
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Rachael 1984 » 27 Feb 2013, 13:25

Hi Allan, thanks for the support. I am in major pain now daily. It hurts and burns and I am finding it hard to sit! This is just the pits. Yes the Doc wouldn't give me the Diltiazem because of cost! She told me it was in the hundreds? I am speaking to my doc on Friday, I am going to insist that I have it. I have over 4 wks until Botox. I have been trying to heal them for months.
I have 2 now, the tears I am shedding are unreal! Nobody understands!
I am pleased you are doing so well.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby PompeyBlue » 27 Feb 2013, 16:14

Rachel
I am so pleased to have been of some help. Here is a link to a circular from the N Yorks PCT about sourcing Diltiazem cream for around Ј40 a tube. My GP collapsed (not literally!) when I showed her this and we obtained the Anoheal cream.
http://www.nyypct.nhs.uk/AdviceInformation/Pharmacy/docs/Contractor/Diltiazem%20cream.pdf
Good luck and let us know how you get on. Lots of people find coconut oil very soothing for the "burn".
Allan
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby prunie » 28 Feb 2013, 03:17

My UK GP told me Diltiazem was Ј110. I've now been on it about 2 weeks and I see an improvement for sure. On the downside I went to the GP two days ago to find that they never sent the letter for the CRS referral and were planning to request a camera examination anyway. I went spare (full on tears on the doctor)....the letter has now gone to the right department. Got to love the NHS!
prunie
Fibre Addict

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 Feb 2013, 06:56

Alan, that's great! I will speak to Doc tomorrow. I like your style! At least I will have something to use. I am so irritated from using so many creams !!
Prunie, sorry to hear that! Hope you get to CRS soon, ate you planning Botox?
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Whymelord » 28 Feb 2013, 14:19

I feel your pain I had a major fissure in my late teens and now in my mid 20s I had two major fissures one after the other and now it's not healing and surgery is likely. The pain and the debilitating is awful. No one can see it so they don't know.
You feel useless and restless, I had to give up the gym and lost so much muscle I worked hard to maintain for years. Having to diet carefully is frustrating and still passing hard stool and still having terrible pain. I also had two hemorroids and had only one treated so far because the other fissure popped in to say hello. i literally only had 2 weeks of rest in between them.
It's not fair. It doesn't feel fair. I have to keep remembering though and I think it was Churchill who said it "if you're going through Hell, keep going"
There is life after fissure and hemorrhoids.
Whymelord