How can I soften my stool??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How can I soften my stool??

Postby missy moo » 17 Dec 2018, 14:51

Here in NZ it's called molaxole it's mainly macrogol sodium and potassium? Is it ok to take long term do you think Abu? Doctors say it is, I just feel like no matter what I do my body just creates hard stools
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Abu » 18 Dec 2018, 01:07

Hey Missy, I am so sorry for your situation. Miralax is perfect for a few weeks, take it without fear. Long term I do not recommend it even though there are many on this forum taking it for years. Ditch the oats for at least 1 week and see how you feel. Coffee I don't know, I never drank it. You should try for yourself and replace it with tea for a while.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 18 Dec 2018, 01:19

Thank Abu I just brought some mg lax it's ingredients are
Magnesium oxide
Magnesium sulfate
Sodium chloride and potassium chloride
And aloe vera leaf extract
It claims to help with regularity I couldn't find the natural calm at the health food store but I will look at the pharmacies tomorrow
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby John667 » 19 Dec 2018, 20:15

Abu wrote:Sharp pain is from something you ate, it cannot be the stool. Try an elimination diet to find out what hurts you. For at least 1 week eliminate 1 type of food and see how you feel. Do not change anything else. Next week elimibate another type of food and re-introduce the first one. Do this until you find the culprit. One BM a day is ok if stools are soft, for me it has to be 2 otherwise it gets harder. You can play with softeners for a while in order to train your body to go twice.

Are you sure about it? An anal fissure, when it tears, cause sharp pain, whatever you eat.
John667
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 19 Dec 2018, 22:30

I get sharp pain in my bowel not after eatting but anytime mostly in the evenings or night time sometimes it's an ache pain not stomach cramps from eatting something
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 20 Dec 2018, 00:57

I was referring to pain in the tummy not the butt. Missy, did you try eating Manuka honey, as you live where they make it? The pains can be caused by poor digestion which can have many cayses, one of them being low stomach acid due to H. Pylori
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 20 Dec 2018, 02:00

It's pain real lower left like in my bowel, I have a large jar of manuka honey that I was given for my birthday I've been making homemade salad dressing with it. I think it mite diverticulitis ?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby John667 » 20 Dec 2018, 09:14

Abu wrote:I was referring to pain in the tummy not the butt. Missy, did you try eating Manuka honey, as you live where they make it? The pains can be caused by poor digestion which can have many cayses, one of them being low stomach acid due to H. Pylori

Oh, sorry, didn't see it. You are right then.
John667
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Abu » 20 Dec 2018, 11:01

Missy, it's no use to worry about so many things. If you suspect something is not right and it bothers you, then go see a doctor and do some tests. From my point of view, diverticulitis appears in older people which have a lifetime history of constipation - not really your case here.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 20 Dec 2018, 13:31

Your right what's H. Pylori and is it normal to have mucus in the stool I have that from time to time once it was alot! It's nice having someone to talk to about this and ask questions your very knowledgeable thank you.
missy moo
King Fissure