how long before incision soreness gone?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

how long before incision soreness gone?

Postby buttgirl » 27 Mar 2008, 16:13

Hi everyone,
Today is two weeks after my LIS. I am doing well and have been for a while. the fissure pain was basically gone the day after the op. I have not felt it except for a twinge here and there since then. the thing that is minorly bothersome now is the place where the incision was made. It stings a little in the morning after bm and throughout the day if I get sweaty or walk a lot.
So my question is, for those of you who have had LIS, how long did you notice the incision? And did you incision sting? If so for how long?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: how long before incision soreness gone?

Postby juney » 27 Mar 2008, 16:58

i could never distinguish between incision and fissure. it's so strange to me when everyone talks about the "incision" b/c i couldn't have pinpointed mine if my life depended on it. so i'm no help there!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Mar 2008, 17:17

Chris, the only time I stung was after a loose BM, but that was my fissure causing the pain. I think! Image It only really happened in the immediate days after my surgery.
I recognized the incision pain as usually a sore area but also with occasional twinges and even a painless spasming a couple times. Unnerving. After some time, maybe two weeks or later, I recognized the incision area as a dull, leathery-feeling spot "in there!" That gradually went away in a couple weeks.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Mar 2008, 23:43

My incision was sooo small - like 5 mm at most on the left side of my anus. It closed in 2 days -I think too soon since swelling and extra blood had than nowhere to go and had to be absorbed by body itself. Kim calmed me down ( thank you Kimmy boy XOXO) with his story about other event when his body had to do that. So, my incision spot did not give me any extra pain after first week. The place where fissurectomy was performed was another story though Image - gave me big skin tag that is bothering me even now on occasion !
I hope that your stinging will go away pretty soon, and there is no reason for it not to Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 27 Mar 2008, 23:58

Thanks everyone.
You're right, Fiss. Maybe it's better that it didn't close too soon. It did need to bleed for about four days. I guess I'm just a little paranoid and still focused on the area. I keep waiting for it to get worse....I think my head is going to take longer to heal than anything else.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 28 Mar 2008, 01:59

You're right about the mental anguish taking a long time to go! I STILL get scared to go to the bathroom and my op was months ago! And I still expect the pain to come back! Crazy! I think mine was still sore until about a month/6 weeks afterwards, then I felt relatively back to normal, but even now I still get some "sore" days although they are nothing compared to pre-LIS pain.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 06 Sep 2008, 12:26

BG -
This is an old post but it caught my attention for obvious reasons! :)
When did your soreness/incision stinging end? I am 2 weeks post op and this thing is still pissing me off. It seams no one else had issues.
Thanks, Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 06 Sep 2008, 13:31

Hopefully BG will be by soon but I know she still has some twinginess in the area and can feel it at times.

Postby Jen » 06 Sep 2008, 14:08

Lecia - Didn't you say you have alot of tenderness from your I&D site? I think it is different bcause your was cut open like 3 times. Does it ever rip open again completely? Is it a stinging feeling? Does it bother you with large BM's? I know it was a different kind of surgery, but it is a cut just the same.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Sep 2008, 14:56

Yeah Jen - I just posted in another thread - BG had problem with incision site pain. I think you will get more insight Monday when your CRS looks at all the things there. I still suspect that what you see is not a LIS incision, but I might be wrong - I mean , I would not be surprised if he invented some new technique LOL - they find our butts great "playgrounds" it seems LOL.
I do not have any pain related to LIS incision, did not have it first or this second time . This time around I "feel" pain on my right side but
I know it is "refereed" pain - it originates in my 6 o'clock fissure and
radiates to the right. If I did not knew better I would suspect LIS site - but I know fissure pain - it just can not be mixed with anything else : (.
Lecia - one more q. for you : ) ! You mentioned that you had 2 cent. piles removed inside and that it healed fast - how do you know when they heal ? Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61