how long before incision soreness gone?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: how long before incision soreness gone?

Postby Guest » 06 Sep 2008, 17:03

My incision site is getting better but I would say it never really got a chance to heal right because of the three times it was cut. The skin is still weak and can be troubled by any stool that is rough at all so I have to keep my bowels like mashed potatoes. But like I said I doubt yours will take as long because you won't be having to cut it open over and over.

I guess I figured I was healed on that side I had the papilla removed when it stopped hurting on the right side but since I had so much pain on the left side from the hemorrhoidectomy it was difficult to tell, but I do distinctly remembering that that pain was the first to go but I was pretty swollen still even though it didn't hurt after a few weeks.

You two are gonna do great-you have no impediments that will keep you from healing but it is like watching grass grow and you might not notice a difference from day to day so maybe just evaluate the difference every week and I think you will see you are getting better. I know how horribly frustrating it is though.

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Sep 2008, 00:17

Thanks buddy for taking time to answer my question Image :sprinkleheart: and thank you for believing in my healing . It is so nice to hear, but I know that some more things will be needed to be done - like closing that non healing gap that formed in place of my x-tag. The only way he can do it is by cutting that place again and putting stitches - at least that is what is my logic telling me Image . The gap is deeper and deeper since new separate tags are forming on each side Image Image Image - LOL, I don't know should I laugh or should I cry or maybe something else Image.
Thanks again baby-Lecia - hope you are doing fine Image !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby pinky » 07 Sep 2008, 01:44

I thought the twinges and soreness will be gone after the fissure has healed.now im even more upset.i dont want to be in pain again.im so fed up of this fissure
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2008, 09:05

Everyone's experience is different and we are some of the worse case scenarios on here because a lot of people who healed just fine don't need the board as much anymore. So please don't let us discourage you. Plus many of us had other rectal issues that had to be surgically dealt with that delayed healing.

Postby Jen » 07 Sep 2008, 11:59

Pinky -
I have had zero twings or sorness comming from my chronic fissure site since LIS. I used to have dailey pinching there, painless spasms, and a full tear ever couple months with lots of blood & pain. Now, 2 weeks post LIS, I only have soreness & mild pain (which can usually be delt with motrin) coming from my incision site. I am only hope & pray that this will stop soon. I have read many posts that say it takes 6-8 weeks for some peoples incisions to heal.
Please don't let this scare you. LIS helps heal 95% of fissures!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 07 Sep 2008, 12:13

Pinky,

to put it into perspective there have only been 142 registered on this board. We are from all over the world. Just think for a minute how many people have LIS every day. And 95% of those people all over the world work perfectly.Its us ongoing sufferers who are not normal!! Image Please dont be put off by our experiences. Even though i have ongoing problems, LIS was still the best decision i ever made and it got rid of all my spasm pain. Compared to the fissure LIS is truly easy - honestly! I'm the biggest coward ever when it comes to hospitals, needles and blood, but i got through it just fine and you will too, i promise .Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Sep 2008, 13:12

I agree with Lecia, Val and Jen, Cindy - there is no reason for you not to be one of those 95 %. Actually, when LIS is done correctly , the healing is 100 %. I am not healing because they are afraid to cut sufficiently and even after 2 LIS surgeries I still have spasms and of course my healing is hindered !!!
As Val said - I still do not regret my first LIS - gave me my life back . All major pain was gone in a second and later discomfort was really minor in comparison to initial fissure pain. I wanted to make it perfect and decided to have another surgery and it did not went well - AGAIN , because LIS was not done sufficiently and all other procedures made my butt go into the spasm - double whammy !!!!!
Don't take us "failed" successes as an example - look at all those that healed !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 08 Sep 2008, 17:10

Hi Jen,
I took about 2 mos for the stinging to go away. I had a 3 wk post-op and the dr said that the incision had healed nicely. I thought to myself, why does it still sting then?? The stinging gradually dies down over the next few weeks and was gone by month 2. the area still stings every now and then, but i just move around a little and it stops. i wonder if there is such a thing as nerve memory, because mine nevers int eh are seem to have a hard time forgettingthe pain and realizing they're healed.
Hope you feel better soon.
Chris
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby pinky » 09 Sep 2008, 01:10

thanks val,fiss,jen and Lecia.i will stay positive and hope for the best.u guys r the best. Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6