I healed my 12 year anal fissure!

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

I healed my 12 year anal fissure!

Postby Qtbutton28 » 29 Jul 2016, 09:48

I had suffered from a horrible fissure for just over 12 years. I thought I had tried everything: creams, numbing agents, laxatives, etc. I knew I had constipation problems, but every laxative I tried my body seemed to ignore. The only one I hadn't tried was Miralax as I thought, if the extra strength stimulant laxatives won't work, why would this mild one help? I was getting ready to consider surgery. :roll:
But OH MY GOSH it has healed me!!! It took about 2 days for it to kick in (bottle says it can take up to 3), but once it did everything improved- and fast. It doesn't make you have to go urgently, but makes your bowel so soft that when you get the urge you can barely feel it coming out!
The bowel doesn't stretch the anus while it's leaving your rectum. I was scared to death the first time I had a BM while on this medication because of the torture I had endured for over a decade prior. However, I was pleasantly surprised. There was some mild discomfort the first 2 days I was on it, but by day 3 it was smooth sailing.
If you're struggling with a fissure from constipation I seriously recommend you try miralax. Give it at least 3 days to make things comfortable and I doubt you'll be disappointed. I've been on it for 2 months now and I would have never known I ever had a problem! My doctor says it's safe for long term use- the even suggest it for infants. You might want to speak with yours about it if you're taking any other meds or have health issues, but for me it's been a real life saver!
Another tip- while you're sitting on the toilet try to rest our feet on a small stool or something (I tip the trash can on its side and rest my feet on that!) all you need is to get your knees slightly above your hips while you're sitting. This makes it easier for the poo to come out without straining. Happy healing! :smilyhug:
Qtbutton28
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: I healed my 12 year anal fissure!

Postby pinpin » 05 Aug 2016, 08:40

Welcome to forum and thank you sharing your success story!
I am really happy you have beat that nasty issue! Happy healing and living!
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good