Fissure after forceps delivery

Painful

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Internal Anal Fissure

Postby patience_and_healing » 15 May 2017, 12:11

I'm sorry you are in pain again. Fissures are tricky things. Just when you think you're feeling better they cause pain once more. Maybe try and minimize sitting until you can handle it better?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 May 2017, 12:24

Just a thought I was advised not to sit on a donut cushion as it spreads the cheeks and can aggravate a fissure by centralising pressure on that area.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby FissureVictim » 15 May 2017, 12:29

Thank P n H,

Hi MPB, actually I am sitting on donut pillow and it actually helps a lot but when it's already stinging, it's worst
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 17 May 2017, 22:40

Hi I'm also breast feeding my 4 week old ds I got my first got my fissure when my 3.5 year old ds was born an my fissure comes an goes every month since now I'm breast feeding again I'm struggling to get it to heal I also have a very painful skin tag when woman are breast feeding not only do they get constipated more easily but their estrogen is very low which causes the skin to dry an crack or damage easily an makes the skin not heal well this is what my midwife told me but since I keep getting my fissure back even when not breast feeding due to low estrogen at certain times of the month I feel like i cant avoid it I'll probably get surgery offer I stop breastfeeding it's recking my life. I'm using lax sachets an rectogisic cream which helps relax the muscle which increases blood flow to help with healing but my stools are soft everyday an it still won't heal. What pills are you taking that are making baby sleepy?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby FissureVictim » 18 May 2017, 01:03

I don't know the name of pill, but that was painkiller, I took them for a week or so, not more than that.

Try to do sitz bath as much as possible. My fissure was healing outside. My surgeon asked me to put ointment lil bit inside. Now from a week I am again not able to sit since when I started to put ointment lil inside.

My stools are soft, I don't have spasms but it really stings when I sit and it continues for a while even after that.
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Please Help!!

Postby FissureVictim » 19 May 2017, 00:48

I haven't been constipated as I mentioned above. But I am having this needle twitch feeling here n there and slight stinging throughout the day :(

My BM is soft, no pain during BM. But why this is happening?? No change in diet at all....

I have four and half month old baby, it's difficult to let my family members take care of him this long...

Please please help me why this is happening... I feel like I am not getting away with this fissure :,(
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 19 May 2017, 19:02

I'm so sorry you are still in pain :( You are not alone in this painful journey. Many of us here are riding the same rollercoaster of no pain one day and then pain the next few days. There is healing at the end of the journey for you, I'm sure you will get there eventually. Have you considered getting Botox for the fissure?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby FissureVictim » 19 May 2017, 19:07

I heard that botox has low rate of success. So I am worried :(
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 19 May 2017, 19:42

Are you considering lis? I am because after having this come an go every month or 2 for the last 3.5 years is destroying my life people can't live like this the muscle is just to tight in general that's why it's healed then out of no where it's back stress an tension don't help but sometimes your stressed an have tention without knowing it till bam back to square one. I'm over it its making me depressed I have a 4 week old that's enough on my plate.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby FissureVictim » 19 May 2017, 19:56

Sorry to hear that missy moo...

I am also feelig very depressed with this back and forth drama. My DS is 4 n half months old. I am glad that my mom and in laws are with me in Canada and taking care of my baby and cooking n all stuff. But how long?? But I just want to cure with Nifedipine and sitzbath... don't want to go for botox or LIS... :( I am too scared.

Hopefully god shows me some way to come out of this life consuming fissure :,(
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion