Fissure after forceps delivery

Painful

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Internal Anal Fissure

Postby FissureVictim » 20 May 2017, 09:45

Thanks PnH for the info. I think last week I had very loose BM couple of times and that's what aggravated my fissure. Yesterday as well, I had 2nd half loose BM in the noon and the stinging started along with that. :,(
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 20 May 2017, 16:38

Hey you need to figure out how much fiber an softeners to take an when I take lax sachets I think they are called movical or miralax in out her country's alot of people swear by this stuff. You need your stool to not be to loose or to hard somewhere in between once you figure out what creates that for you stick to it everyday. I'm trying not to have to movements a day because the second one always takes my progress backwards. The botox only lasts 3-6 months I think but for me while pregnant my fissure was healed for 5 months an it can back it takes a year to heal completely so for me I think the botox wouldn't work if a fissure have been around for ages the muscle gets stronger an tighter like any muscle that gets alot of work outs then you would need to release the over tightness that's basically where I am i believe. I wish we could just be finished with this all other wounds heal an you don't have to deal with them forever!!!
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby FissureVictim » 22 May 2017, 12:49

Hello friends,

Since last week I had couple of times very loose BM. I think it irritated my healing fissure. :( I also tried to put vasaline lil bit further and ointment as well, I guess that also irritated it. On top of that, I felt lil stinging while sitting but continued sitting. I thought that if I continue sitting, my body will get adjusted to that (how vague of me).

Today is 3rd day that I am taking pain killers :( I make sure to have 2 BM's a day. Wierd thing is, it doesn't hurt while BM but spasms start after 2nd BM. Also, my stool will be soft at the beginning of 2 nd BM but 2nd half will be little watery which irritates my fissure. I don't know wheather should I consider it as diarrhea or not.

I still take lactulose 20ml twice a day but stopped veggies and today morning lil hard tip at the beginning of my first BM then the rest is soft. (Sorry for too much explanation )

It's been 2 n half hours post BM and still no spasms. But I am afraid I may get them after 2nd BM in the evening again :(

I am keeping botox and then surgery in line. But my surgeon said that she won't do anything unless my BM's are consistent without constipation or diarrhea. Coz no treatment will be effective if BM's are not consistent. But last one month my BM's were soft and consistent and felt so much better and she also said that I am healing, so no other procesure required.

It's like catch 22, without soft stool it's waste to get either botox or surgery. With soft stool it automatically heals... I always be consistent with my BM's and once after a month or so I get lil constipated or lil bit loose stool and bang!! I am back to square one (hopefully not square one :( ). I am tired. What should I do?? Plz help
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby FissureVictim » 22 May 2017, 12:55

And btw, it itches like hell around anus, and some times on the fissure as well. I couldn't help but scratched area around anus and now I am afraid if that caused setback. I am so stupid :(

I will call my surgeon tomorrow and ask for some anti itch cream to apply. It's long weekend in Canada now.
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 May 2017, 13:25

Hi just wanted to say if possible try and find a different CRS I had two that refused to do LIS as I have crohns and cannot get my BMs consistent in any way really.
I found a lovely CRS had LIS 6 months ago and if I have one normal BM a day then I am totally pain free. My fissure has healed even though I have had many times over the 6 months when I have had lots of watery acidic BMs and I have also been constipated.
You can heal if you have Botox or LIS it may take a while if you can't control your BMs but you should still heal fully.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby FissureVictim » 22 May 2017, 13:29

Thanks MPB, I am scared if botox heals me completely or not as my fissure is a result of vaginal birth with forceps which is more traumatic than constipation alone. I think my muscles will be more tighter than the other cases. :(
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 May 2017, 14:24

Oh goodness that sounds painful but on the plus side If yours was caused by something outside your body then theoretically it should respond better to the treatment as your body didn't get this way over years it was one traumatic event.
Botox is always worth a try and there are members on here who have healed through Botox.
Have you had your sphincter tone tested at all yet. Maybe you could ask for that test to be done.
Mypoorbutt

Postby FissureVictim » 22 May 2017, 14:30

Mpb, I didn't!!

Will ask my surgeon this time to test.. thanks though ..
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 May 2017, 14:33

It's a good idea to get it done they do it as standard here in the U.K. In fact you can get Botox or LIS if your resting pressure isn't high. It's just a thought as if it's really high then LIS might be the better option.
Mypoorbutt

Postby FissureVictim » 22 May 2017, 14:36

Oh ok.... I never heard of that test before!!! Well known CRS appointment has 18 months waiting here ☹️ Pathetic wait time in Canada
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion