Just had botox injections

Botox injections

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Just had botox injections

Postby sugarspice » 10 Dec 2013, 06:59

DAY 41

09.45 - Constipated, even though my diet is the same and I am on 40mls lactulose, what gives? On and off the toilet as had a terrible urge to go but it wasn't coming out. In the end I had to push a bit as I couldnt sit for hours with my little girl downstairs, a lot came out, tons and tons! Now i'm very uncomfortable with shooting pains, but no burning pains.

The worst part about my diary today is that my 3 year old now has a fissure....can you believe?!? It is nowhere near as bad as mine and we are doing everything in our power to keep it that way. She had to go to hospital last night to have it checked and they have given lactulose, cream etc. Mortified :( The worst thing is that I have switched over to soluble fibre and now I am constipated! I don't know what I should or shouldnt be giving my daughter to eat now. I need to see a nutrionist for both of us asap. Totalnightmare.com
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Zodiak » 11 Dec 2013, 07:19

Have you spoken to you GP about diet? Mine had very little clue, I ended up with my list through research and experimentation.
The first to go was rice, every time I had that it was soft stools but HUGE bulk which really hurt.
After that I found that things were only an issue if they stayed in my colon overnight, and that was bread, potato in any form other than baked, and pasta.
I seem to be relatively safe with salad tortilla wraps at lunch time and baked beans and jacket potato (including the skin) with dinner. Occasionally I have Tesco all day breakfast in a tin type baked beans for lunch and it doesn't see to be a problem either.
Zodiak
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby sugarspice » 11 Dec 2013, 13:40

DAY42

18.00 - A 4 BM, pretty much pain free. A few hours after this though I had the bad burning pain which lasted about an hour. I had worn jeans which always does it, I think it makes the area too hot and compact. I had 'another' sitz bath, took paracetamol and that seemed to do the trick.

DAY43

10.00 - A 4 BM, pretty much pain free, can't get to sitz bath as baby asleep upstairs, but need to asap!

17.00 - A 4 BM, pain free to go but pain afterwards and sore and itchy, had to take pain relief

Day 44

07.00 - A 4 BM, pain free to go but pain afterwards, sore & itchy, had to take pain relief

19.00 - A 4/5 BM, pain free to go, don't know about after pain as went to bed!

DAY 45

10.00 - A 5 BM, sore to go, itchy and sore afterwards but no pain.

DAY 46

11.00 - A 4 BM, sore and itchy afterwards but no pain going, had to push a bit though ...eek :-(

DAY 47

08.30 - A 5/6 BM, no pain to go but have noticed a nasty hem which I think is what is causing all the itching!

DAY 48

09.30 - A 5/6 BM, pain to go but not sure if hem or fissure, feels as though might be hem...fingers crossed.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sugarspice » 18 Dec 2013, 07:17

DAY 49

09.15 - A '5' BM, slight burning pain going and afterwards but it didn't last and I didn't need pain killers!
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 18 Dec 2013, 14:36

Hi SS

Sounds like you still have some troubles, allthough I reckon you are in a much better place than before botox.
Just keep fighting and remember it takes a long time. Im still having soreness from time to time, and Im 6 months post botox.

Regarding your 3 yo, then fissures in kids usually resolves in days, without much pain. Im sure she will be 100% OK in no time.

How is your diet and stools these days?
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Rachael 1984 » 19 Dec 2013, 04:12

Hi Sugar,
Sorry about the Hem.How is your little one doing? I do hope there has been some improvement. Like J said, this takes a long time and is a hell roller coaster. Keep fighting, I know you will. Xxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby sugarspice » 19 Dec 2013, 06:52

DAY 49

08.30 - A 5/6 BM, sore to go but not sore afterwards, hooray!

Hi lovely people, thank you JHH, I have read about fissures in children and agree with you, I am so relieved it's much more easily resolved. Bless her, I have shifted her over to a more soluble rather than insoluble diet and that has helped immensley, plus her rash is starting to go. She had a swab taken too so waiting for the results on that. My fissure has paled into existence after finding out about hers, like most parents I'd rather break every bone in my body than my children be ill! Thanks Rachael, I am now in the mindset that it takes ages, I re-read JHH diary from time to time to remind myself of that! lol. Diet still the same and having 5 & 6 BMs again thank goodness. I have an NHS appointment on Christmas Eve to discuss possible next steps X
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sugarspice » 20 Dec 2013, 08:28

DAY 50

Day 50 ..OMG! - A 4 BM, not sore to go, sore afterwards but think is the hem

DAY 51

09.00 - A 6 BM not sore to go but sore afterwards
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sugarspice » 22 Dec 2013, 07:56

DAY 52

09.15 - A 6 BM, slight burning pain when going and afterwards, but it only lasted a few minutes

DAY 53

08.30 - A 5/6 BM, no pain going or afterwards!! Wowzers!
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sugarspice » 24 Dec 2013, 12:46

Just seen CRS at NHS hospital and I'm sad to say he was pretty useless, I seemed to know more than him! He suggested I go back to a normal diet to save my dentist bill (as only carbs my fissure can handle are refined) and just increase the amount of laxitives I have, I am already on 40mls lactulose a day. He suggested I try movicol and also gave me a different cream, I tried rectogisc before which made things worse. To be honest I am reluctant to try his suggestions. He also told me there was no difference between soluble and insoluble fibre when it comes to fissures.....rubbish! He wants to put me under aneasthetic again in 6 weeks time to have a look, but said it's unlikely he will perform LIS, so why is he bothering?! Wish I could see my original CRS but it's so expensive :-(

Anyway on a much happier note a very Merry Christmas to all my AFF pals, finding this forum has helped me so much this year. All the best to you all xxx

:?:
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist