Just had botox injections

Botox injections

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Just had botox injections

Postby Rachael 1984 » 30 Dec 2013, 15:25

Hi sugar,
I am sorry about the bad experience with the CRS, can you ask to see someone else? Demand a second opinion. You are entitled to it..... Your pain levels are okay at the moment though? Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby sugarspice » 30 Dec 2013, 16:20

Thanks Rachael that's what my husband said, maybe I will. Yes pain levels are more than managable, but I don't want to leave it and go back to aquare one again :-( How are you? X
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby sugarspice » 31 Dec 2013, 11:48

DAY 60/2 MONTHS

10.00 - Started as a 4 BM, turned in to a 6. Pain as stool passed fisurre site (pain level: 3/10) and then pain afterwards which lasted a long time, had to take pain relief, would say 5/10. I 'think' the after pain was the hem more than the fissure.

DAY 61

Upset tummy throughout day, bloated and gassy. Two 4 BM's that didn't hurt to go or afterwards which surprised me, but can still feel the warmth/mild pain of the fisusure if that makes sense?

DAY 63

10.00 - A 4/5 BM, no pain going or directly afterwards, but started to hurt around 11.30, then had to take pain relief, think the pain is a combination of the fissure and a possible hem, but it's hard to tell.
Last edited by sugarspice on 03 Jan 2014, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 01 Jan 2014, 16:43

Hi sugar,
No you definitely don't want the pain to be too bad again... I am having okay days and really bad days. I know that the Botox only acted as a band aid for me. I have my appointment on the 13th Jan with the CRS, I just hope he plans to do something to end this hell. It is affecting every part of my life. I hate it. It has been a year and 3 months for me now, and enough is enough..... I do hope you can get an answer soon, maybe with another CRS. Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby sugarspice » 02 Jan 2014, 14:56

Ooh you poor thing Rachael :-( Over a year...OMG! Let us hope that this hell ends for us this year...thumbs up to that!
How long was it before the bad pain came back after the botox?
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 02 Jan 2014, 17:15

Yes, I really need it to end this year! I had the Botox last April and my pain started again around sept time. I had about 3 weeks in total where I felt almost normal back there. The CRS even said himself that mine is a very chronic case.... That's why I think I need surgery. Don't get me wrong the Botox did work to relax my muscle and I felt a difference when having a BM, just not enough to heal. I have a Fissure at 7o'clock (which is the most painful) and another at 5 o'clock, so the monsters are opposite each other? Sigh. This is where the most pain has always been. You can see my Botox Hem diary in the LIS surgery section.... Yes, I had hems too, but they are gone now after having banding when I had the Botox. This didn't help as it added to the pain. Plus I had a thrombosed external hem, but that has since gone down too. No straining for me ever again.... I have managed to get my IBS under control with the FODMAP plan and overall my IBS is the best it has been in over 10 yrs. now just to kill these Fissures once and for all.......... The saga continues.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby sugarspice » 03 Jan 2014, 11:15

God lord! You poor poor thing, our cases sound quite similar, what a total nightmare. New bums all round please!
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 03 Jan 2014, 16:26

Yes where can we buy new lower bodies? Don't care what it looks like as long as it's Fissure free!

Hope you are doing okay? Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby returnofpuzzledbutt » 04 Jan 2014, 09:30

Lol! Ive watched "im a celebrity get me out of here" and thought to myself , look at that perfectly good anus they are eatting, i wish i had it instead of my broken one!! Omg! Things r bad!! Lol! Xxxxx
returnofpuzzledbutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby sugarspice » 05 Jan 2014, 14:33

:rofl: Puzzled butt that's so funny! I totally agree, I also think about that guy from Man v's Food, Adam someone, who eats and eats really bad food but is fissure free! How is that fair? lol

10.00 - 4.5.6 BM, started as a 4, same old story. Didn't hurt to go but was sore and uncomfortable afterwards.

4.1.13 - Saw my original CRS today (who did my botox) and he said I need to start using the new diaz hydro cream, he thinks I can heal the fissure on my own now. This made me feel confident as I did explain every other BM bleeds and is painful, but he still thinks it. He knew the NHS guy I saw and said he wouldn't be able to do the injections without a consultant present which made me feel even better. The NHS guy said I should be seen in Feb and hopefully they will give me more botox 'if' it is needed that is.

Probably won't be able to update for a while as our house is going up for sale this week, so will have a lot to do! I will post updates though, just not daily ones.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist