LIS No. 2

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS No. 2

Postby cherylk » 26 Oct 2008, 11:00

One good thing about getting older, eventually your PMS, cramps, and all other ailments related to periods will be GONE. But then we have to start worrying about our bones, so it is a tradeoff. When you guys are having your periods, try to focus on the fact that your estrogen is keeping your bones strong. Maybe in that way you can not dislike those times as much. I had to take meds for cramps, so it is a very welcome relief to be done with all of that!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby pinky » 26 Oct 2008, 15:27

oh Fissy dear,so sorry you are having new problems.youve done your research well.let me know if you need any information.
it must be causing tummy pain as well.hows your butt behaving? Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby lars » 26 Oct 2008, 19:29

I am so sorry that you have new problems as well :( Hope you feel better soon :)
Yes how is your butt behaving these days? hugs
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Oct 2008, 20:00

Hi my buddies Image Image Image !!!!
Thanks for comforting words and care :lovetree: !!! I am still reading all that I can find on the net and there is a TON of it - so I will be definitely ready with about 250 questions when I have my app. in 2 weeks LOL.
Cheryl - I would take menopause any day over this Image
Patty - so nice to see you here agin Image
Corsi - hope your PMS is M now Image
Pinky - thanks for offered help Image
Lars - I saw that you had one pain free day - it is just fantastic Image - they will be more and more often - you will see !!! Image
Now - I know that all are dying to hear how my butt is Image Image - but since it is kind
off unwritten rule here to say (or it is a said rule not to write LOL) that one is well or butt will make a famous "come-back revenge" - I will just put a smily instead Image
and of course some of Tabby's famous "gremlin code" &^((*^&%{ **}+++
LOVE TO ALL - and I wish you all happy healing Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2008, 08:47

&^((*^&%{ **}+++ - A smile will do the job Fiss ! say no more ! - &^((*^&%{ **}+++
Hows the tummy now ?
:chore:

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Oct 2008, 13:33

Hey buddy Image - thanks for asking. It is much better now - this Prilosec thing really works ! I have 3 more tablets (3 more days) to finish the course and I hope it will not return Image . I also have my herbal teas - Yarrow did great job - one cup first thing in the morning !!! My guts calmed down too, I really think that I had too much fiber in my diet , and I now take only one spoon of smooth texture Metamucil a day and that is all. Coffee is unfortunately still a no-no - I would go to poop in no time LOL, even with decaf. But , it is OK. Tradeoff is that I can now eat absolutely everything - pasta, cheese, eggs - you name it - my poop is all the same - medium soft Image - so I will try to enjoy this period in that regard LOL. I am now PMS-ing BIG time - I am cramping "back and front" and it is no fun Image as we girls know that. Even my Sis started getting into the menopause at 44 - WHY AM I THE ONLY FREEK IN THE FAMILY ?????
How are you doing my "Tubby" ? I hope all is well "south of the belly-button" ; )) ! How is weather ? We still are in short sleeves here !I hope you have no pain whatsoever : ) !!!!!!!
Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2008, 15:15

Thanks Fiss Image
I am so pleased to hear your tummy is settling down, I know you are right :D Total overload that could have been brewing for weeks ! You are absolutely on the right track now …Thank goodness but now you have PMS Image …I had it bad the last time like you say everywhere :( I used a hot bottle wedged 24/7 it helps… Menopause !! WTF Fiss !! What is this madness all about…I hope the PMS eases up for you very soon Image
The weather… Funny you ask !!! It is sooo cold , British summer time has just ended - Hello cosy darkness just like that !! We are forecast for snow and gales this evening/tomorrow Image lots of soup and hot bottles I think !
Sounds cosy where you are Fiss, what are your winters like ? I miss that warm sunshine and wearing a nice dress :arwen:

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Oct 2008, 15:27

Hey! I wore shirt sleeves today!! Image
But not tomorrow, it's supposed to get into the 30's F tomorrow!!!
Go Prilosec!! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Oct 2008, 18:10

Hah - they forecasted rain for Halloween Image today ????!!!! That is just crazy - we had NO rain for the whole summer - not a single drop ! That is why we had so many wild fires that were still burning down around San Diego : (. AND NOW, when all kids are ready for trick-or-treat and have ultra light costumes - RAIN is coming out of the blue Image !!!
Tabby - winters are very mild in CA, especially where I live. There is never snow and frost is real anomaly - makes us all freak out about our citrus trees and many annuals that in this climate are perennials. My roses never go to dormancy and it is kind of nice BUT, they need major pruning in february - that is when all plants start to bud again. Than I have not only to cut them back but to MANUALLY take every single leaf off LOL- to mimic winter ha ha. It is major task when one has 40 something rose bushes Image and the crazy butt !!!! BUT, maybe this spring my butt will cooperate Image !!! During day in January temps are around 50 F, and at night they go to 40, on rare occasions 36! But you can also have warmer periods than that. Winter can have a lot of rain about every 7 years , but usually not much. My birches are still not even turning the color. They will have their leaves gone in November but would bud at the end of February . It is just perfect climate for gardening - I even grow Kohili Ginger that I brought back from Hawaii !!!!
Thanks my buddies for being happy for me and Prilosec Image !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2008, 20:31

Image Abominable Snowman says: Yea Fissy! Glad you've got 2 out of three things situated and we'll get that third one figured out soon too!

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?