My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby Newtothispain12 » 04 Apr 2017, 18:35

I am new to this board and learning how it works. I'm a 35yo. female, wife, mother of 2 and homeschool teacher. I am on my 3rd fisure in a year but the pain this time is so bad I feel like vomiting and passing out. I am trying preperation h but it doesn't seem to help. Mine are caused by frequent diarrhea from spastic colon. I'm looking for tips on how to manage and heal and just to encourage and be encouraged.
Newtothispain12

Postby GilmoreGirl » 04 Apr 2017, 19:25

Newtothispain - prep h just won't do it for you. Ask your doctor about a cream like nifedipine or nitroglycerin to help relax the muscle and promote blood flow. Also, most importantly, ask for a referral to a colorectal surgeon asap! They have both conservative and surgical options for dealing with this - they are the experts and general practitioners tend to drop the ball on this kind of thing.

In the meantime, keep stools soft but not diarrhea, if you can. This may mean ignoring the traditional advice of stool softners - If you have diarrhea - i was in the same boat. Do the best you can with diet and medication to reduce bowel movement frequency, and I found for me that a soft but FORMED bm was easiest on the area. Warm baths, especially after bowel movements, and a heating pad on the area really helped me with pain.

Are you having pain 24/7 or only during bm? If you are in constant pain, I would maybe ask about an oral painkiller until you can get this dealt with, something to ask the surgeon about. An opioid base painkiller would probably really help you with the diarrhea (although I had a temporary increase. in D during withdrawal after a month).

Hope that helps! See a CRS for SURE. This pain won't last foreve!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Katie » 10 Apr 2017, 13:56

So this Thursday will be 12 weeks from my op! I'm having a lot more good days then bad! If I go to the toliet were it comes out fast and really soft it's great there is nothing! No pain or anything and I get on with my day! But if I go to the toliet and it's more formed and comes out slow it feels achy for a few hours after! I can feel I still have a little area that is not 100% healed from the skin tag being taken away and I believe my fissure is linked to it. after the 2nd time of going to the toliet today I felt inside was a little sore as I went to the toilet I'm so scaryed my tear is still there and not healing!!!!!!! Or could be the wound from my fistula! Feeling sore! It's been 4 hours since I went to the toilet and I'm not in pain and there is no throbing it just feels a little sore!! I'm starting to feel a bit down again as 12 weeks on I through I would be 100% better but from talking to people I know it takes time!! Seeing my surgeon on the 9th may what do people think think thankyou for reading x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby zinnia » 19 Apr 2017, 18:24

Katie- how are you feeling? I am 12 days post op and getting sore again. Just curious as to your process and hope all is well!
zinnia
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Katie » 28 Apr 2017, 16:06

I'm about 14 weeks post op I go to one or two weeks then get a few sore days then get good again!!! But I'm not 100% healed yet! What op did you have same as me?? Thanks for asking I'm on 2 movercol a day/lactulose and coconut oil at night what do u have? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 09 May 2017, 15:37

Saw my surgeon today to see how things are since my op in Jan she said my fistula is healed but she can still see my tear so being booked in for more bottox and cream!! She said the skin looks healthy!! Z
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 29 May 2017, 22:19

Katie how are you now? Are you have you had the fissurectom skin tag removed an botox this is what i msy likely be facing very soon. Would you say you would do it all again is like so much better now compared to before surgery also how long had you had your fissure an was it in the front or back? Thank you so much
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Katie » 15 Jun 2017, 14:00

Hi sorry just seen this message I'm 5 months on from my last op I'm still healing my fistula is healed but I do still have my tear so now back on cream and more bottox booked in for July! !!! It's never ending x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 15 Jun 2017, 17:19

Sorry to hear that Katie would you say when the botox is active it's much better ever just for that time?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Katie » 02 Aug 2017, 04:31

I had another bottox injected on the 13th July! It kicked in under a week which was great but still does feel tender if I go to the toliet more then once which I do some days due to the movercol I'm on! My surgeon don't think she will do another if this don't work so I feel I would have to go for the lis op! My surgeon does not like doing these but she will have to pass me on to another surgeon if she does not wait to do it!!! It's my body! Feeling down about the whole thing been under the hospital a year and a half now!!! But been dealing with this on and off 12 years Will this ever end!!!!!!!!
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist