My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby Katie » 09 Mar 2017, 05:11

I did not have lis I had a fissurectomy clean up of my fissure and fistula cut open and layed open
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby GilmoreGirl » 09 Mar 2017, 06:53

I'm sorry! Thought it was LIS + fistula! How are things going?!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Katie » 09 Mar 2017, 10:56

Just wanted to see really what the percentage was after people have these ops! Good days and bad days 7 weeks today xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 15 Mar 2017, 14:01

So it's been 8 weeks tomorrow and so far fingers crossed I have had 7 good days in a row! But after i go to the toliet I'm so intchy!!!!???? But I was brought up knowing intchy means healing?? But worryed about bottox wearing off x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 15 Mar 2017, 15:02

Great! Itch is good I'd say! I'd love to have itch lolol!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby FromCroatia » 16 Mar 2017, 17:13

Katie wrote:On Sunday my bm was harder and there for i had a day of pain!!!! After feeling much better for a week! So feeling sad, and today is sore again :( I think the key is to make sure your bm is soft everyday and that's hard to do what do people used? Also for a few weeks I have been getting pressure at the bottom of my back after a bm??? Have hospital again next week X

Dear Katie,
I am 4 days post LIS surgery.
I was fighting fissure for very long time. My last BMs were completely terror - I had to push like I was giving a birth. I was sweating in drops over my face so imagine... Long time spasms caused that my sphincter was too tight that I almost could not do any BM. I was feeling kike everything is tearing down there. I was bleeding, struggling in pain and tears. Surgery was the only and last option for me or this one fissure would cause me another one... Find a good surgeon and go for it.
FromCroatia
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Katie » 04 Apr 2017, 00:52

FromCroatia read back I have had two ops so far! X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 04 Apr 2017, 00:59

Up date this Thurs will be 11 weeks since my last op! I had a run of 19 days with out pain throught I had beat it but since last Thursday after going to the toliet it's been sore!! I had three wounds two inside and one outside so I can only see the outside one which was my skin tag removed ! Which I would saw is about 80% healed and it's that that is sore! My fissure is linked to it so I'm now thinking that's not healed all the way!!!! Called up the hospital as think my bottox has wore off and I'm not due to see my surgeon again until the 9th may! Any throught? ?? Is 11 weeks still early to heal? I'm I freaking out for no reason will it ever heal 100% I'm still taking my movacol everyday and coconut oil toliet soft but get the odd day it might be bigger and more formed so puts pressure on whole area :( thanks for reading xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Apr 2017, 01:16

Hi Hun
I'm sure that 11 weeks is still a bit soon for total healing especially as you had 3 wounds to heal. Your body needs time and look how far you have come in those 11 weeks. I'm nearly 19 weeks and I still get bad days but compared to how I was it's a huge improvement. If you are worried about your wound then I would advise going to see your doc. But remember it's a very sensitive area that never really gets a rest. I'm sure you will have complete pain free healing very soon x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Katie » 04 Apr 2017, 10:13

Thankyou for your message hun means a lot xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist