My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Jan 2017, 16:29

Really really good luck Hun,
Will be thinking of you....I know you will be dreading it now but this is the op that will get you back to a life free of pain.
Hugs x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Katie » 18 Jan 2017, 16:31

Do u really think so?? I have have it in my head it's not going to work!!!!! But I know I should not think like that X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Jan 2017, 18:07

I'm sure it will be, I have never had a fistula thankfully but a few of my crohns friends have had them and as long as they are a simple fistula they seem to heal pretty quick and without too much pain....so hopefully you will be fine. It must be hard to get your hopes up after your last op but positive thinking can work wonders.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 20 Jan 2017, 02:14

Up date I had my surgery done yesterday the surgeon said it went will it was an open layed surgery going through my fissure into my fistula she said they was lots of infection and inflammation in my fistula and she could understand why is was so painful for me! She said she took My skin tags away at the bottom that I had and gave me more bottox! I left with no painkillers!!!!! But have booked in a home visit for today with my doctors, not been in any real pain yet but I have packing up inside which has been making me feel like I want to go to the toliet all the time!!!!!! I could not have a bath yesterday but can from today!!! I had a good sleep just woke up when I wanted to turn to make sure I did it slowly!!!! I am so worryed about going to the toliet and wondering what the pain will be like!! And so scaryed about getting an infection!!! I really need things to go smooth this time! So far I have stuck to one and a half movercol but will go up if I feel I need my toliet to be softer will know more once I have been x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Jan 2017, 04:21

So pleased it went well Hun and at least they gave you more Botox so you won't get any spasms. I'm sur now it all be layed open and the infection has been taken out that your pain will be a lot less. Never had a fistula so can only go on what friend have said but once you start having baths may be put some oregano oil in them, also be careful your BMs don't end up too soft either.
I'm sure this is the start of good things for you, your body will heal and you will soon be back to the old you. Just think by spring this will all be a bad memory Hun.
Fingers crossed for you x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 20 Jan 2017, 04:47

Thankyou hun the pain as gone up a bit now since I had a bath this morning which has scaryed me a bit !!!!! X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 20 Jan 2017, 13:53

Now on morphine for the pain still not been to the toliet packing still up there its so uncomfortable!!!! Do u think I should still leave it up there or take it out??? Bleeding a little really scared xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 21 Jan 2017, 16:53

Been to the toliet two times now and no real pain I can't believe it!! My toliet is hard as not been for a few days but it should get soft again now I have been fingers crossed things so well x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 21 Jan 2017, 17:43

Pain has started now it's like throbing but it's cos my toliet was hard as did not go for a few days just hope when it gets softer it will ease more x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 23 Jan 2017, 02:40

Lots of pain this morning after going to the toliet they are still not very soft so upped my movacol! I guess it will hurt for a bit as it's only been 4 days since my op! I guess it has to feel bad before it gets better!!! it's the thrumbing at the min as they have opened my tear back open to get to my fistula!!!! O hope its all worth it xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist