My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby Katie » 14 Nov 2016, 16:51

Does anyone else find movacol make them keep going to the toilet? ?X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Nov 2016, 17:17

Can you get your dr to refer you to a dietician or nutritionist to help you get some consistency with you BMs. I feel that one of the main reasons my fissure never healed was the fact of how often I was going to the toilet and hoe watery it was.
If you can somehow fix your BMs then your fissure will be easier to fix.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Katie » 15 Nov 2016, 14:40

Called my doctor today and she is giving me some cream to help with numb the pain after going to the toliet she is also going to call hospital tomorrow to call the surgeon office but I gave them a call today and they going to see if they can get me in to be seen earlyer then the 6th Dec I'm not coping very well keep crying feeling low and now having silly thoughts
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Nov 2016, 14:44

So glad your getting help and I'm sure they will see you quicker they can't just leave you like that not 5 weeks after the Botox they have to offer some help.
I have spent most of today crying in the bath...it's such an all consuming pain that we would be strange if we didn't cry. Try not to let it overtake you we are all here if you need to talk
Big hugs
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Katie » 15 Nov 2016, 15:14

Thankyou big hugs xxxxxx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 16 Nov 2016, 16:03

So after my first op has not worked I think I will be facing a lis op next does this really work??? Info from people that have had this done please would be great X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 20 Nov 2016, 07:01

Still in pain only a week and half to go still I see my surgon again I just can't seem to keep my bm sort! HELP!!! I now have more tears then before my fissurotomy and the pain is much greater but if she said lis is next I think I'm going to be worse with pain edvice please X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 23 Nov 2016, 12:55

Just back from the doctors to be told I now have a fistula!!!!! After my op and infection!! Omg info and help please X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby BuhTuglia » 23 Nov 2016, 22:10

Howdy.

Okay, I'm not actually going through what you're going through... not technically, I don't have a fissure and never have (and never hope to have one, of course.) Anyway, I do know a lot of what you've experienced, there are many similarities to what you have and what I have. Mainly, the poop part. My whole life revolves around poop. Around turds, shit, feces, crap, dookie, call it what you will. I stopped being polite about it years ago. Poop is my defining characteristic, at age 58. My world revolves around it. I examine it, pore over it... speculate about it. I am more intimately familiar with it than any human should ever have to be.

Anyway, I have nothing but sympathy for you; I know where you're coming from. This disease (and it's like) suck the very life out of you. Certainly any pleasure in life. Thank god for smartphones, I remember the old days when all I had to read in the bathroom was analog books or magazines. If I could get even minimum wage for the hours I've spent in the bathroom I'd be a rich man. Yeah, a rich man who still has a butt that don't work right.

Only one person in my life have I ever told the full details of my life, of my sickness, my disease. My aged mother, who is now 88 years old, and is the kindest most sympathetic person on the planet. Even she seems to have finally ran out of optimistic happy things to encourage me with lately, and I feel bad for doing that to her, but after forty years I'm out of ideas myself. This crap sucks, literally and figuratively. Enough is enough. There has gotta be more to life than pain, humiliation and poop.

Sorry, I intended that to be more encouraging. Anyway, wherever, whatever you are, I feel for you. Power to you. Good luck.

russell
BuhTuglia

Topics: 1

Postby Katie » 28 Nov 2016, 14:52

Found out I have a fistula now hospital want me to have an MRI done
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist