My Diary...

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My Diary...

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Jun 2016, 08:30

I am new to the forum but unfortunately not new to the problem of fissures and I am going through a rough spell ( understatement) myself. Sincere heartfelt good wishes to you. Hope you feel little better tomorrow
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Fissurefrustration » 14 Jun 2016, 15:48

thankyou Healing, I thought I'd post a quick update.

So my neighbors have been on holiday all week and I've had so much peace and quiet it's been lovely!!!

Healing is another matter as usual. my anterior midsection of just inside the sphincter just doesn't stretch with bowel movements. No spasms lasting hours like I used to get, just the sharp pain of going and a strong bruise feeling for around 20 minutes. I hate scar tissue with a passion!!!!

Not sure where I go from here but I'm making a conscious effort to remind myself how far I've come in 3 years.

positive vibes

FF x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Fissurefrustration » 15 Jun 2016, 17:23

On that note... Agony today on the loo and for an hour later!! No blood but still! Oww....

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 15 Jun 2016, 19:41

I am sorry to hear FF. Maybe a second opinion from another CRS about scar?
I am happy there is not blood and pain lasts an hour or less. Sending more good wishes your way.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Fissurefrustration » 23 Jun 2016, 10:44

Worst pain in a year post bm. We're talking acid like burning all around the sphincter and just inside. Just come off a run of night shifts which aren't good for me at all. I don't know what brought this on but I feel like I've got a burning match up there.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 23 Jun 2016, 18:38

Ouch! Sorry to hear. Have been all burny today myself so I fully hear you. Somehow walking with my legs spread apart helps me with this burny feel. I am planing to sit in the bath for a bit and also use my shower head to hose up my behind. Coconut oil helps a little too. I know it's been a long road for you. I have had fissures on and off for 30 years now so I know how you feel. Rooting for you.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Fissurefrustration » 26 Jun 2016, 09:57

this scratchy pain on bowel movement needs to do one and bugger off!!

I had a good feel 'up there' for the first time in a few months with lots of cream and I can feel exactly where the pain is coming from, the scar thats around ----------------- that long that extends from the 11 to 2 position where he cut old scar tissue away. I doubt there is anything that can be done for me now is there? I doubt I could live with this for the rest of my life - each bowel movement is still really painful as the stool goes over the scar tissue (which is on the sphincter!!) :(

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 27 Jun 2016, 04:29

had a look in the mirror for the first time post surgery (took a lot of courage) and I can see 2 more fissures at the 16:00 and 1pm position.

there seems to be a chunk of skin missing from the 12 position where a lot of pain is coming from, guessing he did that in surgery.

the fun never ends! loads of pain this morning. going to try to make it into work but will see how I go for the rest of the week.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Jun 2016, 05:36

Oh no Ff really hope the pain subsides...I used cell salts for 2 weeks after my Botox and fissurotomy and feel that they did help (would have been better if my crohns hadn't chosen to flare up) you have to take two every 20 mins-tapering down to 2 4x a day but it keeps it in the system...just thinking it might aid the healing if you have fresh wounds...I used calcium fluoride, silica, nat sulph and calcium sulphate, it was quite a lot of tablets but I do feel 3 weeks after the op that although they didn't heal it they did help and I guess when you get to a certain point even a bit of progress is great. It certainly stings less. I can imagine you have tried everything so if you have already done the cell salts sorry for repeating. Hope your day improves
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Fissurefrustration » 27 Jun 2016, 15:21

hey MPB, no I welcome any suggestions and thanks so much for contributing. I've not tried those and it's something I will look into. It's lovely to know I've got such a caring family on here.

FF

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration