My Diary...

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My Diary...

Postby Fissurefrustration » 30 Dec 2015, 08:59

Just seen I'm on page 37. unbelievable. Bad day today my bm was actually ok was just a lot larger than usual but didn't cause much discomfort and now it's agony a few hours on. Sharp shooting pains at the 11 position. Tried a sits bath and reached back to touch my sphincter and just a touch sends sharp pains. Sigh!!!!
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby felix » 01 Jan 2016, 18:06

Just wanted to say how crappy that is! I know that scar tissue can be a nightmare as my husband has a scar on his hand that is really painful if knocked so can only imagine what a sensitive area like your bum must feel like!! I wish I could suggest something more useful!!! Maybe a trip back to your consultant?
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 03 Jan 2016, 09:42

Scar tissue seems to be the bane of my life just now too. If I could find something to help this issue I could alleviate one third of my problems. Doesn't that sound sad?? Been thinking moisture, stretching (although when internal, really difficult), pain killers (what the hell). Seems every day is different. Friction when walking is the most difficult to get round. If I find something that helps I will let you all know. Btw, my surgeon doesn't seem to think scar tissue should be a problem???????
Deleted User 4175

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 Jan 2016, 11:53

What a bad few weeks! my life has been turned upside down. Not sure where else to turn.

Pain hasn't been my primary concern but it's still there. My issue at the moment is that I've moved out of dads officially now into my own pad in the same city but it feels like I'm a million miles away. On parting he cried, I cried and I felt like I abandoned him. We call every night and he says he misses me - I only moved to get on the ladder other wise prices would be unnafordable in my area in the coming months. This new house I'm in was built in 1950's and needs a LOT of work - the shower is awful and so post BM care is very difficult. I fear this emotional stress and lack of shower/routine will make things worse again - not to mention being put on perm nights at work!!! *sigh!*

Hope you all are ok and had a good new year.

FF x

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 13 Jan 2016, 17:57

Another day another microtear!

Same place as the old incision site just at the 11 position. Sigh sigh sigh. Felt a small twang on bm otherwise was OK. Then went to a meeting feeling sweaty and uncomfortable back there then walked it felt worse.

Home to sudocrem and a hot bottle! I'm praying this is only a minor setback :cry:

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 29 Jan 2016, 16:49

still not 100%. pain on and off over the course of my night shifts its weird though and seems to be triggered when I'm sweaty back there and i dab the sweat away with a tissue and the pain subsides? the sweat seems to mix with a bit of fecal leakage post-bm but not sure why that happens. weird.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 06 Feb 2016, 20:10

Mini microtear today but I could definitely feel it. Bm was south but just too big. No blood still just that sharp pinch pain then it's gone after 5 minutes. I feel I'm 95 percent there but these small setbacks just get me down something awful

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby owmybum » 13 Feb 2016, 18:09

:smilyhug: :smilyhug: :smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Fissurefrustration » 03 Mar 2016, 11:27

I have no idea what month I am post op now or how long it's officially been but I'm still in shock I'm not better... my bm got stuck for a few minutes today and it was hard and rough. Passed with a pinch of pain. Softest shower setting picked at a luke warm temperature and aimed at my sphincter. Felt ok but as it hit a slot around 11 pm and 1 pm it sent that sharp horrible pain right through me so shower got turned off. I'm so fed up!! Seeing my crs next week but I'm running out of options.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby brokenbottom » 04 Mar 2016, 11:13

Hello FF. Just wanted to say hello and say that I share your frustrations. I've been in daily pain for five months now - feel like there is no hope of it ever ending. What op did you have? I had botox two weeks ago but it seems like I'm worse not better. Haven't got a follow-up appointment for another six weeks. What on earth am I supposed to do until then? I find it difficult to walk most days, can't do anything but lie in bed most mornings when the pain kicks in after a BM. It's all just rubbish.
Suffered acute AFs since about 2010
2015 Chronic AF diagnosed
18/2/16 Botox (unsuccessful)
12/4/16 Lateral anal sphincterotomy and removal of polyp and two tags
brokenbottom
VIP

Topics: 3