My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2012, 12:25

Happy to say - second LIS was a success Image KTW lol lol !!!!!
NEVER EVER give up in trying to heal and get rid of this nonsense !!! Finding great surgeon is also of utmost importance !!!!!! ; ) I visited 5 CRSs before I found THE man who had NO problem finding WHAT was causing my fissure and wiling to invest time and expertise into my butt Image
He also was a "problem solver" and every "move" he did during my second surgery had a PURPOSE !
He performed my LIS with special scalpel that was shaped as a hook - goes in smoothly but "catches" muscle strands and cuts them on the way "back" out - that way they had NO chance to "connect" back after (which happened to me after first LIS - I healed soooo "perfectly" that I had NO scar tissue inside a muscle - NO evidence it was EVER preformed !!! ). He also cut my skin tag off even though it was not big . He wanted to make small "wadge" shaped "gap" that would make EXTRA tissue in that place but in "controlled way" and shape and make even my skin more "stretchable" in outer anus area (I have one extra fold lol) .
While every other CRS was scratching his /her head wondering of WHY I developed fissure again and was telling me just to "learn to live with it" Image Image , he first proved that fissure WAS there by making a photo during colonoscopy, and than made a plan of how to solve my problem once and for all after he in detail assessed MY PERSONAL anus lol lol. ; )))) I think that many CRSs apply "one for all" methods and such approach is not 100 % effective, especially not for patients who have some "odd" case !
Now - I can not stress enough importance of keeping your post -op site pampered for many, many months afterwards !!!!!! There was a detailed study that showed that anorectal area needs about EIGHT months to recover original thickness and strength after chronic fissure ! Yes, it heals in about 4-6 (8?) weeks but it just "closes up" in that period . Becoming as strong as it was before fissure is it seems is another matter all together Image
Be kinds to your butts Image - they went through so much hell :( , pumper them with healthy food, super hygiene and occasional cream if any irritation is there Image Be "safe" , be cool ; )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Davo » 20 May 2012, 12:49

Hi Fissulyna,
Glad your second surgery was a success and hopefully thats the end of your fissure ordeal!!
In regards to your previous post about the chance of re-tears being slim following LIS I think this all depends on how conservative your CRS is with his cut during surgery. If he is too conservative then re-tears are inevitable, if he cuts too much then you run the risk of incontinence.
If you are getting re-tears then the chances are the cut just isnt long enough and a second LIS may be necessary.
If the cut is exactly the same length as the fissure iteself then the chances of a re-tear are extremely slim.
Good luck with your healing
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby Davo » 03 Jun 2012, 09:15

POST LIS –Ten Weeks Post surgery
**Incision Wound Healing**
So I thought I would give you a quick update to let you know where I am.
As you may have read my fissure healed in about 10-14 days post LIS and confirmation of this was given at the four week follow up with my CRS.
At the the four week follow up my incision wound was still healing and granular tissue was visible from the wound. Whilst this did not really cause any problems very occasionally I would feel a very mild irration after a BM however this only lasted for about a minute at a time. My CRS told me that this would take a further 4-6 weeks to heal and low and behold at 6 weeks the granulation tissue finally disappeared and the wound sealed up therefore to summarise my fissure healed in about 2 weeks and the incision wound in about 10 weeks.
Hope everyone is feeling well today
Davo
Davo

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 03 Jun 2012, 10:42

Davo wrote:POST LIS –Ten Weeks Post surgery
**Incision Wound Healing**
So I thought I would give you a quick update to let you know where I am.
As you may have read my fissure healed in about 10-14 days post LIS and confirmation of this was given at the four week follow up with my CRS.
At the the four week follow up my incision wound was still healing and granular tissue was visible from the wound. Whilst this did not really cause any problems very occasionally I would feel a very mild irration after a BM however this only lasted for about a minute at a time. My CRS told me that this would take a further 4-6 weeks to heal and low and behold at 6 weeks the granulation tissue finally disappeared and the wound sealed up therefore to summarise my fissure healed in about 2 weeks and the incision wound in about 10 weeks.
Hope everyone is feeling well today
Davo

Hi, Davo! So glad to get an update from you. :) Are you Brits in the thick of the Jubilee Celebration there? Sounds like a big party! --- Speaking of party, you're probably also in the thick of your own upcoming nuptials, right? Congrats!
Glad to know, also, that you're doing well. I'm doing fairly well, as well. My only, minor post-op problem now is that my LIS area healed rather tightly (due to my anatomy, so sayeth my current crs), and I might have to have the skin-tag area clipped a little. Otherwise, my AF problem seems to be over, thank goodness. I'm also completely off Valium and pain killers - and that's good. I'm continuing my daily fiber and Miralax (half a dose of Miralax, most nights) - and my weight is good and has stabilized.
So, barring my little tightened area (which I'll deal with, whenever the crs and I decide it's time to do so), I'm doing fairly well and back to a normal life.
Cheers to you and to everyone else here on the AF forum! I wish us, all, pain-free days and good health.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Davo » 03 Jun 2012, 10:58

Hi Sweet,
Yes the UK is in extreme party mode with street parties, fireworks and endless food and drink. Personally I am in Luxembourg at a friends wedding at the moment but I return tomorrow for the remainder of the celebrations.
I get married in just over two months time now and can't bloomin wait - life is just brilliant now and I struggle to remember what it is like to have a fissure. I see the majority of our old friends have moved on now and the board is full of newbies which is proof in itself that there is and end to life with a fissure!!!! Glad to see your doing well and after a glance through the board I see Sue is well on her way to recovery. Any ideas how rass, thisfissure and workingonit are doing now????
Anyway must dash Its 7pm here and a big chunk of steak and beer is calling me.
Davo
Davo

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 03 Jun 2012, 11:23

Davo wrote:Hi Sweet,
Yes the UK is in extreme party mode with street parties, fireworks and endless food and drink. Personally I am in Luxembourg at a friends wedding at the moment but I return tomorrow for the remainder of the celebrations.
I get married in just over two months time now and can't bloomin wait - life is just brilliant now and I struggle to remember what it is like to have a fissure. I see the majority of our old friends have moved on now and the board is full of newbies which is proof in itself that there is and end to life with a fissure!!!! Glad to see your doing well and after a glance through the board I see Sue is well on her way to recovery. Any ideas how rass, thisfissure and workingonit are doing now????
Davo

I believe Rob (rasmith) is doing quite well -- but I haven't seen nor heard from workingonit for awhile . . . and I'll have to check and see how thisfissure is doing.
Enjoy your meal! Cheers!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby workingonit » 03 Jun 2012, 12:50

Thanks for the update fissulyna. If I weren't healing slowly as it is, I would keep searching for the perfect crs too. So many of them seem to suck.
Glad perseverance won the day for you!!
Hey Davo and Sweet. I am getting there, don't spend as much time on this site either anymore. I guess I am like Dwarf and just healing very slowly. Some days it is so tiresome, but yet much better than it was when I first joined months ago.
SO very glad you guys are doing so well!
Best wishes and all that. :D
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 03 Jun 2012, 19:08

workingonit wrote:Thanks for the update fissulyna. If I weren't healing slowly as it is, I would keep searching for the perfect crs too. So many of them seem to suck.
Glad perseverance won the day for you!!
Hey Davo and Sweet. I am getting there, don't spend as much time on this site either anymore. I guess I am like Dwarf and just healing very slowly. Some days it is so tiresome, but yet much better than it was when I first joined months ago.
SO very glad you guys are doing so well!
Best wishes and all that. :D
-Tanya

Tanya! Glad to hear from you - and I'm so glad you're healing. Slowly, but surely, is better than not at all. Even with surgery, it takes quite awhile for full healing to take place. I'm much, much better - but I'm not past the healing, yet.
Take care and keep us posted. I'll try to do the same. :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby rubius » 04 Jun 2012, 06:53

Davo

hi and congrats!
likewise for me i too had the LIS 3wks back and am expected to get married in another 3 wks
i was jus wondering will i be healed sufficiently by then.
rubius
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 04 Jun 2012, 10:40

rubius wrote:
Davo

hi and congrats!
likewise for me i too had the LIS 3wks back and am expected to get married in another 3 wks
i was jus wondering will i be healed sufficiently by then.

Hello! Well, I don't know if another three weeks will completely heal you -- however, I'm thinking you'll probably feel much better by then. My healing has taken awhile, for various reasons - one of them being that I also had a fissurectomy done when I had my LIS. But, I know people here who've felt better, quite soon after their surgeries. So, just hang in there - take care, rest, watch your diet and keep things smooth and easy - and you should be well on the road to doing much better.
Keep us posted! :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure