My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Postby Sue27uk » 04 Jun 2012, 14:09

Glad to hear you're doing well Davo, and everyone else too! Just waiting for a date for my op now for a fissurotomy & botox, fingers crossed! Just got to get rid of the stinging pain in my coccyx which appears to be external now, seeing my dermatologist on 6th August. Pleased to hear people are improving! I hope I am going to be joining you soon :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 04 Jun 2012, 16:57

Sue27uk wrote:Glad to hear you're doing well Davo, and everyone else too! Just waiting for a date for my op now for a fissurotomy & botox, fingers crossed! Just got to get rid of the stinging pain in my coccyx which appears to be external now, seeing my dermatologist on 6th August. Pleased to hear people are improving! I hope I am going to be joining you soon :)

Sue27 -- What is the difference between a fissurotomy and fissurectomy? (Maybe they're the same . . .?) Anyway, I wish you well. I've found out that dealing with this whole thing is a process and sometimes a LONG process. My AF was removed, and I had a LIS at the same time . . . so, I've had two procedures to recover from - and now, though I'm nearly totally healed, I'm in some discomfort because the area (externally) healed in a rather tightened way, and I may need the tag, et. al., clipped a little. So . . .
We just have to keep on keeping on. :) Keep us posted, and I'll do the same.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby rubius » 06 Jun 2012, 23:08

[quote="Sweet Bugaboo"]
rubius wrote:
Davo wrote:Hi Sweet,
hi and congrats!
likewise for me i too had the LIS 3wks back and am expected to get married in another 3 wks
i was jus wondering will i be healed sufficiently by then.

Hello! Well, I don't know if another three weeks will completely heal you -- however, I'm thinking you'll probably feel much better by then. My healing has taken awhile, for various reasons - one of them being that I also had a fissurectomy done when I had my LIS. But, I know people here who've felt better, quite soon after their surgeries. So, just hang in there - take care, rest, watch your diet and keep things smooth and easy - and you should be well on the road to doing much better.
Keep us posted! :)

hi, just got over with theory papaers today.... wow! I WAS ABLE TO SIT UP FOR ALMOST 4-5HRS!
YEAH! actually i was quite bothered as i needed to study and then my marriage. right now the site seems to be dry and non discharging... quite comforting.
as regards diet im sticking to high fibre ,low spices and having mineral oil based laxative. seems things are under control.
sometimes i do get loose stools ..... but of course better than a hard motion anyday. dread that !
im trying to assume my ususal routine. though i really dont bend too much ... sumhow feel a little strained.
wishing a gud healing to all.
rubius
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 06 Jun 2012, 23:41

[quote="rubius"]
Sweet Bugaboo wrote:
rubius wrote:
Davo wrote:Hi Sweet,
hi and congrats!
likewise for me i too had the LIS 3wks back and am expected to get married in another 3 wks
i was jus wondering will i be healed sufficiently by then.

Hello! Well, I don't know if another three weeks will completely heal you -- however, I'm thinking you'll probably feel much better by then. My healing has taken awhile, for various reasons - one of them being that I also had a fissurectomy done when I had my LIS. But, I know people here who've felt better, quite soon after their surgeries. So, just hang in there - take care, rest, watch your diet and keep things smooth and easy - and you should be well on the road to doing much better.
Keep us posted! :)

hi, just got over with theory papaers today.... wow! I WAS ABLE TO SIT UP FOR ALMOST 4-5HRS!
YEAH! actually i was quite bothered as i needed to study and then my marriage. right now the site seems to be dry and non discharging... quite comforting.
as regards diet im sticking to high fibre ,low spices and having mineral oil based laxative. seems things are under control.
sometimes i do get loose stools ..... but of course better than a hard motion anyday. dread that !
im trying to assume my ususal routine. though i really dont bend too much ... sumhow feel a little strained.
wishing a gud healing to all.

Sounds like you're hanging in there and doing okay. Just stay on the fiber and laxative, at least for awhile. (Of course, I'm no doc, so be sure you go over everything with him.) It does take awhile to heal - but if you were able to sit up for quite some time, that's definitely progress.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby jax » 07 Jun 2012, 19:25

Davo, I just had my surgery today. I am not in any discomfort except for the spasms I get every now and then or when I pee. It hurts and it radiates from the incision area and a little from the fissure. Did you have that issue.
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Davo » 08 Jun 2012, 04:48

Hi Jax,
Welcome to the other side :D
Naturally you will feel a little sore and the spasms should be expected as you still have the fissure and a fresh wound from the scalpel incision point at the moment.
And yes i did get a little discomfort when i would pee however this should only be for the first few days at most (kind of a burning sensation yeah?)
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby Sue27uk » 10 Jun 2012, 11:48

Sue27uk wrote:
Glad to hear you're doing well Davo, and everyone else too! Just waiting for a date for my op now for a fissurotomy & botox, fingers crossed! Just got to get rid of the stinging pain in my coccyx which appears to be external now, seeing my dermatologist on 6th August. Pleased to hear people are improving! I hope I am going to be joining you soon
Sue27 -- What is the difference between a fissurotomy and fissurectomy? (Maybe they're the same . . .?) Anyway, I wish you well. I've found out that dealing with this whole thing is a process and sometimes a LONG process. My AF was removed, and I had a LIS at the same time . . . so, I've had two procedures to recover from - and now, though I'm nearly totally healed, I'm in some discomfort because the area (externally) healed in a rather tightened way, and I may need the tag, et. al., clipped a little. So . . .
We just have to keep on keeping on. Keep us posted, and I'll do the same.
Hi Sweet. Sorry its taken a while to reply. A fissurotomy is used where the fissure has healed on top but not underneath. So they re-open it up, clean it out and get rid of old tissue and then it re-heals (hopefully!) from the inside out. It has a high success rate apparantly and I'm hopeful with botox too. A fissurectomy is where they cut out the whole fissure. I'm really undecided what to do though as I am feeling so much better - over a week with no pain except terrible stinging at the top! Still got spasms though. But I suppose if its not properly healed it may open again or possibly get infected underneath? I don't know, am waiting for a date still. :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby Sue27uk » 10 Jun 2012, 11:49

Sweet I have copied in what you wrote but it looks like I have written it, hope you can decipher it! Not sure how to do the white box thingy everyone else has done! :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby rubius » 10 Jun 2012, 13:14

need some help...(have hung on with a lot of help from the forum) Image
i have pretty much been healing fine..... almost three and a half weeks since the LIS now. hav been able to walk and sit up for almost 4-5 hrs at a go.....till today.

i had pain at the incision site after 4 hrs of sitting upright and then .... a faint tinge of blood hardy 3-4 mm.... just noticeable on the tissue. the area has otherwise been dry for almost 5-7 days.
is it some cause of alarm?
i cant rest much as days will be busier now atleast for 3-4 days ?
need advice.
rubius
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby jax » 11 Jun 2012, 00:58

Davo, I just want to say that your whole story was sort of inspiration for me to go thru with LIS and having faith that it will worked and be okay at the end. It's now day 4 post op and the pain during peeing has greatly reduced everyday. Its due to my sphincter muscle contracting right before I pee. How long did it take before you could sit for several hours and.not have bleeding or discomfort?
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5