My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Postby Strangeworldaf » 13 Aug 2012, 17:31

Sweet, you are really sweet :-) your message really made my mind at little ease. I will keep you all posted for sure. I surely need your inputs. peace and have a great time ahead.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Aug 2012, 17:39

Strange, hang in there! Once you get past the surgery, you can concentrate on resting and healing -- and be sure to give yourself a light, soft diet, plenty of water, rest, and lots of time.
We are here for you! Hugs and keep us posted!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Strangeworldaf » 13 Aug 2012, 18:14

Sweet...what is lighter anesthetic? Do you if they operate by doing local anesthesia or something in the spine? I am very scared ....never went through this before.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Aug 2012, 20:24

Hi, Strange -- Well, some of the folks here have had a more local anesthesia, versus having general anesthesia. It just depends on the doctor. Crs #3 said he always gives g.a. - but I would have preferred a local anesthesia.
I guess some people have epidurals for their LIS - and I had those with my c-sections.
Strange, you'll be fine - you really will. The anticipation is much bigger than the actual procedure. Still, I totally understand your anxiety. For me, though, my fissure was extremely painful, and I was willing to go through anything to get rid of it.
Hugs to you! Now, when is your surgery? This week?
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Strangeworldaf » 13 Aug 2012, 20:37

Next Tuesday....very interestingly my fissure pain and other conditions associated with it got reduced to 60% .....but i still feel i should go for the Surgery as my issue is Spasm...tight Anal Sphincter....i got my fissure 2.5 months ago, in this 2.5 months i tore it 3 times and saw CRS#1 and he recommended Surgery. I can take second opinion but confused. My CRS is 66yrs old and the moment he saw my fissure he suggested LIS... thats my story...and thank you so much for reading an replying...don't have enough words to thank you.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Aug 2012, 21:09

Strangeworldaf wrote:Next Tuesday....very interestingly my fissure pain and other conditions associated with it got reduced to 60% .....but i still feel i should go for the Surgery as my issue is Spasm...tight Anal Sphincter....i got my fissure 2.5 months ago, in this 2.5 months i tore it 3 times and saw CRS#1 and he recommended Surgery. I can take second opinion but confused. My CRS is 66yrs old and the moment he saw my fissure he suggested LIS... thats my story...and thank you so much for reading an replying...don't have enough words to thank you.

Well, I'll be saying prayers for your speedy recovery, and I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts. I have a tight anal sphincter, too - so, the LIS was essential for me. I still worry about keeping things smooth and easy -- I guess that once a person goes through this nightmare, it's hard to let it go. Still, I'm doing much, much better -- and when I get through my clipping procedure, I should be good to go.
You're welcome, btw -- I'm happy to give you any and all the support I possibly can. It sounds like your crs is old enough to know what he's doing.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Strangeworldaf » 13 Aug 2012, 21:36

Sweet--I will also keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Will keep you posted with my pre and post surgery events.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Davo » 14 Aug 2012, 02:17

Good Morning guys,
Still on a high from the London Olympics and currently on my fissure diet again. However this is not because i am having problems, it's actually because i get married in a week and a half and i need to shift half a stone very quickly :D
It has now been 22 weeks since my surgery and i have not had a single bit of bother from the fissure ever since. Things are great and i can happily get married without the worry of sitz baths, soft food, no alcohol and pain.
Sweet, H
How is life with you? I have just read a few of your posts but things must be a whole lot better for you now surely?
Strangeworldaf,
Don't worry about LIS surgery as it really is a walk in the park. It's over and done with in less time than it takes to make and drink a cup of coffee and in some cases can be a quick fix solution.
Davo (Soon to be married!)
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby Strangeworldaf » 14 Aug 2012, 05:54

Thanks Dave and Wishing you a great happy Marriage and lovely marriage life.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 15 Aug 2012, 16:10

Davo and Sweet,
As you know I have a surgery scheduled in less than a week and i am looking for some help on the diet. I have tried the following but i end up having 3 BMs (almost watery).
I am talking 1 1/2 tablespoon of MOM at night and boiled vegs( carrots, cauliflower, green beans) twice daily(lunch and dinner).
Today i had 3 BMs and the third one was very painfull, i am afraid to go to Surgery with this BM diet.
Tried Miralax and that did not work.
Please help !
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist