My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Postby jax » 19 Jun 2012, 08:11

Davo, no apologies needed. I know that you are getting along nicely with your life now that your better. I hope to do the same eventually. I appreicate your response.
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Davo » 25 Jun 2012, 15:00

Hi Jax,
My delays are slow as my internet connection seems to have gone on a summer holiday (vacation as you guys call it). I am still quite happy to discuss experiences on here and like to see how everybody is getting on.
How are you feeling now?
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby jax » 13 Aug 2012, 15:05

Hey Davo,
Just swinging by to see how you are doing? I hope you are doing better than me. It's been 66 days since my LIS and today was the first day I noticed a slight set back so I'm back on the board temporarily. Also since Im back temp. I figure I try to help others getting LIS soon, since I've gone thru it.
Very veryyy verrry little blood, pin drop size, but still concerning. lol. I called my CRS's assistant to see what I should do.
jax
Salt Bather

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Aug 2012, 16:12

jax wrote:Hey Davo,
Just swinging by to see how you are doing? I hope you are doing better than me. It's been 66 days since my LIS and today was the first day I noticed a slight set back so I'm back on the board temporarily. Also since Im back temp. I figure I try to help others getting LIS soon, since I've gone thru it.
Very veryyy verrry little blood, pin drop size, but still concerning. lol. I called my CRS's assistant to see what I should do.

Hi, jax -
I know Davo is getting married this month, so he might be on his honeymoon by now. Hopefully, he'll give us an update, soon.
I had my surgery (LIS and fissurectomy) at the end of January, and it took me months to feel somewhat better. Some people heal a little slower, according to my crs (Crs #4). Even at that, I've healed in a rather stretched way, and I'll need some superficial clipping done down below - but I'm not having that done until the second week in November (after my son's wedding). --- So, IMO, healing times vary with people, and you're still early with your healing, IMO.
Hang in there and give yourself more time. Meanwhile, it certainly doesn't hurt to get your crs's opinion of your progress.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Strangeworldaf » 13 Aug 2012, 16:17

Don;t mean to Hijack this thread, but i need some suggestion...I am scheduled for the LIS next Tuesday and i am very nervous, please suggest be things i do before surgery.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Aug 2012, 16:35

Strangeworldaf wrote:Don;t mean to Hijack this thread, but i need some suggestion...I am scheduled for the LIS next Tuesday and i am very nervous, please suggest be things i do before surgery.

Hi, strange -
Ah, let me see . . . well, you'll need to rest up for awhile after surgery, watch your diet (eat foods that keep your stools soft), and make sure you have a way to clean yourself (post bms) in a careful way. Alot of people love several warm baths, per day -- I did that, a little, but I'm more of a shower gal - so, I had to make sure I carefully and gently rinsed off my bottom, post bm. I always took my shower after a bm.
Also, you might want to stock up on a stool softener, for post-surgery use. If I can think of anything else, I'll sure let you know. Good luck, and let us know how you do.
BTW, pre-op nerves normal.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby jax » 13 Aug 2012, 16:44

Sweet Bugaboo wrote:
jax wrote:Hey Davo,

Hi, jax -
I know Davo is getting married this month, so he might be on his honeymoon by now. Hopefully, he'll give us an update, soon.
I had my surgery (LIS and fissurectomy) at the end of January, and it took me months to feel somewhat better. Some people heal a little slower, according to my crs (Crs #4). Even at that, I've healed in a rather stretched way, and I'll need some superficial clipping done down below - but I'm not having that done until the second week in November (after my son's wedding). --- So, IMO, healing times vary with people, and you're still early with your healing, IMO.
Hang in there and give yourself more time. Meanwhile, it certainly doesn't hurt to get your crs's opinion of your progress.

Ohhh congrats Davo! I'm very happy for him.
YEa I know it's early but everything was going well so it's dissapointing. My fissure was fairly small and never painful even though it was chronic and bled every few weeks so I was very hopeful about this surgery being a success. Since it has been successful for some people who have it wayyyy worst than me. I mean things werent perfect after the surgery during BM, there was still a slight discomfort that never went away but since there was no blood for over 2 months and since the 4th or 5th day after surgury, I thought I was doing very well. I told my CRS but they said it might be my paranoia but everything looked healed on my 3 week post op. I guess I'll go back to a half dose of Miralax a night. I'm just somewhat afraid of the long term effects if I have to take this forever.
We'll see what they will say when they call back tomorrow. Image
jax
Salt Bather

Postby Strangeworldaf » 13 Aug 2012, 16:57

Sweet---thank you so much...i am scared but dont want drag this fissure pain. Had this since 3 months but retore 3 times in this 3 months and my doctor feels my fissure might not heal without LIS....so here i am waiting for my LIS....any tips to ease my nervousness will greatly thanked.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Aug 2012, 17:10

Hi, again, jax!
IMO, this fissure/surgery/post-op journey is NOT without disappointment, frustration, and set-backs for alot of people. I had a horrible set-back in my sixth week of post-op recovery, and it was back on the Miralax for me! BTW, I've spoken with two crs's - both of whom have said that long-term use of Miralax is fine. I've been on it for at least 3-4 months now - BUT, I've gradually been cutting back on the dose, and I'm now down to just a few sprinkles of it in a cup of water, every night. I probably don't even need it now.
The thing is, my horrible fissure pain is gone - but, I still have the discomfort of this superficial area that healed rather tightly -- so, it will have to be clipped, and I know that will involve further healing on my part.
My best advice for anyone is to give it time - time, time, time. Oh sure, there are plenty of folks who heal quickly and do just great, a few weeks' after surgery - but that's not the case for everyone.
So, you hang in there! Keep things soft and easy, and don't let this get you down. This advice is coming from someone (me) who has struggled to get to a "well" place with this entire process.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Aug 2012, 17:20

Strangeworldaf wrote:Sweet---thank you so much...i am scared but dont want drag this fissure pain. Had this since 3 months but retore 3 times in this 3 months and my doctor feels my fissure might not heal without LIS....so here i am waiting for my LIS....any tips to ease my nervousness will greatly thanked.

Hi, again, Strange -
I've seen a total of FOUR crs's -- the first two didn't do a darn thing to help me, but Crs #3 said my fissure would never heal, and I believe that's true about chronic fissures. They just keep recurring - so, IMO, it's best to deal with them and not drag out the waiting to see if they'll heal.
Every surgeon is a little different. Mine (Crs #3, who did my surgery) didn't do much to prepare me - and I didn't get post-op instructions, or anything. However, it seems that most people here do get more support from their crs's, both before and after surgery.
My surgery took 30 mins., according to my crs. He did the LIS and also a fissurectomy. Many crs's don't feel that fissurectomies are necessary, but mine did. I think the double procedure made my healing take longer. Also, I was given general anesthesia before my surgery, but some people are given a lighter anesthetic. --- I made sure to rest alot after my surgery and also to give the area lots of air, to promote healing. I didn't wear underwear for several days, so that my bottom could air out, a bit. I also had my hubs help me clean the area, because there is some swelling after surgery. So, if you have someone who can help you, post op, that would be great.
Just remember, your fissure will probably not get better on its own, especially if it's become chronic. We're all here to help you and give you encouragement. I'm sure you will get through it, just fine -- and again, nerves are normal.
Please keep us posted!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure