new here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: new here

Postby pinky » 11 Sep 2008, 16:46

fissy-just read u r in pain again :( why does it happen when we feel everythings better and bam....wish i cud take away everyone's pain.hang in there fissy,u will get better Image
i dont know wat to expect after LIS.havent heard anyone heal soon without having setbacks.
thanks tabby and corsica.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Sep 2008, 18:28

Thanks dear Pinky Image Image Image . I try to remind myself that this time so much more was done than just a LIS and that healing will be longer and more painful. My first LIS was a breeze - in 10 days I was up and running , now I will not be running until my skin tag removal wound heals and that can take a loooong time since I did not have sutures put in.
I had a setback because I tried to take my CRSs advice and take some "bulking" fiber to make my poop balkier and it was just too much for my wound and all pain came back :( . I will stick with my mushy poop for now - I just am so tiered of pain.
I am telling all of this to you so you would not worry about your LIS - for most people it is one time deal and very fast recovery Image !!! There is no reason for you not to have that experience Image and completely be pain free in record time Image HEY - just 4 more days Image :snn: Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Sep 2008, 19:19

.wish i cud take away everyone's pain.hang in there fissy,u will get better comfort
When you show you care, you do exactly that, Pinky....
Deleted User 5

Postby small_flower » 12 Sep 2008, 09:13

thank you all so much for the quick reply.feels so good to have others support.i think noone understands unless theyve been through it

Welcome to the forum!
I know how it feels to be alone. I had my fissure for YEARS! and i didn't even know it. I would have the spasms and I never knew what they were. I never ever talked to anyone about it, not even a doctor, because I was so embarassed. The one time I tried, the doctor gave me this quizzical look, and i just said "never mind, never mind." I was still pretty young at that point, so I guess no one took me seriously.
Originally, my fissure was diagnosed as a hemorrhoid. What a relief it was to finally get a correct diagnosis! Look through lots of the surgery posts here, it is the best way to get an idea of what you can expect. Keep in mind though, that everyone heals differently, and if someone had a particularly tough time, it doesn't mean that you will. I was very scared of my surgery and I had the exact same fears that you did. Yet, I simply did not have any other options, I had a chronic fissure, and while I did end up getting a very supportive doctor (which made me feel a lot better), I still had my doubts.
I think that this is going to be the right move for you. It will be tough having a new baby around, but, you really need to take the time to heal yourself and not struggle to take care of your new little one, as difficult as that is going to be. I certainly will pray for you. Your story is actually another fear of mine. I am only 24, but I think that when I have children, the fissure is going to open up again, and I will have to go through it all over again! Wait and see.
I think your on the right track. Ask as many questions as you want here! People are very supportive and helpful.
Welcome to the family,
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby pinky » 13 Sep 2008, 15:40

Fissy dear-hope u r feeling better today.thanks so much for comforting and giving me hopes when u r in such pain.even i have a skin tag which was small initially but has gotten big since the last few weeks.not sure if they'll remove it.did u have a skin tag the first time u had LIS?is it very painful to get it removed?recovery is different for everyone n as doctors we dont know wat the details of recovery.I would like to know from u before i decide to get it removed.for LIS we know as doctors that we can be back to normal activities within a week which is not the case after reading everyones posts here.ive just been upset the last 2 days n been busy as my uncle was here.u will get better and it does take time.stress will only worsen ur state.try to relax and hope for the best. Image
Kim-thanks.its nice u r still around
hello Kate-Its feels good to know u r healed.its very sweet of you to comfort me.everyone is very supportive here and im so much stronger now as i can relate to everyone here.
it does make it hard to cope with a small baby when i shud be enjoying watching him grow.I hope my pain will disappear soon.dont be scared thinking of future whether ur fissure will return.u have healed now n u shud stay positive.im so scared coz everything goes wrong in my life.nothings straightforward and there r obstacles at very turn.i feel im jinxed at times.i know i have to be postive now but its so hard when ive suffered for so long.
thanks Kate.good luck with ur future.
pinky
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2008, 15:55

Your LIS is Monday, Yes ?
Pinky I know you are doing the right thing here , just keep in mind the stats for LIS - 96% I think ! That’s better than any other stat for healing this fissure once and for all !
You are safe guarding your future with LIS, you have a good CRS and things cannot get much better than that…Think positive this will be the fix you need Image
We will be thinking of you on Monday and I will be keeping you in my prayers Image
xx

Postby pinky » 13 Sep 2008, 19:44

Tabby-LIS on monday afternoon.i know there is a high success rate with LIS and i hope to be in that 96%.
its 2.30am here and i had to poop.now i wont be able to sleep for a long time.i hate this life wherein i have to be in constant fear.im just scared watelse they'll find on examination and i dont know wat will happen to my skin tag.
how do u feel tabby?
pinky
Fissureologist

Postby Jen » 13 Sep 2008, 19:52

Pinky -
I am so happy that you will be getting LIS on Monday! Good luck - you will be healing in no time! Is the skin tag still in question?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby pinky » 13 Sep 2008, 20:03

Thanks Jen.i have to ask my crs on monday if he'll remove my skin tag as well.it was smaller last time when he examined me.how r u studying?good luck Jen
pinky
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2008, 20:29

Good luck, Pinky.  I had my skin tag removed and I am glad I did, but as you know the more you cut the more chance there are of complications, but mine was just as painful as a thrombsed hemmie or fissure so I was ready to have it removed.