new here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: new here

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2008, 08:54

Hi Pinky,
My pain was sometimes inescapable but the most comfortable way for me to be was lying on my belly. Not very realistic way to live though.

Make sure if you take the ibuprofen that you have some food in your stomach because it can cause stomach problems. Another med I found helpful was tramadol. It is a non-narcotic pain medicine that has been around for a long time. It is prescription only. You could also ask about a small dose of valium which can help the spasms too.

I have two daughters-5 and 10. My fissure did heal up so don't give up!

Postby val » 07 Sep 2008, 09:38

I had no real pattern either. Sometimes i could walk the spasms off other times i would literally be rolling round on the bed crying and wanting to die. It was the worst pain EVER! Worse than childbirth! The diltiazem helped but the LIS certainly gave me my life back with regard to no more spasms.
Lecia is right- try valium, it really can help. And sitting on a hot water bottle helped too.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby pinky » 07 Sep 2008, 14:09

thanks kim,val and lecia for ur replies.dont remember if i mentioned earlier but im a doctor.that makes it worse for me that i have to suffer so much.i feel helpless.i just had a BM and i feel so low.im in pain.i just wanted to play with my son but now im in sitz bath.i always keep the sitz bath ready n sit soon after BM.i know wat u mean val.sometimes i cope with the pain n sometimes i roll in bed crying.atleast childbirth was just once n not everday pain like this.have u healed completely now val after LIS?do u still have any pain at all?maybe lying down concentrates me only on my pain as kim said.im too upset to type
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Sep 2008, 14:27

Oh Pinky - just one more week and you will be done with this madness. Even we who still have issues do not regret having a LIS !
I was in so much pain, there was nothing that would possible be able to distract me. You, as a doctor, know how many nerves are down there and that pain as a sensation "can NOT be ignored" - it is evolutionary made that way - that it can not be ignored since it is a signal of something terribly wrong going on in our body : ( ! It is just flabbergasting to me that with all of medical advancements medical community is not spending resources on developing better and safer pan management and among other things - does not invent better treatment for colorectal problems since they are so debilitating ???
You will get so much better after the LIS - you will not believe it. Just find the best surgeon there is - at least you must have resources and venues to find one with "inside strings" - I really , really wish you fantastic and speedy and forever recovery !!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 07 Sep 2008, 14:44

yeah, i do have ongoing issues, Pinky. But NEVER do i regret having the LIS. I had to have it because i got an abcess, then a fistula so i was forced into having the op, but i just wish i'd had it done sooner.
Thats cool that you are a doctor! At least you know the best treatment for you!
I'm sorry you're so upset, it's such a depressing condition. I'm sure the LIS will help relieve this misery.
take care
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2008, 15:16

That is great that you are a doctor. I bet this will help you understand your patients more and develop empathy for those in pain and you have access to better doctors (your colleagues) and medicine.

I think you will be fine-like we have said 95% cure with LIS and no reason that you won't be in that majority.

Postby Corsi » 07 Sep 2008, 15:18

Pinky Image
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby pinky » 07 Sep 2008, 17:37

feel so much better to see all of ur replies.it helps me so much :)
i stopped working 2 yrs back and dont have much access to doctors as we moved last year.i was made to wait for so long in pain without anything being done which makes me mad Image i was told my crs is a good surgeon and he's definetely an angel who's helping me so much.i can surely empathise more with patients in pain now.
im supposed to have an endo anal ultrasound to see if my muscle was damaged during delivery.i dont know if i shud go as im not sure if a probe will enter in this pain.i know its very important to know if sphincter is damaged but it'll be so painful Image its on 10th.have to decide soon.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2008, 18:19

That sounds like a wonderful diagnostic tool. I should ask about that for myself. Although I have had EMG studies that show the nerves have been damaged in my rectal branches of the pudendal nerve. It would be hard to know whether or not to get the test. Have you had anoscopy? If your butt can handle that it could probably handle the proble.

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Sep 2008, 20:15

Pinky : ) _ can you ask them to give you intravenous sedation during the exam ??? Our Corsica here had ultrasound exam and said that probe is size of a tampon - but still - when in pain, even air
passing makes us cringe : (. I would like to have that done too since I had 2 LIS surgeries and my sphincter is still tight as a knot and I wonder if they cut a right muscle at all Image . I also wish to have manometry done to see exact internal pressure and not play guessing games any more !
I wish you best of luck Pinky Image Image Image Image - I wish so much for you to finally be able to enjoy your baby and have romantic time with your husband - I understand your anguish completely as do all of our members here Image !
May you be pain free very VERY soon !!!!! :nevergive:
PS: Would you mind sending me a PM with the name of your surgeon Image or at least a name of the hospital , I am really desperate to find help Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61