new here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

new here

Postby pinky » 04 Sep 2008, 11:41

Hi everyone,wish id found this site earlier.ive been suffering from af for the last 8months after delivery.im fed up of trying all the conservative treatments n ointments n botox.nothing worked for me.its affecting my whole life.u all know how it feels.im having LIS in 10days.im praying it works n i can lead a normal life again.ive just lost faith in everyone n keep worrying if surgery will help.its been of great help to read everyones views here.i will surely post my experience after surgery.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Re: new here

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Sep 2008, 11:43

Welcome, Pinky! I hope you can read some of the threads and find something that works for you until you have your surgery. I went your same route (except for botox) and the LIS is what finally worked for me. Good luck in 10 days!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 04 Sep 2008, 11:46

Hi there and welcome aboard.
Sorry you're going through all this and I'm sure surgery will help a lot.
Good luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 04 Sep 2008, 11:49

Hi Pinky!
I am sorry this has been troubling you so especially with a new baby. That is the pits. But I think since you have tried everything else you are wise to go ahead with the LIS. I hope we can be of help here.

Take care,
Lecia

Postby Corsi » 04 Sep 2008, 11:58

Image Here you have found Fissure Heaven. This is a wonderful place were we can discuss our taboo butt problems :) It must have been hard to have had a fissure when having a little baby...hope LIS takes care of business for you... :D
I am quite new here myself, and I am so happy I started to use this forum. I have got a lot of good advice, and met a lot of really nice people.
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby pinky » 04 Sep 2008, 11:59

thank you all so much for the quick reply.feels so good to have others support.i think noone understands unless theyve been through it.for how many days after LIS did u have pain kim?im going through the forum now for advice.I feel i wudve been able to cope much better if id found this site earlier.
im hoping for the best
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Jen » 04 Sep 2008, 12:03

Pinky -
Welcome! I also got my fissure after delivery. I tried all the creams and everything and nothing worked. I finally had LIS less than 2 weeks ago. I think it is too soon to tell if I am cured as I am still having some post op issues.
There are so many people healed with surgery and there is no reason to think why we can not be some of them too!
Read some of the surgery posts - they are very helpful.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Sep 2008, 12:39

I was really sore for about a week, then by a week and a half I was able to go back to work, but I was weak still. But everyone one heals at different rates. My CRS told me to expect a 2-3 week recovery and he was spot on for me.
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 04 Sep 2008, 12:56

PInky,
Welcome. You will find a lot of support here.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Sep 2008, 14:40

I wish you the best of luck Pinky : )))) !!! Just tell your CRS to do the LIS and nothing else - you will heal in no time !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61